+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

Wafa25

Oct 6, 2012
Wow that is crazy! Have you called your MP? They will look into it for you. Or I would also suggest emailing the Rabat office direct. You can find their email online. Sorry to hear it's taking so long for you guys. It is hard enough the distance .
Yes I did contact my MP and they just emailed me with what I already know

allyh

Star Member
Sep 17, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
12-03-2018
AOR Received.
25-04-2018
File Transfer...
18-05-2018
Med's Request
04-05-2018
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
15-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2019
LANDED..........
01-04-2019
It says that they don’t need an interview they don’t need biometric and I that he passed the medical but they still haven’t started the background check
Once you fill out the IRCC, they should respond to you in 5 days. You can also take @gogetter13 advice and contact your MP. They can help you to know what has been completed or needs to be completed on your application.

ginabrigi

Oct 24, 2018
Hi any feb 2018 here still waiting on Pr as for my husband where still waiting when I call the automatic self service they say that they still didint start his background check is this normal it’s been 12 months I so tired of this silence
:( I am tired of waiting too we all have to be patient :(

Reactions: allyh

gela2460

Feb 21, 2019
Hi. I need help. My fiance is in Morocco. We've been together 11 month and I just got back from Morocco and I'm engaged. This is so hard being without him. We know we want to get married and then for him to do all the proper paperwork to come here. Where do I start? What will I need? How long does the marriage process take? We want to start it all so soon as possible! What documents do I need for marriage? What do I do after all the marriage papers are done? What papers or forms do I need to start the immigration process? I'm so in love and can't wait to marry him, but I'm so nervous about all of this! Being without him is killing me!! Any help, advice would be so appreciated! I just don't know where to start, what I need and what to expect!!

allyh

Star Member
Sep 17, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
12-03-2018
AOR Received.
25-04-2018
File Transfer...
18-05-2018
Med's Request
04-05-2018
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
15-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2019
LANDED..........
01-04-2019
Hi. I need help. My fiance is in Morocco. We've been together 11 month and I just got back from Morocco and I'm engaged. This is so hard being without him. We know we want to get married and then for him to do all the proper paperwork to come here. Where do I start? What will I need? How long does the marriage process take? We want to start it all so soon as possible! What documents do I need for marriage? What do I do after all the marriage papers are done? What papers or forms do I need to start the immigration process? I'm so in love and can't wait to marry him, but I'm so nervous about all of this! Being without him is killing me!! Any help, advice would be so appreciated! I just don't know where to start, what I need and what to expect!!
Hi gela2460

Congratulations on your engagement. I'll try to explain as much as I remember about the moroccan process of being married. The first thing is that Moroccan marriage process differs from city to city. The rules are generally the same but there are differences. For a simple example, in Marrakesh they require you to have 4 passport photos and to have an interview with the police. In the town where my wife lives, they require 5 passport photos and they don't require an interview with the police. What you should do is ask your husband to find out the requirements needed in his city. He can mostly likely get the answers he needs from the family courthouse. What you will need to bring is your birth certificate, police record (or lack thereof) from the RCMP, proof of income (not sure if this will apply to you), if you are divorced or widowed you need to provide this document as well. You need to bring some sort of proof of your religion (either as a Muslim, Christian or Jew). I'm not sure if this is enforced in every city, you can ask your fiance to double check. You will need to provide passport pictures but your fiance can find out how many you need and you can always get those in Morocco.

Once you arrive to Morocco you will need to get two other papers as well, they are the Attestation de Capacite de marriage and the attestation de nationalite. In order to get these you will need to write some sort of letter explaining your intention to get married to your fiance. This letter needs to be stamped and notarized. So you take this letter to the embassy of Canada in Rabat and you will have to pay like $50 cad. You will also have to get a police record from the ministry of justice in Rabat. It takes about a day to get this document. They will tell you to come back in 2 days to pick up the documents. Once you have these documents you return to your fiance city and you translate these documents as well as the rest of the documents you brought with you into arabic. Finally there has to be a letter written to the family courthouse for a marriage request between you and your fiance.

After all of this now you actually start the process :)

You will go to the family courthouse and speak to the administrator and present them you documents. They will review to make sure everything is in order and you will be placed in queue to speak with the Judge. If he approves he will stamp some documents and then you have to go to a few different places. I actually had a bad flu around the time we had to run around so I don't remember everything clearly but I do remember going to the police station a few times to have some things signed, going to a few government places in my wife's town to get a few things signed. I remember a lot of running around from one end of the city to another just to get a document to have it signed and return to a place we were just at to have it signed again. After a while you should have everything signed, you will then go to the courthouse and they will take all these documents you have and exchange it for 1 document. You take this to the Adool. The adool will take this document and explain you the marriage rules and if you agree, he will write the marriage contract. Once he is done, you are officially married. It took me 2 weeks to get married but my wife lives in a small town, I heard from several people that in bigger cities the time to get married will take about 1 month.

I may of forgotten some steps, if I did please add to this. Like I said before ask you husband to find out the specific requirements for his city.

Good luck:)

gela2460

Feb 21, 2019
Hi gela2460

Congratulations on your engagement. I'll try to explain as much as I remember about the moroccan process of being married. The first thing is that Moroccan marriage process differs from city to city. The rules are generally the same but there are differences. For a simple example, in Marrakesh they require you to have 4 passport photos and to have an interview with the police. In the town where my wife lives, they require 5 passport photos and they don't require an interview with the police. What you should do is ask your husband to find out the requirements needed in his city. He can mostly likely get the answers he needs from the family courthouse. What you will need to bring is your birth certificate, police record (or lack thereof) from the RCMP, proof of income (not sure if this will apply to you), if you are divorced or widowed you need to provide this document as well. You need to bring some sort of proof of your religion (either as a Muslim, Christian or Jew). I'm not sure if this is enforced in every city, you can ask your fiance to double check. You will need to provide passport pictures but your fiance can find out how many you need and you can always get those in Morocco.

Once you arrive to Morocco you will need to get two other papers as well, they are the Attestation de Capacite de marriage and the attestation de nationalite. In order to get these you will need to write some sort of letter explaining your intention to get married to your fiance. This letter needs to be stamped and notarized. So you take this letter to the embassy of Canada in Rabat and you will have to pay like $50 cad. You will also have to get a police record from the ministry of justice in Rabat. It takes about a day to get this document. They will tell you to come back in 2 days to pick up the documents. Once you have these documents you return to your fiance city and you translate these documents as well as the rest of the documents you brought with you into arabic. Finally there has to be a letter written to the family courthouse for a marriage request between you and your fiance.

After all of this now you actually start the process :)

You will go to the family courthouse and speak to the administrator and present them you documents. They will review to make sure everything is in order and you will be placed in queue to speak with the Judge. If he approves he will stamp some documents and then you have to go to a few different places. I actually had a bad flu around the time we had to run around so I don't remember everything clearly but I do remember going to the police station a few times to have some things signed, going to a few government places in my wife's town to get a few things signed. I remember a lot of running around from one end of the city to another just to get a document to have it signed and return to a place we were just at to have it signed again. After a while you should have everything signed, you will then go to the courthouse and they will take all these documents you have and exchange it for 1 document. You take this to the Adool. The adool will take this document and explain you the marriage rules and if you agree, he will write the marriage contract. Once he is done, you are officially married. It took me 2 weeks to get married but my wife lives in a small town, I heard from several people that in bigger cities the time to get married will take about 1 month.

I may of forgotten some steps, if I did please add to this. Like I said before ask you husband to find out the specific requirements for his city.

Good luck:)
Thank you so very much! Sounds crazy but I'm ready for all. I cant wait for him to finally come to Canada after and start a life. Long distance is so so hard!

Reactions: allyh

gela2460

Feb 21, 2019
What kinda Visa did you apply for and did u get married there first? Also how long did it all take??

I'm so happy for you!! I'm waiting for all of this to happen to me....I'm scared but love doesn't know distance!!!

Aminos

Feb 26, 2019
Good morning everyone, i'm amine from morocco please i have few questions if anyone can help. I want to know if i have to translate my National card, passport and crime clearance, birth certificate since they are in french should i translate them to english two also my family booklet is in arabic and french should I translate everything to English. Another question they said in the website they are requiring certified copies where can i certified them. Is it in Rabat ?
Thank you in advance, wish you all a wonderful day

Aminos

Feb 26, 2019
Can you please tell me if did your husband translate his birth certificate, the national card, passport and criminal clearance even if they are in French. Did you translate them too. I'm so confused I don't know what to do if you can please asnwer.

ginabrigi

Oct 24, 2018
Good morning everyone, i'm amine from morocco please i have few questions if anyone can help. I want to know if i have to translate my National card, passport and crime clearance, birth certificate since they are in french should i translate them to english two also my family booklet is in arabic and french should I translate everything to English. Another question they said in the website they are requiring certified copies where can i certified them. Is it in Rabat ?
Thank you in advance, wish you all a wonderful day
No you don't have to because Canada accept french too.

to certify the documents:

-for passeport and id card you have to take them to "ALMOQATAA" then "ALAAMALA" then "ALKHARIJIA"
-birth certificate "ALMAHKAMA ALIBTIDAIYA" then "ALKHARIJIA"
-police clerance "ALKHARIJIA"

here is the liste of alkharijia offices in cities https://it.tlscontact.com/ma/rba/page.php?pid=ministry_foreign_affairs_address

Reactions: allyh and Aminos

laura.sbai00

Star Member
Dec 26, 2018
Good Morning everyone,
I'm new to this thread...but I've read through it all from the beginning.
We just had our file transferred to Rabat for further processing.
We have yet to receive AOR2 from them(it hasn't been all that long), and so, I expect there will be a significant delay.
Is there anyone else here who has a more recent application and an updated timeline for Rabat's processing times?
Are ppl still experiencing the 12-14 month timeline from the day Rabat receives the file from Canada?
Anyone with current info would be much appreciated :)
Thanks ya'll <3

allyh

Star Member
Sep 17, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
12-03-2018
AOR Received.
25-04-2018
File Transfer...
18-05-2018
Med's Request
04-05-2018
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
15-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2019
LANDED..........
01-04-2019
Hi Folks

I was wondering, has anyone tried to call the embassy in Rabat? I heard people saying that they don't answer if you call but then some people have said you have to try a few times and you will eventually get someone on the phone?