+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

Yvonne

Feb 14, 2008
Hi everyone,
My husband Youness and I were just married on January 21st, 2008 in Morocco and I am sending in all of our paperwork next week (just waiting on my last Notice of Assessment to arrive as I needed a copy). We met 1 year before we got married and have spent 6 weeks in Morocco together total after 2 visits. We talk daily on msn or on the phone for hours. We love each other very much and hope to be together as quickly as possible. Can anyone give me a run down of things the CIC might ask for that they do not specify in the application?

Thanks everyone

Pearlp

Feb 11, 2008
Only advise I can give you is to show a lot of prove of your relationship before you were married. In my case we did not meet before our marriage and the officer use that to refuse my husband. So if you had trips to your husband before marriage try to get all the tickets and hotel reservations. and pictures showing you and your husband but also his relatives with you two together.

Pictures our a lot of help. If you can date them and make notes on the back to explane what is it on the picture.

Good luck

Pearlp

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
I finally received The CSQ today

Now the final phase of waiting for Rabat begins.

It seems like such a long wait considering his AOR date showed the 12th of Dec as the beginning of his process .

I am so happy to see so many of you receiving your interviews. It will be nice when Everyone is finally reunited with their love.

Good luck and God bless to all

hardwaiting/meenona

Nov 26, 2007
congratulation Hoping75 good news alhamdolah one step done for you too so good , in cha alah i hope be quiq for you , and soon you will be with your love for ever ,
i hope for Deseperate and Waiting1 you hear soon from embassy to get the Visa soon and reunited eatch one with their love , good luck ,
good luck for everybody
NoonaAmeen

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
Thank you so much NoonaAmeen

I hope it will be good news for everyone very soon.

We will be able to kiss our loves good night, instead of saying goodbye, and signing off.

God bless and good luck to all

indimer04

Star Member
Dec 10, 2007
alhamdu allah, hoping75 that you received the CSQ that you were waiting for! Inshallah you will soon be with your husband before you know it.

As for us, i am leaving to go to back and see Jamal within the next three weeks with my daughter and hope to have a call while we are there. It would be really nice to be able to come back with him this time. We are planning on staying for the 90days, since my daughter starts school in Sept 08 she will be 4 by then i want to take advantage and spend some time with him. I really miss him so much, enough to say that it was starting to effect my work. I was losing concentration and trust me one mistake could be hundred to thousands of dollars. I work in the travel industry too and thankfully my employer is very understanding and gave me the extended time off.

I only have the problem right now of my daughter's father giving me the permission to take her for that long. We are still in the court system fighting for me getting full custody of her. I am off to see my lawyer on Tuesday and see how that goes..otherwise its great to see how everyone is getting calls for the interviews...it seems that the ball in really rolling this year for all here...inshallah all will be with there husbands soon.

And Pearl i hope that your appeal set for June comes out to what you need it to be...i will be praying for you guys

and Yvonne congratulations on your recent marriage. We sent in our application the end of DEC07 and was approved as sponsor on 22JAN08 this year..we sent in the pictures of us together in Morocco with just each other and then with family, copy of my tickets/boarding pass/some msn emails and our marriage certificate i will let you know anything else once we get called for the interview.

Regards,

Indira

Pearlp

Feb 11, 2008
Hello Indimer04, thank you for your best wishes.

Hope you will be luckier with your ex spouse then i was. my ex husband only lets me take the kids for one month of the year and it has to be when there is no school.
It is nice that you can go to your hubby for so long. I wish i could have don that too.
It would be good if your hubby had his interview while you are there that way you could go with him.

Well good luck and we praying for you.

Hello Hoping75 can you tell me what is CSQ?

Pearlp

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
Thank you Indimer04

Another step over with, and the CSQ is on it's way to Rabat. Now we are just waiting for the interview.

You are so fortunate to be able to spend that much time with your Husband. Because of my work I have not been able to plan another trip back to Morocco. I hope your Ex Husband will be understanding , and allow your daughter to go with you.
Good Luck Pearlp with the appeal process. I wish you the best.

CSQ is the Quebec Selection Certificate. It is required when you reside in Quebec. I had to be approved to Sponsor my Husband in Quebec, and then he was issued a certificate allowing him to reside in Quebec. It is in addition to needing to be approved by CIC, But CIC cannot approve him without his certificate from Quebec.

God Bless everyone, and may patience be our friend.

waiting1

Oct 28, 2007
congrats to vesna and adnane, how romantic to get the call while you are together in morocco on valentine's day!!! i got your email too and hope you got my reply. if you have any questions, please let me know. i'm really happy for you guys.

and hoping75, that's great news that you've passed through another step and you can relax a little more.
thanks noonaameen, we are really anxious to get the call from the embassy because they have been in touch a few times wanting information verified from our application. i was divorced in another country and they wanted to be sure it would be valid in canada. i had submitted the necessary paperwork and i really can't understand that question coming up now AFTER they already gave my husband a verbal yes at his interview. needless to say it was very stressful but it's been resolved since last wednesday so we went back to just waiting, instead of worrying and not sleeping.

desperate, your wife was interviewed on the 4th and my husband's was on the 7th. have you heard anything yet? hope for good news for all of us soon....

val

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
Congratulations Hbnour

I'm so happy that your wait is finally over. You will be able to live and enjoy your lives together.
I know your wife waited a long time to get the Visa, but the day finally arrived.

Good luck to everyone that is still waiting

RoxanneAbdel

Feb 12, 2008
Hi everyone,

I wonder if any of you would be willing to share some information about wedding planning in Morocco. My fiance and I were thinking of going to Mexico to get married (he's from Marrakech) but decided it would be more important to have friends and family with us on our wedding day. I know from all of the information that has been posted on this site (thank you!) that there is a tremendous amount of running around to do before you can get married in Morocco so I am wondering how much time we need to give ourselves. We want to set the date and since I have friends and family from Canada who want to attend I need to give them a definite day. The date we want is July 12 so how much time before that date do I need in Morocco to get everything done? Also, did any of you have a big wedding celebration? Where did you hold it? A hotel? Riad? And to the women in this forum, did you wear a traditional Moroccan wedding dress? I would like to do that and am wondering where I can get one in Canada or if I should wait to buy it in Morocco. We are going to be married in Marrakech and his mother and sister are going to help me plan the wedding but they don't speak English and I don't speak Arabic so communication is a little difficult. My fiance acts as translator and I think he's getting a little tired of being a "go between" and talking about wedding stuff all the time! LOL, he's trying to be a good sport but he's already blown away but all the details! Any information or wedding planning stores you would be willing to share would be most appreciated.

Good luck to all of you! I am not looking forward to all of the dreadful waiting but Insha Allah, we will all be permanently with our loved ones soon!

Roxanne & Abdel

Pearlp

Feb 11, 2008
Hello RoxanneAbdel,

I did not have a big wedding but it is traditional for a women to have more then one wedding gown so in my opanion you should buy it or some people rent it in morocco, you see more gown you have, it shows more wealth, which is important for their culture. I find gowns our expensive here to buy I bought all mine in Morocco in a small town. small towns are cheaper then big cities.
Also you need to wear a lot of jewlery. You also have to have a woman to do your make up and hair.
The wedding usually last 2 to 3 days because the first day you do your Hanna and next day the celebration start. If i was you i try to get some woman in your fiances family who speak english i was lucky my sister in law know enough english to help me.

For the papers count about 2 weeks or 3 but if your fiance has people in high places you able to do it in 2 weeks. We did it in 2 weeks but we had conections.
To make it fast make sure you go there with all your papers trasnlated into arabic or french, (9 when i was there they did not excepted some papers in french.)
Your fiance should look for an Abdul who tell him step by step what to do. My husband had a list from our Abdul that told him step by step what was expected of him.

Good luck and a lot of patiences.

Pearl

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
Could anyone tell me what additional documents have been requested for the interviews in Rabat?

If other identification pictures were requested, would you know the specific sizes of the pictures that are needed.

Also for the legalized copy of the marriage certificate, are they talking about the legalization at the Bureau of Foreign Affairs, and do they need an updated legalization, or is the one that was done after the marriage sufficient?

Last thing, how long is the Fiche from the police valid for? Do they ask for a newer one for the interview if it less han one year old?

Thank you so much for any help.
We would just like to prepared in advance for any additional requests that we can possibly do.

God Bless everyone

Pearlp

Feb 11, 2008
Hello Hoping75,
For legalization You need both the Bureau of Foreign Affairs and also the ones after you are married. We did all of it because its proves that it is a legal marriage.
When my hubby went to the interview they wanted my prove of residency so i had to send in some bills cable, and phone that shows my address, also they ask for 3 moths of my bank account statements, and of course the phone bills to prove we are still in contect and letters and comunication proves.
They did not ask us for more pictures.

Hope its help you.

Pearl

hardwaiting/meenona

Nov 26, 2007
salam everybody
oh this day i m so happy ,one step for me done i realy want to share with you all good news in the forum , my news is that this morning i recieved call from embassy for intervew, so now my intervew date is 26/02/2OO8 next teusday , they ask me all the preuve that show contact with my husband and passport and identity carte and other persennel information, plz pray for me and good luck for all the rest who waiting too ,
i miss my husband so mutch and in cha alah i hope everythg go well for my intervew and for all the rest who have intervew too and also who waiting for the call and everybody ,
good luck ,
NoonaAmeen