+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP - January 2021 applicants

Sandip7515

Dec 1, 2019
Submitted: 9 Nov 2020
Fingerprint done
Medical passed on 12 march 2021
After that nothing they are just reviewing the file no update .

miucchi

Aug 11, 2021
Hi. I just want to ask about my application. My husband and I applied from Japan. He is a Japanese, I'm a non-Japanese. He applied for an employer specific work permit, while an open work permit for me. We applied on July 14. His application got approved on August 5. Mine is still processing. May I ask for an idea how long it will take for mine to have a decision? Here's what I see in the IRCC account.

Application status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
  • Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
  • Review of medical results: July 23, 2021 You passed the medical exam.
  • Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
  • Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • Biometrics: July 20, 2021 Completed.
  • Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
  • Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
Hi. I just want to ask about my application. My husband and I applied from Japan. He is a Japanese, I'm a non-Japanese. He applied for an employer specific work permit, while an open work permit for me. We applied on July 14. His application got approved on August 5. Mine is still processing. May I ask for an idea how long it will take for mine to have a decision? Here's what I see in the IRCC account.

Application status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
  • Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
  • Review of medical results: July 23, 2021 You passed the medical exam.
  • Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
  • Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • Biometrics: July 20, 2021 Completed.
  • Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
  • Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
You should exepct the decision at anytime. Based on some previous references shared by forum members, it is normal to get a delay in between receiving the results for family members. Some received their decisions 1 week apart.

miucchi

Aug 11, 2021
You should exepct the decision at anytime. Based on some previous references shared by forum members, it is normal to get a delay in between receiving the results for family members. Some received their decisions 1 week apart.
Thank you very much for the kind reply. Hopefully I get mine soon. My husband and I are both anxious if we can go together. His work starts on October so we already booked tickets for September 22.

When I get the passport request, usually how long does it take to get it back?

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
Thank you very much for the kind reply. Hopefully I get mine soon. My husband and I are both anxious if we can go together. His work starts on October so we already booked tickets for September 22.

When I get the passport request, usually how long does it take to get it back?
Depending on locations of Visa office. It can take up to 2 weeks if visa office is in different country than the country you applied

Achechap

Star Member
Mar 1, 2021
Hello All,

Is there anyone who applied for SOWP in 2021 and got the permit successfully. If yes, please share timeline. What are the current processing time?
I applied for my wife SOWP in April 2021 with upfront medical, Biometric was completed on July 22nd and there is no update after that. I am currently on student Visa.

Annamusam

Nov 17, 2020
Ar
Hello All,

Is there anyone who applied for SOWP in 2021 and got the permit successfully. If yes, please share timeline. What are the current processing time?
I applied for my wife SOWP in April 2021 with upfront medical, Biometric was completed on July 22nd and there is no update after that. I am currently on student Visa.
Are you in canada? or u r attending classes from India?

Paramsaini21

May 2, 2021
Hello All,

Hi i also applied sowp in jan 2021
Biometric done 28 jan
Medical passed 3 sept 2021
Ppr not recieved yet ....waiting

Vasudeva12

Aug 17, 2021
I have applied Spouse open work permit and Visitor visa to my kid(4 years old) on Mar 2021. Only Biometric is passed. No other updates. My Current Work permit will ends on Nov 2021, I am yet to apply the extension.

Whether IRCC Process my SOWP and Visitor Visa to my kid now? In case if they process How long it will be given?
As per "New Instructions from IRCC for Visitor VISA - applications before 7th Sep 2021 for Family re union" - Can I re-apply under this recommendation?

mithrans

Star Member
Aug 8, 2020
UPDATE as of 08/02/2021

Lodged: January 19, 2021
Bio Completed: January 28, 2021
Medical Request: February 4, 2021 done on 06/02/21
Reviewing Eligibility: February 4, 2021
Medical Passed: February 8, 2021
PPR:

Praying for the best!
Did u getppr??