+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

CDAGE79

Star Member
May 5, 2007
Maaaaaaaaan this suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks....(think 3 year old whining and stomping feet and that's me)

What's the hold up!? Why make us suffer needlessly!? I mean come ON!! This is ridiculous! Why drag on this last step for months?

Sorry for whining in the forum but it's about all I'm good for at this point. That and mopping(spelling??) around the office like a sad puppy dog. Yeah I'm pitiful.....but this SUCKS HUGE!

Just keeps going and going and no end in sight. I know when the end isn't that's about it, it's not this week. Not with a stat tomorrow. :( :( :( :( :( And we thought we were sooo close to being together when he had his interview....

Raven and I should get together for a pouting session. lol

Cindy

waiting too

Mar 24, 2008
Becca said:
I am sorry guys I do not have good news to report.

My husband did the interview. He had a short interview with the Moroccan woman, then followed by the canadian woman. He said everything was going fine and the mood was fine and then everything changed, the canadian woman got all strange and then asked my husband why I paid for the apartment rental when I was there in January. My husband pointed out our great wage disparity and said that he payed as much as he could for everything else. Our apartment rental was $1800. - the reason was that I wanted a washer/dryer/bathtub, I wanted to be in a really good neighbourhood. These were my choices, but clearly my choices are being held against him. All the other questions were as posted here in the past.

They kept all the paperwork that he brought with him. They would not give him a response at this time. They said that they will call him in the next week to let him know their decision.

I hate this stuff. I have known my husband for 2.5 years. This is not some flash in the pan romance. If our relationship was not real, why would we be in it for 2.5 years? That does not make sense.

So here I am in tears, not sure I can face the alternatives if we are denied.

I am sick about the fact they did not give him our papers back. I am sick that they do not believe our relationship is valid because I paid for an apartment when I was there in January. This is absolutely heart-breaking. If I was a man and my husband was a woman and the man paid for the apartment, this wouldn't even be questioned. I am sick that they can not see that our relationship is bonafide. What did we do wrong? What did the people who had their answers at the end of the interview do right?

Sadly and in tears at 5am in the morning
Becca
sorry for you becca , inch allah you ll have good news very soon
mine is tomorrow :)
good luck all

CDAGE79

Star Member
May 5, 2007
Ohhhhhhh Becca, I'm so sorry to hear that. If it's any consolation, they kept our papers too. We were told he is accepted...not sure if it's much of a consolation since we're still waiting for the official acceptance. But **hugs** it's all I gots.

Cindy

waiting too

Mar 24, 2008
hoping75 said:
Waiting too,

Good luck tomorrow. I'm sure everything will go well.

God bless
hi, thank you a lot :) i m very vey happy
hamdouallah i passed my interview very well, she ll call me for the visa inchallah
good luck all

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
Waiting Too

A biggggggggggggggggggggg Congratulatons.

I am so Happy for you.

I hope you get your Visa very soon.

Welcome to CANADA

God bless

Becca

Star Member
Jul 27, 2007
Congratulations Waitingtoo

I guess if you are a woman, you pass the interview and they tell you immediately.

Becca

confused and lonely

Star Member
Jun 9, 2007
Sorry it has been awhile since I have posted anything but nothing new to tell on my end still waiting. Congrates to all that have finally gotten their interviews and to those that have recieved their visas. I am truely happy for you all. And I agree that all this waiting is getting bad and they just don't seem to care that they have someones lives in their hands when they are looking at our files we are all just numbers to them. I can't believe what they are doing to some of the men in the interviews that is just crazy. I just wish I could afford to go back and see my husband for a visit I miss him so much, this internet marriage just is not doing the trick when you want nothing more than to hold the one you love. Good luck to all and my prayers are with you all. Take care hope to hear more good news soon.

iqaluit

Jul 12, 2007
Iqaluit, Nunavut
hello all, i've been reading the post on this site since about 2 pm and finally done, i to am married to a morocain got married november 2, 2006 sent our papers out once complete but they sent it back to me saying it was incomplete sent it to brahim to sign cause we forgot to get him to sign one paper, then got a letter stating they are sending it to rabat, then my husband recieved his letter december saying they got our application and it could take up to 7 months, and when i check online to see the status its always the same, we started your process December 3, 2007, and to this day he hasnt received any calls for a interview and its been now 4 months to get it done, i'm wondering if it has to do with me not paying her permenant residents fee yet, which i'll be paying on friday online and i'll get him to bring it to rabat to the visa office to include in our files. I live in Iqaluit, Nunavut and i've gone down 4 times to visit him and his family already, and i too am getting tired of the wait, it gets to be frustrating at times, especially me living way up north and him way down in morocco, he lives in sidi slimane ~ once we hear of anything i'll be more then happy to post on here again, his heard from 2 people who's had their interviews and are in the waiting process too ~ we thought of applying for a visitation visa before but never did ~ almost to the point now to go ahead an just applying for that, ~ if anyone can help me with my question and that is "with me not paying his permenant residence fee ahead, does that slow things down? cause i was going to wait till he had his interview and then pay for it?" qanuqtuu (dont know what to do) thanks for your help in advance :) cheers

Dorcas

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
Hi Raven,

I'm sure you will get a call with good news any minute now.

Your Husband will be with you soon. I wish you all the best, and that Rabat hurries up to Give your Husband his Visa

iqaluit

Jul 12, 2007
Iqaluit, Nunavut
thanks raven:) the weather up here is nice snow is slowly melting, everyone is going out and enjoying their spring camp, its mild today ~

question, how much msn conversation papers did they ask for? i dont want to print all my documents as there is a lot of them, is a couple from when we first met to now ok???

I hope you have good news as well, i'm hoping we will hear something before i go down for my summer holidays, it would be nice to fly back up here with him after my holiday :)

Dorcas

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
Welcome iqualuit

My Husband's papers started in Rabat on Dec 12th so we are close in time.

The question about waiting to pay the PR fee, it said in the application that it can delay the process by 2 months if it is not paid up front. I remember reading that and saying that I was not willing to have to wait one more day than I had to. So I paid it at the same time.

My Husband has not received his call yet either. Your Husband should get his call in May according to the current tomelines that I have seen.

Good luck, and I hope you hear good news soon.

iqaluit

Jul 12, 2007
Iqaluit, Nunavut
Thanks hoping75 :)

well its good to know someones elses papers started in Dec/07 ~

as for the PR payment i'll be making that payment on friday online and once that is done i'll scan and email it to my husband and get him to bring it to the rabat office to include in our files, and i'll send a copy to Immigration office in canada,

now for the msn conversations, is it ok if i dont send him all the conversations we had? he hasnt saved any and i have all mine saved, i'm just trying to think of how much of the conversation i should send him rather then printing them all and sending it to him, thx

Good luck to u as well ~ it would be nice if they both came to canada the same time :)

Dorcas

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
Hi Iqaluit,

It would be really nice if they both get their calls at the same time.

A far as the MSN conversations I sent between 10 and 15 conversations for each month with the application. My Husband also printed all of the ones that I sent, plus 10 to 15 for each month since I sent the application. The embassy really wants proof that your relationship has continued since the Marriage.

We also sent and have the phone bills, Emails, mailed letters, and more pictures.
We also have picture of the computer screen when we were chatting with each other.

Maybe it's over kill, but I would rather have too much than not enough. Some people send just a few, others take alot. I guess it's a personal decision.

You can just Email the conversations, and he can print them there. It would cost alot less because of the shipping costs.

I pray that our Husbands get their calls soon.

Good luck to you