+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP - January 2021 applicants

Sinper

Star Member
Dec 14, 2020
Ya it gets updated every Tuesday, but good thing is that IRCC is trying to match this 51 week timeline now. If you consider the biometric date or file submission date whichever is later, then they are trying to meet that time. I hope the way they are processing files now, this 51 week time will reduce in coming months, as most of the files were submitted in March and they have started processing Feb 2021 files, March files will take time because of volume but post that, not much files were submitted from India till Oct November, so lets hope this time reduces in next 3 to 4 weeks, my observation only.

Reactions: Adithyaram

greenhamster

Feb 25, 2021
December, 31st 2021 - My wife submitted her application for SOWP from Russia.
January 21 - We had a ghost update (in the status on the website, but not as an email).
January 25 - Health exam was approved.

How about others?

AnurajAnnie

Star Member
Oct 2, 2021
Ya it gets updated every Tuesday, but good thing is that IRCC is trying to match this 51 week timeline now. If you consider the biometric date or file submission date whichever is later, then they are trying to meet that time. I hope the way they are processing files now, this 51 week time will reduce in coming months, as most of the files were submitted in March and they have started processing Feb 2021 files, March files will take time because of volume but post that, not much files were submitted from India till Oct November, so lets hope this time reduces in next 3 to 4 weeks, my observation only.
How do you know that they started processing feb files? Did anyone from feb 2021 received any updates?

Adithyaram

Jul 2, 2020
Is there any way to check which applications are getting processed from anywhere? Feb 2021 files getting processed - just want to stay in loop to check it

Sinper

Star Member
Dec 14, 2020
Is there any way to check which applications are getting processed from anywhere? Feb 2021 files getting processed - just want to stay in loop to check it
I am part of multiple whatsapp groups and other source is Youtube channels.

Pan5

Feb 7, 2022
Hi...mine was a Jan 2021 file....you say Feb 2021 files are getting processed now...so the Jan 2021 files have received PPRs?

TSG

Jan 10, 2022
Received SOWP via flagpoling at the Rainbow Bridge, within minutes. I came to Canada on a Visitor visa in October 2021, and in January 2022 I applied for a SOWP from within Canada. If anyone has a valid visa/ is already inside Canada and is looking for a work permit, this is the fastest, most successful way of getting one. My main reason for applying was to extend my stay in Canada while I wait for my PR. (Happy to answer any questions related to the process)

Reactions: k.phoneix2022

Adithyaram

Jul 2, 2020
Received SOWP via flagpoling at the Rainbow Bridge, within minutes. I came to Canada on a Visitor visa in October 2021, and in January 2022 I applied for a SOWP from within Canada. If anyone has a valid visa/ is already inside Canada and is looking for a work permit, this is the fastest, most successful way of getting one. My main reason for applying was to extend my stay in Canada while I wait for my PR. (Happy to answer any questions related to the process)
I have already applied for SOWP from India In DEC 2021. Is it possible for me to apply again for visitor visa. Won't the SOWP or the visitor be rejected on basis of dual intent. If possible can you mention steps if possible would like to understand it better.

Adithyaram

Jul 2, 2020
I am part of multiple whatsapp groups and other source is Youtube channels.
I have checked lot of youtube channels for last one week videos, mostly I see people getting SOWP ppr requests for people who have applied in Nov and Dev 2020, Didnot see any for Jan 2021 or FEB 2021, not sure about March too. Can you please help me point to the whatsapp groups please I will request for getting included

TSG

Jan 10, 2022
I have already applied for SOWP from India In DEC 2021. Is it possible for me to apply again for visitor visa. Won't the SOWP or the visitor be rejected on basis of dual intent. If possible can you mention steps if possible would like to understand it better.
I am not sure if SOWP will get canceled in this case or not. I have my PR application in process and yet I received my visitor visa. So you might be able to get a visa too as the SOWP is taking long to get processed (but still check about the regulations).

The steps involved were - Show up to the Rainbow Bridge at Niagra Falls at the point where you cross over to the US side. I went as a pedestrian and there was a separate lane for pedestrians. At the US border, I told them I don't wish to cross but I want to flagpole. They gave me a white slip that stated my intentions of coming back to the Canadian side to flagpole. On the Canadian side, I stated that I want to apply for a SOWP and they gave me a yellow slip that took to the immigration officer. They asked for my documents (marriage certificate, husband's work permit, his employment letter, and last 6 pay stubs and medical. The employment letter should state your spouse's job responsibilities and must be at least NOC level B). Then I paid my fees and received the work permit after waiting for them to validate the documents.

Note- Flagpoling at the rainbow bridge is possible only on Tues, Wed, Thu. They start at 8:00 and they have a quota for each day. So be there a little bit earlier than 8.

Miracle2018

Jan 3, 2018
Hi everyone,

I have applied for PGWP and now it's being reviewed. I've got a job offer, and after I receive 3 pay stubs I want to apply for my husband's owp extension.
How do I do that? Can I add him to my existing application while it's being reviewed? Should I create a new application? Should he apply for himself? I'm confused.
Hi, Were you able to add your spouse's OWP extension to your existing PGWP application account?
If yes , can you share the steps to be followed?

Jeja

Oct 23, 2020
Hi..are you from a trv exempt country? And what documents did you present at the border