+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP - January 2021 applicants

TubaZ

Feb 23, 2021
what proof you gave for upfront medical?

When i contacted the hospital for upfront SOWP, they told that they need either the offer letter or IME number. IME number can be recieved only after applying right?
Nothing is needed tell them primary applicant is spouse who is a student etc and I applied for open work permit.

Reactions: Annamusam

harshad13

May 9, 2016
Hello guys,
Hope everyone is safe and healthy..

My wife sowp application was made in April 2020,
We received travel authorization on 21 April 2021, but have not received medical request, neither have we received passport request..

Just want to know if any of you guys were in similar situation...

ronitsharma

Star Member
Sep 4, 2017
Hi everyone,

I am a skilled worker (NOC Code B) and I am planning to apply for my wife's Open work permit, who is India right now. She is currently working as a manager in a company for almost 6 years now.

I have my offer letter, employer verification letter, 3 pay stubs and $15000+ in my account.

My questions is:

Does my wife need to show any proof of funds? I will be attaching her offer letter, promotion letters and last 6 months pay slips. Does she need some minimum balance in her Indian account for this application?

For now she has around $2000 in her account + I have $15000 + in mine. Would that be fine? I have heard that you don't need proof of funds if you apply for SOWP with a Skilled worker.

Please clarify
Thanks,

Annamusam

Nov 17, 2020
Hi I have a doubt on SOWP.. My husband is a software engineer.That is , Noc A.. In the questionnaire for SOWP, a question is there.

Do you plan to work in any of the following categories?

Athletes
Coaches
Highly Skilled Workers and Researchers(Global Skill Strategy)

My question is Can I give yes for this question as he is a highly skilled worker of Noc A. But, when I clicked the global skill strategy it is mentioned that It is short term work permit of 15 days. I am quite confused..some one please help

Annamusam

Nov 17, 2020
Hi,

My husband who is about to apply for SOWP had a passport with his ex-spouse name and he changed the passport when he divorced. When we married, he again changed the passport. In all these passports, he never travelled or donot have any stamps. So when he upload new passport, does he should upload the old passports as well? some one please reply

yenice

Sep 14, 2020
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-10-2022
Nomination.....
17-10-2022
AOR Received.
30-10-2022
Hi everyone,

I am a skilled worker (NOC Code B) and I am planning to apply for my wife's Open work permit, who is India right now. She is currently working as a manager in a company for almost 6 years now.

I have my offer letter, employer verification letter, 3 pay stubs and $15000+ in my account.

My questions is:

Does my wife need to show any proof of funds? I will be attaching her offer letter, promotion letters and last 6 months pay slips. Does she need some minimum balance in her Indian account for this application?

For now she has around $2000 in her account + I have $15000 + in mine. Would that be fine? I have heard that you don't need proof of funds if you apply for SOWP with a Skilled worker.

Please clarify
Thanks,
She can present her account + yours as her POF

yenice

Sep 14, 2020
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-10-2022
Nomination.....
17-10-2022
AOR Received.
30-10-2022
Hi,

My husband who is about to apply for SOWP had a passport with his ex-spouse name and he changed the passport when he divorced. When we married, he again changed the passport. In all these passports, he never travelled or donot have any stamps. So when he upload new passport, does he should upload the old passports as well? some one please reply
If there were no travel stamps on the old passport, no need. I only submitted those pages with stamps.

Reactions: Annamusam

bleachedaxe

Oct 6, 2010
Hey all,

Is there any requirement for the spouse to have a certain level of education? I have an NOC B job currently and earning well enough to afford a family but my wife doesn’t have a high level of education. Could this have any negative affect on the
application?

Thanks!

Annamusam

Nov 17, 2020
Hi, I have submitted the SOWP application two days back and I recieved BIL yesterday..Today I got a mail that "we have updated your application status". But, there is no change in the application when i checked the account. What does that mean?

sourabhtheone

Apr 4, 2019
Has anyone who applied in 2021 and got their regular (non-GSS, non PGWP) work-permit (e.g., LMIA/SOWP, etc.) approved from India? Please share your timelines.