+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

patopato

Star Member
Jun 27, 2011
dair2dv8103100 said:
Hi,

I was wondering when you originally started this process. I know you said that the interview was in April...but when did Rabat actually receive your application? I am just curious because it seems the applications receive in March are getting attention now which means about a 6 month wait.

I would just like to get an idea of realistically how long we are going to have to wait to hear from them regarding an interview.
I sent the docs here in Canada late September 2010. I am not dealing with Rabat since he is from Tunisia. We deal with Tunis and they send the final to Paris and that s where the decision is made. . The whole thing got delayed because the consulate in Tunis was closed for 2 month or so when the revolution started. They called him for interview one month before. i don t think everybody has to go to the interview. i depends if they have doubts (age difference is one ) but my husband's friend had the interview around the same date as his and his wife is 3 years younger than him and he still didn t get any answer.

Native

Star Member
Jan 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey all! Rejessome, HI...you were one of the people who helped me alot in my husband's process. It was such a long process and stressful! But now he is here with me in canada! He has a good Job and were living our lives. Were doing really good. To all the failed marriages I'm sorry to hear about your loss. My husband never changed one bit since he got here...he is as humble as he was when I first met him. We will be married 3 years in December. He has been in Canada since July 14th, 2010! And were already planning to go back to Morocco. His passport is expired! Can anyone shed some light on how long this procees will take pleaseeee..rejessome! help me! And some details would help thank you so much! I know he has to go to Montreal, and were in Newbrunswick! grrr money money money again! Sign NATIVE

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Native,

The instructions are here for him to get a new passport. http://www.consulatdumaroc.ca/english.htm

Call them and find out if he has to go in person or if the application can be mailed/couriered.

Native

Star Member
Jan 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well he is going to Montreal this week, we were just wondering how long it will take. It doesn't say on the site how long it will be. thanks though...Sign NATIVE

Native

Star Member
Jan 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was also wondering, will he have a hard time at the airport to come back home to Canada? This will be his first visit to Morocco since he came to Canada. Please advice..thanks, Sign NATIVE

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Native said:
I was also wondering, will he have a hard time at the airport to come back home to Canada? This will be his first visit to Morocco since he came to Canada. Please advice..thanks, Sign NATIVE
No, not as long as he has his PR card with him. He'll be fine.

vjamal

Star Member
May 17, 2010
montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone,

Im here to ask about the adr conference..can anyone tell me of you guys won or lost and how did it go ....My husband and I got refused on dec 1,2010 then i went to live with him for 6mths in Morocco i got a lawyer and now they selected our file for ADR so i wanted to know other peoples stories....
Thanks....

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
vjamal said:
Hello Everyone,

Im here to ask about the adr conference..can anyone tell me of you guys won or lost and how did it go ....My husband and I got refused on dec 1,2010 then i went to live with him for 6mths in Morocco i got a lawyer and now they selected our file for ADR so i wanted to know other peoples stories....
Thanks....
Why did you get refused?

vjamal

Star Member
May 17, 2010
montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We got refused due to non authentic so therefore they think that my husband wants the papers more then me.....

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
vjamal said:
Hello Everyone,

Thanks....
I am still in the middle of this process so forgive the question... what is ADR?

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
vjamal said:
We got refused due to non authentic so therefore they think that my husband wants the papers more then me.....
How can they say that? You mean they think your relationship is not genuine? What were their words in the letter of refusal? I want to say I am very very sorry. Must be very hard on both of you. My husband had interview last week and we don't know yet what will be Rabat's decision...

vjamal

Star Member
May 17, 2010
montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thats what they said non-authentic relationship (this is after his interview in Rabat for 2hrs30) and that he lives in a reduced income life so therefore they think he wants to come here for papers more then love....
let me tell you we were devastated so i went there for 6months to be with him and my in laws....and now we were selected for the ADR while waiting for the court of appeal ...They had selected our file for this informal court conference ...its gonna be me and the judge and officer from immigration and my lawyer.....i guess nobody has gone through that??

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dair2dv8103100 said:
I am still in the middle of this process so forgive the question... what is ADR?
Alternative Dispute Resolution - faster process (hopefully) than a full hearing at the IAD (Immigration Appeal Division). Meeting between Minister's Counsel and Appellant to see if matter can be resolved without a full hearing. If ADR fails, it will go to a full hearing.

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
vjamal said:
thats what they said non-authentic relationship (this is after his interview in Rabat for 2hrs30) and that he lives in a reduced income life so therefore they think he wants to come here for papers more then love....
let me tell you we were devastated so i went there for 6months to be with him and my in laws....and now we were selected for the ADR while waiting for the court of appeal ...They had selected our file for this informal court conference ...its gonna be me and the judge and officer from immigration and my lawyer.....i guess nobody has gone through that??
So what if he lives in a reduced income life? It happened to me for some years. It could happen to anybody. It is not because you have a low income you cannot love someone!!! It is so ridiculous sometimes.... judging people on superficial reasons. Here is a person who could help you... look at all the postings of Lois Lane. Here is one:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sponsoring-husband-from-morocco-t4646.0.html;msg29527#msg29527