+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP - January 2021 applicants

TSG

Jan 10, 2022
Hi..are you from a trv exempt country? And what documents did you present at the border
I'm from India. I got my travel visa in Nov 2020 soon after the restrictions lifted for a bit before being imposed again. Documents wise I took my passport, a copy of my spouse's work permit, a copy of their passport, their employment letter that had a brief of their job description (should be min NOC level B), their last 6 paystubs, address proof, my old medical (that had already expired but that's what I had), our marriage certificate, and a document proving our relationship though they did not ask for it.

Reactions: Miracle2018

Aldo12512

Star Member
Dec 2, 2020
My friend who applied on June 26, get medical update on FEB 11, and get the PPR on Feb 14.

did anyone get PPR request ?

kool30

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Received SOWP via flagpoling at the Rainbow Bridge, within minutes. I came to Canada on a Visitor visa in October 2021, and in January 2022 I applied for a SOWP from within Canada. If anyone has a valid visa/ is already inside Canada and is looking for a work permit, this is the fastest, most successful way of getting one. My main reason for applying was to extend my stay in Canada while I wait for my PR. (Happy to answer any questions related to the process)
Hi, My spouse is joining me next month and travelling on a visitor visa. I am on a study permit, so could my spouse also do flag polling or do they need to apply for SOWP from inside Canada before flag polling?

imansoor

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi, My spouse is joining me next month and travelling on a visitor visa. I am on a study permit, so could my spouse also do flag polling or do they need to apply for SOWP from inside Canada before flag polling?
I will recommend not to go for flag polling for sowp instead do inland online application. Have read on fb group that they are not processing sowp from POE. Might create some long term issue.

Reactions: kool30

Ginasadig

Oct 21, 2021
I am on OWP, full time employe NOC 0711. Applied for express enry recently too. (AOR Feb 17 2022)
Applied for my partner :
AOR Aug 03. 2021
Biometrics Aug 06 2021
Upfornt medical update Feb 25 2022

No news still. Country from Azerbaijan/ Ankara office
I dont know how long should we wait more.

k.phoneix2022

Feb 20, 2022
Received SOWP via flagpoling at the Rainbow Bridge, within minutes. I came to Canada on a Visitor visa in October 2021, and in January 2022 I applied for a SOWP from within Canada. If anyone has a valid visa/ is already inside Canada and is looking for a work permit, this is the fastest, most successful way of getting one. My main reason for applying was to extend my stay in Canada while I wait for my PR. (Happy to answer any questions related to the process)
Hello there!
I have a valid Visa that is good till end of 2023, I came inside canada December 2021 and applied sowp on Jan7th. I am waiting for the ppr/ approval status. How can I speed up the process? Please suggest me the steps you did for me to get my work permit faster. My wife's work permit expires on oct 2022. So the sooner it's better for me Appreciate all the help!

marnet

Mar 22, 2022
December, 31st 2021 - My wife submitted her application for SOWP from Russia.
January 21 - We had a ghost update (in the status on the website, but not as an email).
January 25 - Health exam was approved.

How about others?
what do you mean by ghost update? the estimated time is 13 weeks from Russia, depends on that maybe you will get the final decision soon
can you please tell me if you got any news? or if they started reviewing the eligability?

RAKZ

Star Member
Dec 31, 2019
Hello,

I really appreciate your feedback on the spouse's open work permit. I have been working in Canada since June 2020, and I applied for SOWP for my wife in Dec 2020 (outland). Yesterday, she received PPR. However, my current WP will be going to end in June 2022, which is in 3 months. I applied already for a new work permit inside Canada. Does it create any problem in the port of entry for my spouse, when she landed in Canada?. Does my IRCC letter (the letter provided for authorization to work until my new work permit issue) allow her to enter Canada? Please give me a suggestion?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,

I really appreciate your feedback on the spouse's open work permit. I have been working in Canada since June 2020, and I applied for SOWP for my wife in Dec 2020 (outland). Yesterday, she received PPR. However, my current WP will be going to end in June 2022, which is in 3 months. I applied already for a new work permit inside Canada. Does it create any problem in the port of entry for my spouse, when she landed in Canada?. Does my IRCC letter (the letter provided for authorization to work until my new work permit issue) allow her to enter Canada? Please give me a suggestion?
No issues for her to enter if her work permit is valid.

pixydust

Feb 16, 2022
Hi All

Looking for help. My wife's NOC 0 GSS ICT application is under process. I am thinking of applying for SOWP outland from the US as it's taking more time inland or POE. We carry Indian passports.

My concern here is we may have to enter Canada based on her ICT and my visitor visa before a decision is made on SOWP as we are going to max out our stay here in the states. How will I get my work permit if I am in Canada and it's approved? Can anyone help me with options?

Thank you.

pixydust

Feb 16, 2022
Hi All

Looking for help. My wife's NOC 0 GSS ICT application is under process. I am thinking of applying for SOWP outland from the US as it's taking more time inland or POE. We carry Indian passports.

My concern here is we may have to enter Canada based on her ICT and my visitor visa before a decision is made on SOWP as we are going to max out our stay here in the states. How will I get my work permit if I am in Canada and it's approved? Can anyone help me with options?

Thank you.
Can anyone pitch in and help me with an answer if you had in a similar situation or know about the process. I sincerely appreciate it.