+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

Yasmina/isabelle

Star Member
Jul 8, 2007
Hi, just wondering how all of you are doing?
To Cindy congrats!! you should be with your hubby by now I tried to call you but no anwser going to try to contact you soon again just to see how both of you are doing.

Becca did you get any news?? havent seen you online latly, as im not on msn much (im so busy at work now, to bad im not aloud msn on my pc at work. But if it did, less wor would get done lol)

wishing all of you the very best
keep strong happyness is just around the corner.
inshaAllah

Isabelle & Boubaker

iqaluit

Jul 12, 2007
Iqaluit, Nunavut
HI Yasmina

actually its like that here too, msn was blocked but managed to find a site that hasnt been blocked yet :) you can give it a try, www.radiusim.com is the site i use to chat with my husband while i'm at work, i'm getting anxious for next week though, thats when his interview is, and hoping that it'll go well.

take care
D

K

karribear

I really really really need help everyone.
The embassy said no to Nabil and I. He can not come to Canada, because they said they do not believe our marriage is real, and because they think his english is not good enough for us to have a marriage.
They got the dates wrong in the letter of his interview, and they said so many bad things to us, really hurtful . My husband does love me, and we talk in video calls every night for at least 3 hours at a time. Really the Canadian Embassy can be so mean and hurtful. I have not gotten my letter from them yet, telling me how to appeal, but i do not even have the money for a lawyer to appeal. Do i need a lawyer? Really so difficult, I am feeling every negative emotion right now, and I feel like the embassy is making me choose between my husband and my children who need education in canada, or else i would move to morocco in a heart beat.
If any body can help . pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee please please please, help . We live in Hamilton Ontario, is anybody knows a lawyer that is the best, and also cost nothing. lol I am on disability and can not afford a lawyer.
karribear@hotmail.com

Karri and Nabil

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
I am so sorry to hear that Karribear,

Did they give your Husband specific reasons for the refusal?
I believe you have 30 days to file an appeal, and it takes from 6-12 months for a court date.

I know this has to be so very difficult for you.

God bless you through this painful process.

Becca

Star Member
Jul 27, 2007
First off Karri and Nabil, I am soo sorry for you.

My husband and I have yet to be given a response and it has been 16 days since the interview. At the interview they said they would call him in a week, but to date we have not heard anything. I guess all I can think is that no news is good news. My husband has not called them back because we dont want to p*ss them off.

Isabelle, I have not been online lately too much as I have been in a deeply sad state with not having my husband here and not having an answer. This was the worst birthday ever - I stayed in bed all day and cried. I was so hoping he would be here, there is a massive family reunion with people coming from all over the world, and I don't think he will be here for it. Such a shame since so many of the family are really old and probably won't last till the next family reunion and they will never get a chance to meet and know my hubby.

Anyways,
Sadly,
Becca

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
(close to Toronto) Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
Hello Beca

I'm new to the forum. My husband has his interview yesterday. They didn't keep his passport and said they would called him in a few days.

Did they keep your husbands passport at the interview?

Its important that you stay positive. I know its difficult but keep yourself busy with things that make you happy.

Best of Luck!

RoxanneAbdel

Feb 12, 2008
Hi all,

Becca, I've been thinking about you and am sorry to hear that there is no response yet for Housni. But I believe that no news IS good news for you. It's easy to say no and I believe they would do that much more quickly than a positive response. I think at this point he should call the embassy and just ask politely about the status of his application. It won't piss them off if he uses lots of sweetness and says he's sorry to bother them but was just wondering.... In fact, maybe they are waiting for him to call! I'm praying for you and am a little worried about what all this stress is doing to you and your health.

Karribear, I am so sorry about your news! I really don't know what to say other than to file your appeal as soon as possible! Perhaps you should contact your MLA as well. Becca, that's not a bad idea for you either! The more support you have on your side, the better.

It seems to me that this is getting more and more difficult at the Canadian Embassy. I wonder why that is? I'm going to do some research about any deteriorating political relations between Morocco and Canada and see if I come up with anything.

Take care all and keep your spirits up.

Roxanne

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
Hello Everyone

I am new to this forum. Wish I had heard about it earlier.

Anyone here close to the Toronto area? I live in Brampton which is about half hour from Toronto. My husband Youssef is from Meknes.

He had his interview yesterday and now we are anxiously awaiting news.

Good luck to everyone!

Happy Bird

Jan 7, 2008
Hi Lois Lane, and welcome to the Forum. I am from GTA area. Best of luck for your and your husband. Can you please give us an idea about your application timeline? Like when did Rabat received your file and started processing his PR application? Thank you.

Becca

Star Member
Jul 27, 2007
Lois,

My husband kept his passport but two days after the interview immigtation asked him to fax over copies of the passport.

I have no idea if this is routine or not. Maybe others can comment with their experiences.

Thanks
Becca

ps. Still no news from immigration.

travel_fan

Star Member
May 7, 2007
Hello Everyone;

First of all, welcome to the forum Lois! My husband wasn't asked to fax his passport info, however I'm not sure it's anything to be concerned about.

Processing times - yes, they seem to be taking more time for everyone than a year ago. It may have more to do with volume (including foreign work visas, etc) than anything else. For those of you who are newer to the forum - many of us having been posting our processing times on www.trackitt.com. It's taking about 8 months once people's applications are in Rabat these days...

Karri - So very sorry to hear that your spousal application was denied. Unfortunately you are experiencing all our worst fears right now. Stay strong - I've heard that appeals do have good success. You might want to consider consulting with a lawyer, however I know that sounds expensive. However, it might be worth the expense to have at least one meeting - as they understand the issues and may be able to give you some very useful advise. I met with a lawyer before I started our spousal sponsorship. It wasn't really necessary at the time for us, however I realized that if and when we hit a problem, that would be the appropriate time to consult with someone. One consultation cost $250 - but he gave me a lot of valuable information in that one hour. Just a suggestion.

Tracy

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
Thanks everyone!

The application was received in Rabat on November 19.
My husband received a call for the interview May 8 to attend the interview May 13.

I'm twenty years older so that raised an eyebrow.

That being said we are hopefull that all will go well.

Not keeping the passport seemed odd to me.

I'm so glad that most had the same experience.

Thanks so much!

Becca

Star Member
Jul 27, 2007
Hoping75 --

Since I do not monitor the french immigration site, do you know if there has been any progress with any of the other people who had interviews on April 28th?

Thanks,

Becca

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
Hi Becca,

There were a few Visas given out this week and last week.

Their interview dates were - 3 people from the 11th of March, 17th March, 7th January, 29th April, 9th of March, and a very luck Lady who had her interview on the 12th of May received her call to pick up her Visa on the 21st of May

There are still 16 People waiting for their Visa's. 1 from January, 1 from February, 5 from March, 5 from April, and 4 from May.

Just to let you know, the people who were told they would be called with the decision, were never called.

They call them with their Visa date, and that's it. No one has been called with a decision.

Hang in there Becca, I know the wait is so stressful and painful, but I think you will be getting good news soon.

I hope these dates help you a little, and give you an idea what s going with others.

Good Luck to you Becca, I hope to hear good news from you soon.

Take care and God bless

Good luck to everyone still waiting

Becca

Star Member
Jul 27, 2007
Thanks Hoping75!!

I didn't want to create a profile just to use it once or twice. You have restored my hopes!!

Thanks again,
Becca