Interview........
November 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 5, 2014
LANDED..........
March 16, 2014
Samareno said:
Hi Jamali I wanna ask something cuz I get stressed of what Rabat ask for
I hit and email from Rabat giving me the date of interview what is next week and asking for things really stressing me
Those things what Rabat asking me to bring
votre passeport original en cours de validité

- votre carte d'identité nationale originale

- Liste des voyages

- Fiche anthropométrique

- Activités 06-2000/10-2003, 08-2004/11-2005 et depuis 12-2013

- Adresses depuis 11-2013 à ce jour

- Copie premier divorce de la garante

- Autres preuves de contact

I don't Anderstand what the mean with copie premier divorce de la garante

And if I couldn't bring them some of what they ask is that can be problem
Hi Samareno,

So it looks like Rabat is asking you for:

- your valid passport
- national identity card
- list of your travels
- police certificate
- your activities from June 2000 to October 2003, and August 2004 to November 2005 and from December 2013 until now
- your addresses from November 2013 until now
- a copy of you or your spouse's first divorce
- and more proof of contact

copie premier divorce de la garante - was your spouse divorced before your marriage? It looks like they want a copy of the divorce certificate.

It is very important to give the Rabat office everything they are asking for because they need all this information they requested to make a decision on your application.

Have you and your spouse looked at the kinds of questions they will ask you for the interview? It is a good idea if you and your spouse practice the questions.

Are you being sponsored by your wife?

Good luck!!

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
My husband got an email for his interview! It's this week and he is concerned with age difference. We now have been married for 1 yr and almost 5 months, I have travelled to Morocco 5 times staying over one month each time and six months the longest. We have proof of contact, we have photos from Wedding and travel, with family. He knows all about me. Was wondering about interview questions, where to find them? Also does CIC only give visas on Wednesdays?
Thankyou

jamali

Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2013
AOR Received.
May 2013
File Transfer...
May 21, 2013
Med's Done....
January 2013 (first medical never rec'd) so re-do December 2013
Interview........
November 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 5, 2014
LANDED..........
March 16, 2014
MaryL said:
My husband got an email for his interview! It's this week and he is concerned with age difference. We now have been married for 1 yr and almost 5 months, I have travelled to Morocco 5 times staying over one month each time and six months the longest. We have proof of contact, we have photos from Wedding and travel, with family. He knows all about me. Was wondering about interview questions, where to find them? Also does CIC only give visas on Wednesdays?
Thankyou
Hi Mary ... that's great. I'm glad to hear things are going along for you. Here is a list of the kinds of questions they will ask at the interview ... of course, the questions will depend on the dynamics of your relationship:

1. When and where did you meet your spouse for the first time?
2. How did you meet your spouse?
3. How old is your spouse? What is your spouse's birth date?
4. What does your spouse do for a living?
5. Where did your spouse go to school'?
6. What degrees or formal training does your spouse have?
7. How did your spouse immigrate to Canada?
8. Where does your spouse work?
9. What is the name of the company? What position does your spouse hold? How long has your spouse worked there?
10. What does the job entail?
11. Does your spouse like his or her job?
12. What is the salary?
13. Where does your spouse live?
14. Whom does your spouse live with?
15. Where are you going to live when you go to Canada?
16. Please explain the type of relationship you have had since your first meeting.
17. What is your and spouse religion?
18. When you and your spouse were dating what would you do together?
19. Do you have any hobbies? Describe them.
20. Does your spouse have any hobbies? Describe them.
21. What type of music do you enjoy?
22. What type of music does your spouse enjoy?
23. What kind of movies do you enjoy?
24. What kind of movies does your spouse enjoy?
25. What kind of books do you read?
26. What kind of books does your spouse read?
27. Have you and your spouse ever exchanged gifts? Explain.
28. When and where did the marriage proposal take place?
29. Was your marriage arranged?
30. If it was arranged describe how it was arranged and by whom?
31. Did you have a ceremony celebrating your relationship?
32. Where was it held?
33. When was it held?
34. Describe the ceremony?
35. Did it conform to your own religious and cultural beliefs? Explain.
36. When did you get married?
37. Where did you get married?
38. Who was at the wedding?
39. What family members were there?
40. How many people were at the ceremony?
41. What day was the ceremony held on?
42. Who performed the ceremony?
43. Do you have pictures of the ceremony?
44. Who was at the ceremony from your side?
45. Who was at the ceremony from your spouse's side?
46. Were any friends present?
47. How many brothers and sisters does your spouse have?
48. Were your parents at the wedding? If not, why not?
49. Are your parents aware of the wedding? If not, why not?
50. Where your spouse's parents at the wedding? If not, why not?
51. Were your spouse's parents aware of the wedding? If not, why not?
52. Was a reception held? When and where was it held?
53. Who was present at the reception?
54. Did you receive any wedding gifts? Describe them.
55. Did you on a honeymoon? Where did you go and for how long?
56. Can you show me pictures and receipts from the honeymoon, wedding and
reception?
64. Do any other family members reside with you and your spouse? If yes, please indicate their names and relationship.
65. What relatives do you have in Canada?
66. What are their names and where do they live?
67. What relatives do you have outside of Canada?
68. Has your spouse met any of your relatives or friends? Who have they met and when did they meet them?
69. Have you met any of your spouse's relatives or friends? Whom have you met and when did you meet them?
70. In terms of education, would you say that you and your spouse's educational background are compatible?
72. Why did you marry your spouse?
74. Do your family members (parents, siblings) want to immigrate to Canada?
75. Did you marry your spouse so that you could sponsor your parents as landed immigrants of Canada?
76. How do you correspond with your spouse?
77. How often do you talk on the phone?
78. Do you have phone bills, e-mails, cards, etc., and can I see them?
79. Tell me why this marriage or relationship is genuine.
80. What makes your relationship with your spouse different from that of a female/male friend?
81. Does your spouse support you financially?
82. Do you support your spouse financially?
83. If I refuse this application what will you do?
84. When and where did you live together?
85. Development of your relationship after very first day?
86. Why didn't you get married to someone from India??, why to someone from Canada?
87. Personal life of sponsor, school, colleges, courses, work and all important dates such as, date of moving to Canada, date of leaving Canada and entering India.
88. If she is pregnant or not, if not, why not ?
89. Detailed information about her parents
90. Engagement, marriage and reception, who attended and who didnt, if not why?
91 About rituals in religious ceremony and number of guests?
92. Future plans?
93. What kind of job, you are looking for?
94. What side of bed, you sleep on?
95 Where did ur spouse propose u , what time was it ? And how ?
96. When n where did u first time got intimate with your spouse ?
97. What contraceptives did u use ?
98. Her birthdate, her education details, her parents, sister info..etc etc..
99. When and where did you get married?
100.What trips to went to?

Be sure you go over each question and your husband knows the answers without having to think about it during the interview. During my husband's interview, they really did ask him about the names of the schools I attended (college and university) ... luckily we thoroughly went over the questions and he knew the correct responses ... lol.

While the VOs do focus on the age difference, be sure to have good answers regarding why your husband chose a wife older than him, and also, be sure to have a good answer regarding whether or not children are a part of your future and if so, which religion you will raise them in. It is good that you have visited him so many times... did you marry in your first visit? If so, be sure to have a reasonable explanation for that too because the VOs tend to frown upon discussions of marriage before even meeting in real.

As for the visas, these past years Rabat has actually given out visas right after a successful interview, no matter the day of the week. But don't worry if they don't do that because after my husband's interview, he was verbally told that our application was accepted ... but we had a problem with the medicals .. it was before the e-medical and CIC never received the original medical ... so my husband had to re-do it which caused us a 3 month delay :mad: lol ... but if you have medicals received, then you don't need to worry about that.

My husband and I have an age difference too, but he was able to answer all the interview questions with ease ... so thankfully we were successful.

Good luck!

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
Thank you jamali! I noticed some of the questions are repetitive. Will VO ask same questions different ways?
No we did not marry first meeting, we marry 3 months later.

jamali

Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2013
AOR Received.
May 2013
File Transfer...
May 21, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
November 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 5, 2014
LANDED..........
March 16, 2014
You're welcome Mary.

My husband's interview lasted between 20-30 mins, so the VO didn't ask all the questions in the list. The VO basically just asked the questions about me, names of the schools I attended, my type of degrees, etc. I guess they just wanted to test my husband's knowledge of me. My husband wasn't even asked about my family or anything like that.

But yes, some VOs will ask a question in more than one way to see if the interviewee will respond the same... or do it in an attempt to confuse them

Again, good luck!!

Samareno

Jan 23, 2015
jamali said:
Hi Samareno,

So it looks like Rabat is asking you for:

- your valid passport
- national identity card
- list of your travels
- police certificate
- your activities from June 2000 to October 2003, and August 2004 to November 2005 and from December 2013 until now
- your addresses from November 2013 until now
- a copy of you or your spouse's first divorce
- and more proof of contact

copie premier divorce de la garante - was your spouse divorced before your marriage? It looks like they want a copy of the divorce certificate.

It is very important to give the Rabat office everything they are asking for because they need all this information they requested to make a decision on your application.

Have you and your spouse looked at the kinds of questions they will ask you for the interview? It is a good idea if you and your spouse practice the questions.

Are you being sponsored by your wife?

Good luck!!
Hi jamali thank you for answering
I have now all what Rabat ask for
And yes my wife who sponsoring me
And I know a lot of my wife cuz we are together since 2010
I just or we just need u guys to pray for all of us and hear good news
Thank you

Samareno

Jan 23, 2015
jamali said:
You're welcome Mary.

My husband's interview lasted between 20-30 mins, so the VO didn't ask all the questions in the list. The VO basically just asked the questions about me, names of the schools I attended, my type of degrees, etc. I guess they just wanted to test my husband's knowledge of me. My husband wasn't even asked about my family or anything like that.

But yes, some VOs will ask a question in more than one way to see if the interviewee will respond the same... or do it in an attempt to confuse them

Again, good luck!!

Thank you

jamali

Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2013
AOR Received.
May 2013
File Transfer...
May 21, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
November 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 5, 2014
LANDED..........
March 16, 2014
Samareno said:
Thank you
You're welcome Samareno. It is very good that you've known your wife since 2010. It is still a good idea for you and your wife go through the questions just for practice. I'm glad to hear you got everything ready to take with you to your interview.

Good luck! Prayers that you will receive your visa soon insha'Allah.

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
My husband had interview yesterday. The woman did not take any of our photos and messenger, Skype print outs.
They ask for photos and contact proof. We had more wedding, travel and family photos. Some positive comments but a lot of questioning and more negativity. Surprised to hear he has a drivers licence. How come I don't live and work here. She look at his passport and don't keep it. She says they will let him know in less than one month. And told him good luck.
I believe we had enough proof in our file. I also think my five trips here, totalling almost one year speaks volumes. Who makes this decision? More than one person, or the interviewer? She did not seem to be informed of everything good.

Samareno

Jan 23, 2015
jamali said:
You're welcome Samareno. It is very good that you've known your wife since 2010. It is still a good idea for you and your wife go through the questions just for practice. I'm glad to hear you got everything ready to take with you to your interview.

Good luck! Prayers that you will receive your visa soon insha'Allah.
Thank you for your response. I appreciate it. My interview was fine, the VO said the interview was good and I answered every question successfully, she accepted all my proof of contact what they requested. The only concern she had was about the difference in culture between my wife and I and that I may become lonely in such a big city. I disagreed lol. At the end of my interview she said they accepted all my papers and will check on me and I should be receiving an answer in about a week or longer.

jamali

Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2013
AOR Received.
May 2013
File Transfer...
May 21, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
November 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 5, 2014
LANDED..........
March 16, 2014
MaryL said:
My husband had interview yesterday. The woman did not take any of our photos and messenger, Skype print outs.
They ask for photos and contact proof. We had more wedding, travel and family photos. Some positive comments but a lot of questioning and more negativity. Surprised to hear he has a drivers licence. How come I don't live and work here. She look at his passport and don't keep it. She says they will let him know in less than one month. And told him good luck.
I believe we had enough proof in our file. I also think my five trips here, totalling almost one year speaks volumes. Who makes this decision? More than one person, or the winterviewer? She did not seem to be informed of everything good.
Did the VO give your husband back all the proof you submitted with your application? They don't keep the passport because once he is approved they give him a date to go to the Embassy. He submits his passport at that time and waits while they put the visa in the passport. It is during this time, they show them the video about Canada.

Your frequent visits to Morocco definitely speaks volumes, but on the other hand a short courtship is a big red flag. We ordered our GCMS notes my husband's interview. We can see that after the interview, the VO entered his notes that same day. Given the information provided by the notes, we can see that it is the same VO who made the ultimate decision to accept our application. So I believe it will be the interviewee who will make the decision regarding your application. I would suggest ordering your notes, which will take about 30 days.

I hope that you and your husband will receive good news sooner rather than later insha'Allah. Good luck!

jamali

Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2013
AOR Received.
May 2013
File Transfer...
May 21, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
November 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 5, 2014
LANDED..........
March 16, 2014
Samareno said:
Thank you for your response. I appreciate it. My interview was fine, the VO said the interview was good and I answered every question successfully, she accepted all my proof of contact what they requested. The only concern she had was about the difference in culture between my wife and I and that I may become lonely in such a big city. I disagreed lol. At the end of my interview she said they accepted all my papers and will check on me and I should be receiving an answer in about a week or longer.
You're welcome. I'm glad to hear your interview went well. Did they give you back all your proofs?

Did you tell her that with your wife you will not be lonely in a big city? ;D lol jk

Insha'Allah you will hear very soon. Good luck!

Samareno

Jan 23, 2015
jamali said:
You're welcome. I'm glad to hear your interview went well. Did they give you back all your proofs?

Did you tell her that with your wife you will not be lonely in a big city? ;D lol jk

Insha'Allah you will hear very soon. Good luck!
Thanks. The VO took all my papers that they requested and didn't give nothing back. I did tell her that I wouldn't get lonely with my wife. My wife and I been together since August 2010, we took the time for our relationship to develop and built a solid foundation and then married in September 2013. My wife came to Morocco 6 times and stayed always more than a month sometimes 4 months at the most. According to the VO I think the development and foundation plays a critical role as it shows our determination and diligence. We are hoping things will go smooth and pray to be together soon as this is very difficult being apart, almost 5 years of waiting and it will be our 2 year wedding anniversary in September. We miss each other terribly! I pray for each and everyone going through the same situation.

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
The visa officer looked over all photos, had commented as she skimmed over, like where's the food, and turn the page and see ppl at wedding eating. What she take from proof was my passport stamps.

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
From September 2014 to February 2015 we had submitted stamps, photos, itineraries, bus tickets phone bills and Skype and messenger and all documents required. They still have all that. What she didn't do was take new. Just my photocopy of passport stamps. She had even told my husband I don't work. I work as casual, and take term positions. I don't have to work full time, and casual let's me travel a month at a time so Idk what she's talking about.