Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
15-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2019
LANDED..........
01-04-2019
Has anyone received any updates recently? My wife has spoken to a few people and they have been requested to pick up their visas within the last few weeks. I'm wondering if this is a sign that they are now completing a lot of older applications.

shani.kaye

May 25, 2018
Has anyone received any updates recently? My wife has spoken to a few people and they have been requested to pick up their visas within the last few weeks. I'm wondering if this is a sign that they are now completing a lot of older applications.
I've not heard anything since about March when they requested that my husband send in another police check and proof of recent contact. That seems like eons ago. I did check the website last week while visiting my husband and it has no new news...just says the application is in processing. I'm starting to get nervous because August 11th of this year will be the 1 year anniversary of our application being received in Canada. CIC still is saying 12 months for processing but that is only an average - some applications take more or less time than others. I feel like I likely won't hear anything new until they need another police check and I don't expect them to contact my husband for an interview before October 30th which will mark the one year anniversary of our application being transferred to the Rabat VO. It seems to take them about a year to process things. I'm getting ready to order my notes this week and if you've not done so, I'd order your notes. It is taking a very long time for them to get back to you on your application so I'd definitely think about ordering your notes.

Reactions: Michelle17

allyh

Star Member
Sep 17, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
12-03-2018
AOR Received.
25-04-2018
File Transfer...
18-05-2018
Med's Request
04-05-2018
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
15-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2019
LANDED..........
01-04-2019
I've not heard anything since about March when they requested that my husband send in another police check and proof of recent contact. That seems like eons ago. I did check the website last week while visiting my husband and it has no new news...just says the application is in processing. I'm starting to get nervous because August 11th of this year will be the 1 year anniversary of our application being received in Canada. CIC still is saying 12 months for processing but that is only an average - some applications take more or less time than others. I feel like I likely won't hear anything new until they need another police check and I don't expect them to contact my husband for an interview before October 30th which will mark the one year anniversary of our application being transferred to the Rabat VO. It seems to take them about a year to process things. I'm getting ready to order my notes this week and if you've not done so, I'd order your notes. It is taking a very long time for them to get back to you on your application so I'd definitely think about ordering your notes.
The notes will definitely give you an idea of where they are with your application. Hopefully you get them within a month. Rabat VO recently contacted my wife telling her they are working on our application. I will give them a few more months before ordering the notes since they have contacted us just a few weeks ago. I was hoping to hear some good news from people on this thread since Rabat is issuing the visas. Maybe we will hear some news in the coming weeks.

shani.kaye

May 25, 2018
The notes will definitely give you an idea of where they are with your application. Hopefully you get them within a month. Rabat VO recently contacted my wife telling her they are working on our application. I will give them a few more months before ordering the notes since they have contacted us just a few weeks ago. I was hoping to hear some good news from people on this thread since Rabat is issuing the visas. Maybe we will hear some news in the coming weeks.
Seems like you are hearing more than I am. Hopefully, we both will get some good news very soon. Good luck.

Angeldust

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
I haven't heard anything. That is interesting that Rabat contacted your wife to tell her they were working on your file - I have never heard of that before.

Michelle17

Jul 19, 2017
I haven't heard anything either.

allyh

Star Member
Sep 17, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
12-03-2018
AOR Received.
25-04-2018
File Transfer...
18-05-2018
Med's Request
04-05-2018
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
15-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2019
LANDED..........
01-04-2019
I haven't heard anything. That is interesting that Rabat contacted your wife to tell her they were working on your file - I have never heard of that before.
Yeah I was surprised too. She showed me the email while I was with her a few weeks ago. They usually just leave you in the dark until they need something from you. Maybe they are changing.

Ayat

Star Member
May 20, 2018
AOR Received.
12-04-2018
File Transfer...
01-06-2018
Med's Request
23-05-2018
Med's Done....
23-12-2018
Yeah I was surprised too. She showed me the email while I was with her a few weeks ago. They usually just leave you in the dark until they need something from you. Maybe they are changing.
Do you mean the email where they say Rabat VO is dealing with your application?

Smilemore12

Jul 31, 2018
Hello my husband is Moroccan , I am looking to apply for sponsorship within the next few weeks and just gathering things together. Can I ask... after translating marriage certificate, birth certificate do we have to go to Rabat to stamp them or what ? Anyone can tell me please in details what should we do ?
Thank you.

shani.kaye

May 25, 2018
Hello my husband is Moroccan , I am looking to apply for sponsorship within the next few weeks and just gathering things together. Can I ask... after translating marriage certificate, birth certificate do we have to go to Rabat to stamp them or what ? Anyone can tell me please in details what should we do ?
Thank you.
I think I recall my husband having to take our marriage certificate to Rabat for a stamp. I know there is a stamp on it from Rabat. I don't think I had to submit his birth certificate as part of the supporting documents for the application but I did have to submit his Moroccan passport and Moroccan ID card. These two were already in French so I didn't have to have them translated. I was able to get a copy of both of those documents and submitted them with the application without needing it stamped by Rabat. I hope this information helps.

allyh

Star Member
Sep 17, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
12-03-2018
AOR Received.
25-04-2018
File Transfer...
18-05-2018
Med's Request
04-05-2018
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
15-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2019
LANDED..........
01-04-2019
Do you mean the email where they say Rabat VO is dealing with your application?
It is an email sent from the embassy in Rabat saying that they are now working on our application. I know the email you are talking about, I received it a few months ago, that one is from the CIC. This one that I am speaking about is from the actual embassy in Rabat

Reactions: Ayat

allyh

Star Member
Sep 17, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
12-03-2018
AOR Received.
25-04-2018
File Transfer...
18-05-2018
Med's Request
04-05-2018
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
15-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2019
LANDED..........
01-04-2019
Thank you.
With our documents, the translator stamped all the translated documents. The originals I think were already stamped, but I may be mistaken.

shani.kaye

May 25, 2018
With our documents, the translator stamped all the translated documents. The originals I think were already stamped, but I may be mistaken.
Yeah, that's how mine was too. The original had a stamp from Rabat and the translated copy had a stamp from the translator certifying the translation. The last time my husband had to provide an updated police check, the embassy at Rabat also wanted to see a copy of the original marriage certificate in Arabic. So eventually they will ask to see the original as well.

allyh

Star Member
Sep 17, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
12-03-2018
AOR Received.
25-04-2018
File Transfer...
18-05-2018
Med's Request
04-05-2018
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
15-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2019
LANDED..........
01-04-2019
Yeah, that's how mine was too. The original had a stamp from Rabat and the translated copy had a stamp from the translator certifying the translation. The last time my husband had to provide an updated police check, the embassy at Rabat also wanted to see a copy of the original marriage certificate in Arabic. So eventually they will ask to see the original as well.
Good point. Don't forget the marriage certificate. When the file eventually makes it to Rabat they will want to see the original.

Smilemore12

Jul 31, 2018
T
Thank you so much
Any advices to follow on gathering documents?