File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
Do you remember the steps you took? Meaning... 1st we go to Canadian Embassy to start...or there is another step before that? Police?
From there what do we do? Can we go to the police and get that started or we have to wait for the Capacite de mariage first before we can do anything else?

I was planning on sending him the papers in advance to have them translated. But he told me that they cannot be older than 3 months...so that means I should not technically start till late Sept or Oct 1st for them to be valid...I hope this is enough time. But from what you have told me they did accept papers translated here into Arabic??

I have put together a list of what I think I will need...can you tell me if I am missing anything...

Here in Canada.

1. Passport
2. Birth Certificate (long form)
3. Letter from my work on letterhead stating how long I have worked there and my hourly wage.
4. My lease from my landlord and copy of all the rent I have paid in the time I have lived here...hoping there is something else I can use for this.
5. Letter notarized by my lawyer that I will be responsible for him when he is in Canada.
6. RCMP Criminal Record check for marriage
7. 16 photos....can these be passport or do they have to be citizen photos? Is it better to get this done here or there? Here it is very expensive... $15 for 2 photos only
8. Letter from my pastor stating that I am Christian and have attended my church for X years. (The church I was baptized in is now closed and I am not sure if there is anyway to contact the pastor there, how should I deal with this? It was a very small church and I am not sure there are any records of this)

Once there,

1. Certificate de mariage
2. Certificate of nationality...it says I will receive both from Canadian Embassy when I take them the notarized letter and my passport... costs $50 Canadian and takes 48 hours
3. Medical certificate
4. Letter that we want to marry to judge
????? anything else

What will he need?

My question is what is the process...do we start with Canadian Embassy and go from there ....

He is from Rabat...When you say 10 days...does that include weekends?

By application I am guessing you mean when I am back in Canada and applying to sponsor him?? I have only been able to visit there once in this time so I am concerned about that too. We talk daily on msn for at least one hour. He has spoken with my Mum and a couple of friends and my daughter.
He is 34 and I am 36 I did not think this was a big deal. I am not concerned about him being in it just for a ticket to Canada or anything like this....we simply love each other very much and would like to create a wonderful family together. My concern is just making sure everything is prepared as much as possible ahead of time so it goes quickly with our time limit.

I am happy for you and your husband...I pray things go as smoothly for us. Any help and advice is greatly appreciated...thank you for your help Lois and Hopeful.

hopeful_waiting

Star Member
Jan 22, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2009
AOR Received.
March 2009
Interview........
Nov 2009
Passport Req..
Nov 2009
VISA ISSUED...
nov 2009
LANDED..........
Dec 2009
dair2dv8103100

non-impediment to marriage issued at the Canadian Embassy in Rabat, Canadian citizens are now required to produce a sworn statement in French before a lawyer, notary or judge in Canada containing the following information: THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT GET IT IN CANADA AND HAVE IT TRANSLATED IN FRENCH

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/morocco-maroc/consular_services_consulaires/marriage-mariage.aspx?lang=eng

By application I mean Sponsorship application look it all over fill it out now and then look it over again read it carefully also needs to be exact as it says in guide

Keep all your messages get pics of your family talking to him and save all mail you and he send to each other as well as phone calls ,, When in morocco take lots of pics of you him family and ceremony Send as much info as you can You will also need to write a letter why you want him to come to Canada how you met proposal what you intentions are in future . Tell it from the heart and be detailed , even have family and friends write letters on you and your husbands behalf ..My kids even wrote letters. You will need to continue to save all contact after marriage he will need to bring this to embassy on day of interview and arabic and english marriage certificate.
I only visited 2 times and age difference is 4 yrs I have 2 kids also took only 8 months for his visa with no interview

As for baptismal ask your pastor if he can find the church records or call Catholic Church Diocese ... they can help perhaps

But I wish you good luck on your marriage
and I sent you an name of Translator your inbox is also full

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I found it much cheaper to get my documents translated in Morocco compared to Canada. $50 as opposed to $250.

If I recall correctly, your first stop is the Canadian Consulate to get the Capacite. That's what they will give you after you submit your $50 and the Affidavit. You wait two days for the Capacite and then take it to the Moroccan Foreign Affairs office for stamping. Now THAT place is an experience! Next thing you do is get your police clearance from Morocco at the Dept of Justice. We did the Foreign Affairs place and Dept of Justice in the same day. It was a very long day. If you are divorced, make sure that you get the divorce certificate authenticated by the Canadian Consulate and stamped at the Morocco Dept of Foreign Affairs too.

Your fiance has a number of things to do as well that he can begin before you get there. He needs to meet with the Adul to get the process started BEFORE you get to Morocco. The Adul will give him a list of what he needs to do.

Regarding your proof of religion, they barely looked at that for me. But all I took was my baptismal certificate and it was enough. We had it translated in Morocco. But a letter from your pastor should be fine.

I got the photos done in Morocco. Again, it was cheaper.

Good luck.

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hello everyone...

I think things are starting to come together in my head...lol

While we are waiting for the Certificate de Mariage can we get our medical and such done. I don't want to waste time if there are things that we can be doing in the mean time.

I will send my papers ahead of me registered post so my fiance can get them translated before I get there.

Also I believe my papers cannot be older than 3 months which means I technically can't start until Oct 1st I guess...this is a little frustrating and nerve wracking.

I really appreciate all the help from everyone and I wish to stay in contact if you are willing. Once I return at the end of January I will begin the sponsorship process and I am guessing you all have some good advice and information for this as well.

It just feels good to know I am not alone and that others have done it and are happy and successful.
Most of my friends do not support this relationship for fear that he is only in it to come to Canada....so I appreciate finding others that have persevered and made it through all the obstacles.

I take it my list above was sufficient? I will approach my pastor..though I know he does not support this kind of relationship either....of course I am not looking for his approval...just a letter stating that I am Christian and have attended my church for X years and I am a member there. I was baptised in another church which is closed so I don't know if I can get the info I need. Never thought of it at the time lol course I never thought I would fall in love with someone in another country either :)

Thanks again for the support...it is so greatly appreciated.

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
(close to Toronto) Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
have your finance speak to the Adul not all ask for the exact same thing
he may require your baptismal certificate or he may accept a letter from your pastor
your pastor will be able to get records of your baptism even though the church is closed
also some were required to supply "family book" from Morocco we didn't have to so again check with the Adul
everything starts at the embassy they will tell you what steps you take from there
translations and pictures are less expenseive in Morocco, i dont recall getting 16 photos i think it was only 8
you wont need to take a copy of your lease or how much you have paid in rent
i also didn't take a notarized letter saying that i would be responsible for my husband once he arrived in Canada you wont have a choice :)
your age difference is fine and the fact that you have been there before is also good

best of luck

hopeful_waiting

Star Member
Jan 22, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2009
AOR Received.
March 2009
Interview........
Nov 2009
Passport Req..
Nov 2009
VISA ISSUED...
nov 2009
LANDED..........
Dec 2009
I got my pics done in Morocco and had my papers translated in morocco. I did need to provide a notorized letter in french called non-impediment the embassy asked for it I had to have it done in Canada before I left I provided the website for more info on this ..

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/morocco-maroc/consular_services_consulaires/marriage-mariage.aspx?lang=eng

Embassy was my first stop it takes at least 2 days for capacite . As you wait for the 2 days to pass get your husbands paperwork stamped and ready for spousal application. Take Capacite for stamping at foreign affairs in Rabat .. now here's where you wait so get there early and it is very busy at least when I went in late October.

As others suggested have fiance speak with Abdul he will explain all things to him where to go what to do ...

Good luck

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Can you please tell me if you had to get married in your husbands city of birth...someone mentioned this before I think but I cant find it now.

I just want to know if we can make all in Rabat or if we have to travel back to his city of birth for the marriage.

Thanks

hopeful_waiting

Star Member
Jan 22, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2009
AOR Received.
March 2009
Interview........
Nov 2009
Passport Req..
Nov 2009
VISA ISSUED...
nov 2009
LANDED..........
Dec 2009
My husband said .. You will need to get married in the city that is on his card of nationality ... if his city is listed as birth city than yes you must ;D

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
First I would like to thank everyone that has been so helpful to me in all this...and patient :D

I am confused though about something....

Online it says that I must have a paper in french and notarized by my lawyer that says I will be responsible for my fiance when he is in Canada...I understand that...not sure what I am supposed to say...maybe someone can give me suggestions on that....

but do I also need a paper that states I am single and able to marry him notarized and authenticated by the government called a Statements In-Lieu of Certificate of Non-Impediment to Marriage Abroad

If I need this then that is the first thing I will have to do since processing it takes 35 days plus mailing time. Can anyone tell me if this is needed...I found it on this site;

international.gc.ca/about-a_propos/authentication-authentification_documents.aspx?lang=eng#A4

As well my fiance told me that I would need A copy of the national identification card???? what is this?

He found this online and told me about it...is it the same thing as the Certificate de nationalite that I will receive from the embassy when I get the certificate de mariage??

Thanks again everyone for the help.

Native

Star Member
Jan 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
to Lindabc, Your inbox is full.

Yes he did after 10 months and then again after 12 months, so he got 2 interviews. total 13 months we waited. Now he is in Canada with me thank god:) each case is different. The reason why my husbands took long because he was a cop in Moroco. So the back round check took soooo long more then 3 months.But now that nightmare is over and were living our lives together and very happy. Good luck to you, Im sure you will hear from them very soon.:) Sign Native

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
@ Native.... Just want to say that I am very happy to hear that your husband is here in Canada now and you are living happily... There have been so many negative responses to my relationship that I am encouraged to finally find others that have success stories.

Congratulations and I wish you a great life.

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
06-12-07/09-24-08/09-27-11
dair2dv8103100 said:
@ Native.... Just want to say that I am very happy to hear that your husband is here in Canada now and you are living happily... There have been so many negative responses to my relationship that I am encouraged to finally find others that have success stories.

Congratulations and I wish you a great life.
Ugh. I'm so sorry that you have had these negative responses. Listen to your gut. If it's giving you the green light, then don't let anyone's negative experiences/attitudes stand in your way. If your gut gives you a yellow light (if you have a little niggling feeling deep down), slow down have the difficult conversation with your honey and see what happens. Incha'allah it will all work out for the best for you!

I wish you nothing but love and happiness!

Lynn

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Ugh. I'm so sorry that you have had these negative responses. Listen to your gut. If it's giving you the green light, then don't let anyone's negative experiences/attitudes stand in your way. If your gut gives you a yellow light (if you have a little niggling feeling deep down), slow down have the difficult conversation with your honey and see what happens. Incha'allah it will all work out for the best for you!

I wish you nothing but love and happiness!

Lynn

@ Lynn

Thank you Lynn ;D. I have no doubt in my mind that he is the one for me. A gift from God. He is the best thing (after my daughter) that has ever happened to me. The only thing is that he is not in Canada and since someone in my church got scammed by a woman from Africa they are all freaking out about my decision to marry him.. This makes for a not so nice situation when I have to ask my pastor for a letter for my statement of faith.

But this is the only board that I have found any support and people that are going through or have gone through what we are doing. I am so thankful this resource is here because I spent many nights crying and feeling alone. Like I was the only one...hahahaha now I know better...lol

It sure is a lot of work but I know in the end it will be soooo worth it to have him here to share our lives together. :D I know this is from God and I have complete faith in God to bring this all about....but I know I must get it all straight in my head and that is why I have so many questions :-[

Thank you for your support.

::)I had posted the question earlier to find out if I need a Statement in Lieu of a Non Impediment to Marriage. I think it is only if I cannot get a certificate de mariage because no where on any site for Morocco have I seen that I need it. But if any one knows I would appreciate knowing because I have to make it with a notary then send it to the government for authentication and that takes more than 6 weeks. Note: this is different than the letter in french stating I will support him when he is here

hopeful_waiting

Star Member
Jan 22, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2009
AOR Received.
March 2009
Interview........
Nov 2009
Passport Req..
Nov 2009
VISA ISSUED...
nov 2009
LANDED..........
Dec 2009
I had to bring one canadian embassy asked for one also.. Now I don't know if others had to or not but mine reads and it is in french notarized PLEASE KEEP IN MIND FRENCH WORDS ARENT EXACT COMPUTER WONT LET ME add accents BUT WHEN YOU GET IT NOTORIZED MAKE SURE WORDS ARE CORRECT

CANADA ) Affadvit de confirmation
PROVINCE D ONTARIO ) dans l affaire de (Husbands Name)

Je, le soussigne (name), fais preter serment a presence dèun Notaire Publique comme suite:,

FAIS PRETER SERMENT A PRESENCE DèUN NOTAIRE PUBLIQUE COMME SUITE:

1. Je suis Canadienne ne a (City name), en Ontario, (date of birth) . Ci- joint est une copie de mon certificat de naissance canadien;

2 Mon adresse actuelle est de(House number and street name).(City, en Ontario (Postal Code) Canada;

3 Je declare que mon numero de passeport est et etait (your passport number) emis de la part du goverment du Canada sur Date issued. Ci joint et une copie;

4 Je (Your Name) assument lèentiere responsabilitie de mon futur conjoint (Husbands full name) ou il reside au Canada

5 Je certifie que mon futur epoux est que l information (husband name ) qui est ne husbands date of birth dans Maroc et reside a l addresse de ( husbands complete addess) Numero d indentification ( his card national number starts with X )

6 Je certifie que tous les renseignements mentionnes son veridique et exact

Fait et signee le (#) (Month) Year and palce where it was signed and notoriozed

Have notorizer name and address stamp on it ,, also put with letter a copie of Birth certiciate and copie of passport also notorized by him

Birth certificate is our card of nationality along with Canadian Passport As for paperwork you go to canadian embassy fill out all paperwork they give in 48 hrs back capacitie of marriage and another paper

prehaps.. lois lane or rejessome and hoping75 can help or give further details.. they all helped me ..

Have a good day hope it helps

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Did I mention how much you guys ROCK :D 8) with cudos to hopeful_waiting

I am still in awe that people I have never even met and may never meet have been so incredibly helpful and supportive.

I have truly come to understand why Canadians have such a great reputation. Complete stangers giving their time and energy to other complete strangers to assist them in a similar cause.

So a very BIG thankyou/merci to everyone.

I am so very glad I am Canadian :D