+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Habibti said:
For sure I won't be the same person for my husband once he lands in Canada. I mean he has never seen me juggling with 3 jobs, the education of my son and taking care of my house and dog. I won't be this carefree relax woman he lived with when I went to visit him during my vacation time. Also it has always been my son and I (and the dog!) for the past 10 years! I don't know anymore how it is to share a life with another person other than my son!!! It might be stressful on me lol But I intend to give my best as my husband is wonderful!
I hope you won't have to juggle with 3 jobs anymore. Maybe sometimes he can help out your son with his homeworks or take a dog for a walk some nights when you're tired. That's what marriage is, right? We should help our partners when we can to make both of our lives a bit easier and stress-free instead of adding an extra load of stress to the relationship.

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
Quince777 said:
I hope you won't have to juggle with 3 jobs anymore. Maybe sometimes he can help out your son with his homeworks or take a dog for a walk some nights when you're tired. That's what marriage is, right? We should help our partners when we can to make both of our lives a bit easier and stress-free instead of adding an extra load of stress to the relationship.
Yes, you are right. My husband is eager to find a job in Canada so I can stay more at home. He would like me to be more at home, which suits me fine. I have missed home so much in the past 10 years! Since he enjoys so much cooking, I won't have to prepare the meals which is a big source of stress for me (and I am a bad cook lol). As for the dog, my husband would like to do his jogging every day as I live next to the forest. He told me he would like to bring the dog with him in case he has a bad encounter with a bear lol

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
Wow habibti, you sound so much like me... hahaha

I have technically lived alone for 20 years.. but the last (almost 11 now) raising my daughter alone. I work and have to take care of everything and my husband can't wait to be a part of it... to have a job so I am not so stressed all the time. To help my daughter with music and art. To cook and help in the house.

I don't know about other peoples experiences other than what I read here but my husband WANTS to be with his wife. He wants to be home with me or go out with me. To walk with me, hold hands and talk. He envies his friends there when they are out for some time and then his friends say I must go home to be with my wife. Or when they have kids and they are out with them. He wants to share the responsibilities of the home and career. My husband LOVES when his mother come back from his sisters and his other sister comes with her sons because he loves to have the responsibility of taking care of them. When they are gone and he is alone at home he is miserable.

It is ME I am more worried about in that sense only because I am used to being alone... if I want to sleep till noon on Sat .. I do. If I want to skip supper because my daughter is away.. I do. I actually enjoy weekends alone with no one around. So this will be a huge adjustment for me. I am willing to it though because this is a man that I know loves me till the end of time.

I just got home from visiting my friend and her husband who where just visiting morocco. They met up with my husband while there (jealous!!). He sent home gifts for my daughter and I. I thought I would cry when my daughter opened hers and it was a wooden flute (we call it a recorder here) that he bought for himself but he knew my daughter loved to play it so he sent it to her instead. And he sent me something that I wanted both times I went but did not get... a mahogany jewelery box. Actually a big one and a small one with a necklace in side. He also sent my daughter some jewelery too. I could kill him for not saving the money ... but ... I know he sends it with all the love in his heart. I really could not ask for a better man. Oh and he sent her chop sticks because she loves sushi..LOL

I do really feel for women who have been hurt by the men they loved. I too have been there. But I can honestly say that in the end it made me stronger and I walked away with some good experiences that helped me learn about my strengths .. and my weaknesses. It takes time to get there but eventually it will happen and you will find someone that truly appreciates you for who you are.

vjamal

Star Member
May 17, 2010
montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wow dair, that sounds amazing...very nice from your husband to send those gifts, and to think about you and your daughter...In any case those days that you wanna sleep in well you will be sleeping in with him and those days that you wanna skip supper well maybe it will easier if husband would cook and then you would eat with him.....
When i was in Morocco with my hubby and his family we would obviously all eat together especially lunch like at 1pm it was a big thing so now that im home and i eat alone ...thats when i miss them all, i have a problem now with eating alone so i wait for my friends to come over or i eat in front of my hubby on the cam....its hard to be alone and its hard when are alone to include another person in your bubble but its worth it espcially if you that persons cares and loves you so much, would sacrifce his life to come live with you....

Again im asking the forum any experiences on ADR cause mine is scheduled for december 12th so id like to kn ow peoples experiences..
Good luck to all.....

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
vjamal said:
wow dair, that sounds amazing...very nice from your husband to send those gifts, and to think about you and your daughter...In any case those days that you wanna sleep in well you will be sleeping in with him and those days that you wanna skip supper well maybe it will easier if husband would cook and then you would eat with him.....
When i was in Morocco with my hubby and his family we would obviously all eat together especially lunch like at 1pm it was a big thing so now that im home and i eat alone ...thats when i miss them all, i have a problem now with eating alone so i wait for my friends to come over or i eat in front of my hubby on the cam....its hard to be alone and its hard when are alone to include another person in your bubble but its worth it espcially if you that persons cares and loves you so much, would sacrifce his life to come live with you....
Yes, I know you are right... and I know I will adjust. I know he is making a huge sacrifice to come here and leave everything.

I miss those meals too. Everyone around the table talking and eating and laughing. When I was there last it was strange to hear my name called to come eat.... and they would not start till I got there so it was always with some urgency that they called...hahaha.

There are challenges with every stage and step in life. So have to just take it as it comes ;D

Hope everything goes well for you and you are reunited soon !

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
dair2dv8103100 said:
I have technically lived alone for 20 years.. but the last (almost 11 now) raising my daughter alone. I work and have to take care of everything and my husband can't wait to be a part of it... to have a job so I am not so stressed all the time. To help my daughter with music and art. To cook and help in the house.

I don't know about other peoples experiences other than what I read here but my husband WANTS to be with his wife. He wants to be home with me or go out with me. To walk with me, hold hands and talk. He envies his friends there when they are out for some time and then his friends say I must go home to be with my wife. Or when they have kids and they are out with them. He wants to share the responsibilities of the home and career. My husband LOVES when his mother come back from his sisters and his other sister comes with her sons because he loves to have the responsibility of taking care of them. When they are gone and he is alone at home he is miserable.

It is ME I am more worried about in that sense only because I am used to being alone... if I want to sleep till noon on Sat .. I do. If I want to skip supper because my daughter is away.. I do. I actually enjoy weekends alone with no one around. So this will be a huge adjustment for me. I am willing to it though because this is a man that I know loves me till the end of time.
Oh! I hear you! I do understand you! My husband WANTS his wife too! He is planning for me to stay more at home. He wants me to be home early for dinner. I usually get home around 8:00 pm. He have all these ideas of activities, sports, outings and road trips to do with me. He can't wait! He CRAVES to have a normal healthy life with a wife!!!

And I really understand what you say about used to being alone! Over the last 10 years, I developed my own little habits. My solitude became my fort of well-being, a friend. I love being alone!! I eat when I want, I sleep when I want, I don't have to compromise, I spend my money like I want, I dress like I want, I don't have to be accountable to anyone! I am a bit worried about giving up my habits or change my routine or making adjustments to please my husband. But I also know it is for the best. I have grown a lot over the past 10 years, now I am ready for another sort of growth :)

oceanview

Sep 22, 2009
Hi everyone
I just wanted to say a few things as i was reading and I was surprise what I was reading. You don't need sponsorship to get into Canada cause their is other ways to get here from work visa When someone comes to Canada from sponsorship marriage from another part of the world there are so many changes for them from weather,food,people,different culture, different attitudes and different beliefs,and the cost of living. 1 things is that when you come from another country you should not compare it to Canada you wanted to come to Canada to be with your spouse or what ever the case maybe and to learn are ways as we would if the table was turn and we would have to learn your ways of living in your country.There are good people and bad people in every nationality and as one said what goes sround comes around so don't play games with someones life.
Marriage is two people that share everything from good to bad sickness and in health. No ones ever knows how a marriage will turn out. Every marriage is different and has its ups and down (why) cause you are still learning each others ways and by that it takes time and patients, and understanding. If you love one another you will work at your marriage when things go wrong. You have to work together as someone said as a team. Not one person doing it all. I will say that I enjoy taking my husband out and doing things with him and showing him how we do things here as he did when I went to see him. Sometimes when it is to peoples from different worlds or the same it always doesn't work out and that fine but one thing is you should never forget the love you both had shared and the good things that you did share not to go off and put the other one down cause it takes two to make a marriage not one. I feel deep in my heart that if the marriage isn't working out in stead of making life hard and putting other down tell your partner that sorry but I do love you but it isn't going to work and its better to go are different ways as I want to see you happy and get what you are looking for in life. So for everyone good luck.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
locolynn said:
Hey does anyone (rjessome?) know if my husband could submit his passport via courier? Here's what I am thinking...

My husband is in morocco now waiting for some post interview communication from Rabat. We have no idea when this call/email/letter will come, and I really want him to come back home to Taiwan. So, I am thinking he does his medical now, comes back here and we courier everything as it is requested....

Is this possible or do they only issue passports in person??

Lynn
Hi Lynn,

Well here is the problem. It is illegal to send passports outside of Morocco by mail or courier. I've had a few clients working in Canada in that situation and they had to get their passports into Morocco by giving them to someone who was travelling there, authorize someone to take them to the embassy and be released to after visa stamping. In the two cases I've dealt with like that, the client's wives were still in Morocco so it wasn't too much of an issue. But the passports had to be carried into Morocco by a friend and taken back out.

This is Moroccan law, not CIC. But CIC can't break Moroccan law.

Did they give your husband ANY idea of when he would hear something? PM me if you want.

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
Today it has been exactly 3 weeks since the interview... no news (must be good news!)...

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
06-12-07/09-24-08/09-27-11
rjessome said:
Hi Lynn,

Well here is the problem. It is illegal to send passports outside of Morocco by mail or courier. I've had a few clients working in Canada in that situation and they had to get their passports into Morocco by giving them to someone who was travelling there, authorize someone to take them to the embassy and be released to after visa stamping. In the two cases I've dealt with like that, the client's wives were still in Morocco so it wasn't too much of an issue. But the passports had to be carried into Morocco by a friend and taken back out.

Did they give your husband ANY idea of when he would hear something? PM me if you want.
Well so much for that plan! Gah.

We understand that the interview will submit his report by the end of this current week. So then it has to go from his bosses desk in Ottawa to Rabat...so who knows how long that will take.

Our plan is to contact them next tuesday and see what's up.

Lynn

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
rjessome said:
Hi Lynn,

And thank you for your insight! You have been helpful to me and so many others countless times. A big thank you to you!!

Lynn

ArlJam

Star Member
Oct 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2013
Med's Done....
January 2013/ Re-done on December 2013
Interview........
November 2013
Passport Req..
February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 2014
LANDED..........
March 2014
Salam alaykoum everybody :)

wish everyone a successful week :)

first of all, i should thank everyone for all the help that you give on here on this beautiful and helpful forum, and really to find answers for your questions while your a front of computer and without going out it's really a great job from great people. for all the helpful people on here : YOU'RE THE BEST, and continue on your way :)

all the meanings of thanks and appreciation i wud give it to a perfect and nice person on here it's "rjessome" your very helpful and since so long on this forum, and i could see that most if i don't say all of the old members on here are absent BUT you , you keep giving hand help for everyone. thank you so much :)

by the way, my beautiful wife told me abt that documentary on ww.cbc.ca, and when i wanted to watch it, it says that it's forbidden to watch it if u live outside Canada, but by my own way i watched it even if i'm here in Morocco. it was really a good documentary but they focus only on the bad stories and unsuccessful stories but at least they ended it by a beautiful relation that we wish them all the best and beautiful life :) (i know one of that couple is here with us on this forum but lets don't repeat and say who's again lol )

i have some questions wish could get the helpful answers :

1- i want to ask about how long it takes to get your medical check from doctor to send it to your wife ?
i mean, after when i do go to doctor, how long i would wait for them to give me the paper of medical check to send it to my wife to send it with documents to mississuga.

2- anyone from you guys tell me how long it takes when you do send documents from morocco to canada to your wife through post mail ? and what is the better service for this case ? what's the name of the poste that hav a good service and guarantee your documents to do not be lost? cos some services do take long for your things to arrive or they lose your things.

i wish for all who's waiting to be a short waiting and a successful process with this immigration stuff, and wish all the better for the couples who already together now :)

the waiting is so hard and i already miss my wife A LOT :(

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
ArlJam said:
all the meanings of thanks and appreciation i wud give it to a perfect and nice person on here it's "rjessome" your very helpful and since so long on this forum, and i could see that most if i don't say all of the old members on here are absent BUT you , you keep giving hand help for everyone. thank you so much :)

by the way, my beautiful wife told me abt that documentary on ww.cbc.ca, and when i wanted to watch it, it says that it's forbidden to watch it if u live outside Canada, but by my own way i watched it even if i'm here in Morocco. it was really a good documentary but they focus only on the bad stories and unsuccessful stories but at least they ended it by a beautiful relation that we wish them all the best and beautiful life :) (i know one of that couple is here with us on this forum but lets don't repeat and say who's again lol )
My heart goes out to you... I know you miss your wife terribly like my husband misses me terribly! I hope all will be well and quick with your application!

I agree with you... rjessome is wonderful! She is helpful and constant on this forum!

Tell me... how did you succeed to watch the documentary? My husband in Morocco would like to watch it. How did you do that? Thanks!

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
Habibti said:
My heart goes out to you... I know you miss your wife terribly like my husband misses me terribly! I hope all will be well and quick with your application!

I agree with you... rjessome is wonderful! She is helpful and constant on this forum!

Tell me... how did you succeed to watch the documentary? My husband in Morocco would like to watch it. How did you do that? Thanks!
He just needs to download a free ip blocker. There are ton out there just google it!!

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ArlJam said:
1- i want to ask about how long it takes to get your medical check from doctor to send it to your wife ?
i mean, after when i do go to doctor, how long i would wait for them to give me the paper of medical check to send it to my wife to send it with documents to mississuga.

2- anyone from you guys tell me how long it takes when you do send documents from morocco to canada to your wife through post mail ? and what is the better service for this case ? what's the name of the poste that hav a good service and guarantee your documents to do not be lost? cos some services do take long for your things to arrive or they lose your things.
1. The doctor should simply fill it out while you are there and give it to you before you leave the office.
2. We used Fed Ex... expensive yes but guaranteed and it arrived to me within a week.

Best wishes =)