+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Special" situation for Express Entry

pinedagus

Oct 8, 2016
Hi,

I have been told I have a very unique situation and was hoping I would get help on this. The story goes like this:

My post-graduate work permit had expired July 10th, 2016 and therefore was obligated to leave Canada. I had shown interest in moving to PEI through PNP I had emailed PEI immigration showing my interest to move there but did not hear anything until months after (we will get there) Because I was waiting a long time to hear back from PEI Immigration I decided to continue my education and decided to come back to School in September (in Ontario). However, I could not do it because I did not apply for my study permit until August and did not get my study permit until 2 weeks after School had already started in September.

Now I am in my home country, with a Canadian study permit and waiting for my "call" for express Entry. Comes beginning of November (or maybe end of October) and PEI Immigration replies stating I could apply for PNP. I then apply and by the end of November I get approved for PNP. On the next Express Entry "call" I get invited to apply and apply on Dec 28th, 2016.

Since I paid for my college tuition I was obligated to come back to School for May and decide to come back to School (so I enter Canada while still waiting for response from CIC). I have been told that entering to Canada in May 2017 apparently was not a good idea since the officer at CIC may feel confused about where I want to actually live (showing interest to move in and settle to PEI but going to school in Ontario.)

I was advised to move and settle in PEI now but my concern is that I move and "settle" there without having the option of working (because all I have is a study permit and I can only work 20 hrs per week).

What should I do? I'm freaking out.

Hopefully I am not the only person in the world

arrayofhope

Jan 14, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
AOR Received.
18/05/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-15-2017
Hi,

I have been told I have a very unique situation and was hoping I would get help on this. The story goes like this:

My post-graduate work permit had expired July 10th, 2016 and therefore was obligated to leave Canada. I had shown interest in moving to PEI through PNP I had emailed PEI immigration showing my interest to move there but did not hear anything until months after (we will get there) Because I was waiting a long time to hear back from PEI Immigration I decided to continue my education and decided to come back to School in September (in Ontario). However, I could not do it because I did not apply for my study permit until August and did not get my study permit until 2 weeks after School had already started in September.

Now I am in my home country, with a Canadian study permit and waiting for my "call" for express Entry. Comes beginning of November (or maybe end of October) and PEI Immigration replies stating I could apply for PNP. I then apply and by the end of November I get approved for PNP. On the next Express Entry "call" I get invited to apply and apply on Dec 28th, 2016.

Since I paid for my college tuition I was obligated to come back to School for May and decide to come back to School (so I enter Canada while still waiting for response from CIC). I have been told that entering to Canada in May 2017 apparently was not a good idea since the officer at CIC may feel confused about where I want to actually live (showing interest to move in and settle to PEI but going to school in Ontario.)

I was advised to move and settle in PEI now but my concern is that I move and "settle" there without having the option of working (because all I have is a study permit and I can only work 20 hrs per week).

What should I do? I'm freaking out.

Hopefully I am not the only person in the world
As long as your intentions are to settle down in PEI after you finish your school in Ontario, you are good. You currently don't have PR(i'm assuming so) and hence you cannot be expected to move to PEI and just do nothing. Once you receive approval for PR, you will be expected to settle down in PEI but you will have the option to complete your studies and then move there.