+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

sadlady

Oct 21, 2010
I am new to this forum .... I find it very interesting .. apart that my husband has done his interview the previous month and it's being 6 weeks and some days the doctor sent my husband's medical to Paris and for the moment is there no reply from the embassy and I sent an e-mail to the embassy and they told me that the medical is not come yet but the doctor said it will take 4 to 6 weeks..actually it's more than that ... and time to the interview the officer told my husband that his intereview was ok and they will wait for the medical to come from paris and there will be no security check ... so if you know how long the medical could take? and how to know if the medical is still in paris or in Embassy ?and how it normally takes for the medical to come to the Embassy in rabat :mad:

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sadlady said:
I am new to this forum .... I find it very interesting .. apart that my husband has done his interview the previous month and it's being 6 weeks and some days the doctor sent my husband's medical to Paris and for the moment is there no reply from the embassy and I sent an e-mail to the embassy and they told me that the medical is not come yet but the doctor said it will take 4 to 6 weeks..actually it's more than that ... and time to the interview the officer told my husband that his intereview was ok and they will wait for the medical to come from paris and there will be no security check ... so if you know how long the medical could take? and how to know if the medical is still in paris or in Embassy ?and how it normally takes for the medical to come to the Embassy in rabat :mad:
4 to 6 weeks from the date the doctor sent it to Rabat. Be patient. Your husband should be getting the call from the Embassy any day now if they are only waiting for the medical.

sierra_rose

Jun 15, 2010
hi sad lady,
Rabat doesn't always update information.my hubby did his medical september 3,Rabat received it back from Paris september 17th after only 2 weeks,but they never said anything until they called him for interview last week.he asked and the IO told him yes we received such and such time,they still haven't updated ecas.it still says the time they started processing the application.so hang in there,hopefully not too much longer to wait.

sadlady

Oct 21, 2010
thank u sierra rose ...it's so helpful to know that ur husband is in same situation as my husband is...how was ur husband's interview?was it approved?

sierra_rose

Jun 15, 2010
hi again,
it was hard,he was questioned for over 75 minutes,but he feels good about it.he thinks it will be fine.we'll see though.good luck with your application.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sierra_rose said:
hi sad lady,
Rabat doesn't always update information.my hubby did his medical september 3,Rabat received it back from Paris september 17th after only 2 weeks,but they never said anything until they called him for interview last week.he asked and the IO told him yes we received such and such time,they still haven't updated ecas.it still says the time they started processing the application.so hang in there,hopefully not too much longer to wait.
sierra_rose, that has more to do with the procedures at this visa post. Rabat NEVER updates beyond "in process" until the visa is actually issued! You will see the same type of thing for other visa posts as well. Each one seems to have their own set of "office" procedures.

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
Let me give a little background before my question.

I do volunteer work. They needed an updated police check this year. When they handed me the paper in Sept I just went ahead and filled everything out...including signing and dating for Sept 8...

That being said I just took it in yesterday and picked it up today. It is stamped and written on in 3 different places that it was received Oct 25th and the record was done on Oct 25th. In your opinion(s) is me signing it on a different date going to be a problem when I get to Morocco?

Should I go ahead and get the name check with the RCMP so that everything is dated the same day or would this be redundant? The local police check includes a CPIC, RCMP sexual offenses check, and several other checks...is this not thorough enough?

I would appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance :)

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Bump ;D hoping someone can give me some advice on this. Thanks.

dair2dv8103100 said:
Let me give a little background before my question.

I do volunteer work. They needed an updated police check this year. When they handed me the paper in Sept I just went ahead and filled everything out...including signing and dating for Sept 8...

That being said I just took it in yesterday and picked it up today. It is stamped and written on in 3 different places that it was received Oct 25th and the record was done on Oct 25th. In your opinion(s) is me signing it on a different date going to be a problem when I get to Morocco?

Should I go ahead and get the name check with the RCMP so that everything is dated the same day or would this be redundant? The local police check includes a CPIC, RCMP sexual offenses check, and several other checks...is this not thorough enough?

I would appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance :)

memyselfandi

Jul 28, 2010
hello everyone
just got back from casablanca, had a wonderful time, spent 6 weeks wish i didn't have to leave my fiance

going back mid february to get married just cant wait :p
goodluck to us all :)

MsLynie

Sep 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
Doc's Request.
15-12-2010
I have just submitted the application forms on November 1st, to sponsor my husband. And I just found out that the Case Processing Centre is processing applications submitted on October 1st, and it will take 40 days for the papers to be processed. And! It takes 11 months for Rabat to process the papers... Oh my gosh!!! Please don't tell me that it will take over a year before he gets here... I'm also worried that the Police Papers and Medical Papers that my husband got will expire in that time... I submitted both of them at the same time I submitted the applications... So would he have to get another one if it expires? .... Any sort of information would be great.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MsLynie said:
I have just submitted the application forms on November 1st, to sponsor my husband. And I just found out that the Case Processing Centre is processing applications submitted on October 1st, and it will take 40 days for the papers to be processed. And! It takes 11 months for Rabat to process the papers... Oh my gosh!!! Please don't tell me that it will take over a year before he gets here... I'm also worried that the Police Papers and Medical Papers that my husband got will expire in that time... I submitted both of them at the same time I submitted the applications... So would he have to get another one if it expires? .... Any sort of information would be great.
Welcome to the forum. Each file is assessed individually so yes, while processing time is currently up to 11 months, from the date they receive the application in Rabat, it "could" happen quicker. It is likely that he will have to do another police clearance. The medical is valid for 1 year from the date it was completed. If it expires before a decision has been made, he will have to do another medical.

We all know how difficult this process is. Patience is definitely a virtue. Stay positive.

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Grrrrrrr :mad: ..... I am frustrated... can you tell?? lol

I am trying to help my fiance understand that it would be very beneficial to our application if he asks his sisters who I stayed with and will be staying with for letters to support the genuiness of our relationship.

He is soo intensely private and does not want to "bother" his family with this. He wants to just state it in his letter explaining progression of relationship that this is who I met and when and so on.

Gosh I just don't know what to say that would help him "get it"

Sorry just venting a little. Anyone else have a similar situation with a stubborn Moroccan man... lol

MOURAD.RAHI

Nov 4, 2010
Hi, Im Mourad From Agadir and i just married 6 months ago with my beautifull baby in agadir and we did everythings as it wanted to be, thank you God.

Sooo!!! Now is the big job and we must be more powerfull than superman, because superman doesnt wait to help his girl, but i shill wait the same as my wife who is in edmonton canada right now. yes its all about patient my dears friends.

So I just added this article I read this forum for a months its really 100% helpull than the consulat web site and it have a great peoples on it thank you guys and good luck in everythings.

now I have to stop talking to much and notice that i still need help either, My wife send the application in (28 november 2010), the papers that she filled from the internet about information concerning us+the papers i filled like her + certificate of marriage + the copy of payment that we made by internet (they send you the prouve of paymenet by email so dont worry (pls pay befor you sent its going to delete 2 months of waiting that for sure i read it in a consulat web site lately)) I think thats all i dont remember because my wife sent that LOL, and now wait wait that they call us to tell us that our paper are recieved in in canada consulat in missisuga and if the application are fine.

::)also i read that it took 32 days or 41 well, may i just know pls how they will contacte me by post or email or phone?? or who they will contacte?? me?? my wife?? or both??? :'(

My wife feel so frustrated lately she really need to hear just enythings to calm her, so pls I need your help and keep touch with me from now, because i will do my best with you to guys,

LOVE, MOURAD RAHI