+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP PROCESSING TIME 2021

fatima56

Mar 16, 2021
His biometrics is already done in 2019

In 2019 he was sponsored by his maternal family on a family function but his application got refused

We submitted his application for sowp on February 20 still no updates nothing at all no medical request
Same here I applied in December and no updates yet. I think you can raise a Web form .

Arminder Kaur

Mar 17, 2021
No I don’t think so we need to raise a webform at the moment

His application was submitted on Feb 20, 2021, just a one month n the processing time they are showing on their portal is 6 weeks

Divya_88

Nov 19, 2020
I currently submitted my SOWP application and while I was waiting for it I would like to understand when is the right time to apply for eTA(Electronic Travel Authorization) to travel Canada?

Jhaq

Mar 25, 2021
Hello
I applied sowp on January 27, Got biometric appointment on feb 2. After that nothing from them, still waiting for updates. When i can expect any updates..? Can anyone assist me

Sam123Smr

Star Member
Jan 28, 2021
@Mahir009 - I didnt receive any such letter. Moreover i read somewhere that if in US then you dont need any travel exemption letter. I am totally confused so not planning to travel atleast till April end by when we may have some clarity.
@Mahir009 , @yenice - Can you please let me know what documents you attached for travel exemption letter. Did you also attach the document as mentioned in CIC Website?

yenice

Sep 14, 2020
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-10-2022
Nomination.....
17-10-2022
AOR Received.
30-10-2022
@Mahir009 , @yenice - Can you please let me know what documents you attached for travel exemption letter. Did you also attach the document as mentioned in CIC Website?
I attached OWP Letter of Introduction/Approval letter, passport copy of SP & OWP, Marriage Certificate, TRV stamp on passport - SP and OWP, SP letter of Approval & School Enrolment verification letter

Reactions: sarab1402

Bijith

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
My application- 10 sep 2020
Biometric- 28 Jan 2021
Medical- done 27march 2021( not requested but I did as upfront and upload my file )
Still no updates-
Ple reply if you have any leads
Thanks

Reactions: fatima56

Sam123Smr

Star Member
Jan 28, 2021
I attached OWP Letter of Introduction/Approval letter, passport copy of SP & OWP, Marriage Certificate, TRV stamp on passport - SP and OWP, SP letter of Approval & School Enrolment verification letter
Thanks @yenice - Did you also attach statutory declaration. If you see below it is mentioned in - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html#authorization. I am not sure if this was required earlier or is introduced recently.

your supporting documents to show you’re eligible to travel to Canada at this time

• For example, if you’re coming to unite with an extended family member, include proof that your family member is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent resident and also include the completed application for authorization and statutory declaration. Make sure your family member follows the steps for completing the statutory declaration.
Make sure you email us all required information, including the completed and signed statutory declaration, in one email. If you send us multiple emails with different information, your request will be delayed and may be refused.

Mani$h

Mar 16, 2021
The processing time has increased to 8 weeks now for SOWP from India.
Not a good news to hear.
Processing time is just increasing weekly.
Any leads with latest PPR request will be helpful.
Thanks

Kadhimjaffer

Feb 21, 2021
If spouse is in Canada, do we need to email them to expedite the process if spouse is in Canada? Based on this forum someone had done? Please advice

yenice

Sep 14, 2020
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-10-2022
Nomination.....
17-10-2022
AOR Received.
30-10-2022
Thanks @yenice - Did you also attach statutory declaration. If you see below it is mentioned in - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html#authorization. I am not sure if this was required earlier or is introduced recently.

your supporting documents to show you’re eligible to travel to Canada at this time
  • For example, if you’re coming to unite with an extended family member, include proof that your family member is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent resident and also include the completed application for authorization and statutory declaration. Make sure your family member follows the steps for completing the statutory declaration.
Make sure you email us all required information, including the completed and signed statutory declaration, in one email. If you send us multiple emails with different information, your request will be delayed and may be refused.
No I did not attach

Stefay

Jan 8, 2021
Hello
I am an "Employer-specific work permit" holder in Quebec since January 2021.
My spouse submitted an OWP request at the beginning of March 2021 with a medical examination carried out on February 20, 2021.

Yesterday afternoon, she received an instruction to carry out the medical examination within 30 days.

What can that mean?

They do not recognize the medical examination which has already been carried out?

Thank you

Deejay_3509

Nov 26, 2020
Hi All,

I have been following this group since I lodged my husband's SOWP on March 04,2021 and I am posting this so you remain hopeful :).
Applied from India
Spouse is a student in Montreal,Quebec
Application Submitted : March 04, 2021
Mail sent for family reunification request : March 29,2021
No updates until yesterday
Medical Passed : April 08, 2021
PPR : April 08, 2021

And we got an authorization letter in the GCkey account too.

RanjeetSingh16

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
Hi All,

I have been following this group since I lodged my husband's SOWP on March 04,2021 and I am posting this so you remain hopeful :).
Applied from India
Spouse is a student in Montreal,Quebec
Application Submitted : March 04, 2021
Mail sent for family reunification request : March 29,2021
No updates until yesterday
Medical Passed : April 08, 2021
PPR : April 08, 2021

And we got an authorization letter in the GCkey account too.
Hi @Deejay_3509
Congratulations first of all .
Can you please let me know what is this mail sent for family reunification

i will appreciate your help
I applied for my wife on 7th Jan 2021 . Still even medical not updated
Thanks