+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP, ask me anything.

Toks01

Jun 7, 2017
Hi, my husband is working in Dubai and we put application ( SOWP) from India through online, and we mentioned in imm1295 that we have applied from India.. but biometric is given in Dubai.. so my question is where will be his visa office, will it be in Abu Dhabi or India- New Delhi.. thank you for your help..
It will be India since the address you fill out during application is Indian address

Sad93

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
Dear friends, my spouse has got his OWP last week and we will go to Canada in two weeks. I was wondering about the situation of his health insurance. Is there any chance that he can use the OHIP? If not, could you please help me with the best private insurance option that he has. Thank you so much

Reactions: Buik84

tuba_jay

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019
Hello everyone,
I really in need of a geniune advice.
my spouse is working as ‘production administrative coordinator’ since march 2020.
We applied for SOWP in May2020 with the help of a lawyer who mentioned his job as NOC A 0911- manufacturing managers. Our application got refused later.
Now we want to apply again with the roles and responsibilities of the job( same job) but are not confident that it falls under the above noc.
If we now change it, will it be a problem?
Any help would be highly appreciated.
Thankss.

Oct 6, 2019
Hello, I am planning to apply for my spouse work permit. Now I have my work permit valid for 7 more months. Immigration says my work permit has to be valid for 6 months. So my question is, does my work permit validity counts on the day I apply for my spouse OWP or when they will open the application to process?

Please let me know if anyone faced this situation. Thank you.

Sad93

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
Guys, is tere any chance for my spouse to enter Canada with his OWP alone? Because I need to travel alone this week to attend my classes and my spouse's passport has not delivered yet so he needs to travel alone in few weeks I assume. Can he apply for the travel excemption letter?

masan

Oct 16, 2020
Hey @gauravsharma11210 & folks,

Can you pls help or suggest something for my wife's open work permit case. it has been excruciating wait time.

I'm in Canada on closed work permit & applied for my wife's open work permit last year.....It is still pending decision.

December 14th 2019 - Upfront Medical completed in New Delhi
December 20th 2019 - Case filed
December 31st 2019 - Biometrics completed at VFS/New Delhi

It is still decision pending.
Anyone from NDVO that recently got SOWP decision?

I was asked to do re-medical for my wife on Dec 31st that were completed on Jan 4th & passed on Jan 11th.

Had submitted ATIP & no progress even there.

Looks like running out of options :/

Harsh89

Sep 1, 2020
Any questions/queries regarding SOWP and Express Entry? Just start typing!
I have SOWP visa and my husband is already in canada with Closed WP. I got my visa 2 days back with expiry date of feb 2021. Due to this i have tk travel to canada on an emergency so that i can apply for extension. I have already dropped an emAil for authorization letter. I just want to know how important is this letter? Can someone with SOWP visa can travel without the letter ??

Fargoloz

Star Member
May 2, 2020
I applied ( under Startup Visa ) for work permit and my wife for an open work permit along with 2 kids.
We got approved last week and yesterday we received the port of entry letter IMM 5812.

I am planning to travel alone at the beginning and my wife will follow in 2 months! Is that possible? or it's mandatory to enter Canada together?

Thanks,

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I applied ( under Startup Visa ) for work permit and my wife for an open work permit along with 2 kids.
We got approved last week and yesterday we received the port of entry letter IMM 5812.

I am planning to travel alone at the beginning and my wife will follow in 2 months! Is that possible? or it's mandatory to enter Canada together?

Thanks,
Your wife and kids will need written authorization to travel.

oldnavy2392

Jan 23, 2021
Hi

I completed a masters program in canada and have been on a PGWP since March 2020. As my passport is expiring in May 2021 my permit validity was only for the duration of my passport. There is a remark in my permit that it would be extended once I renew my passport.

Q. I recently got married and would like to Know if my husband from
Overseas could apply for OWP. Will he have to wait for my extension to be granted? I mean it’s quite evident that I would be getting an extension. I have been working since and have 6 + pay stubs for type A job.

Appreciate all the help and experience I can get in regards to this matter.

arunesh.vikram

Dec 31, 2019
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
Nomination.....
05-02-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2021
Med's Done....
30-08-2021
Passport Req..
19-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2022
LANDED..........
28-01-2022
Hello all,
Need an advice I am on work permit in Canada.
Applying for Open work permit for my wife & visitor visa for my child as he is just 1 year old.

So, my doubt is which visa type option should i select while filling the questionnaire for my child of 1 year old.
Visit - all other types
Or
Visit - Tourism

Thanks in advance.

utojamepark

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
I am applying for an open work permit under an active public policy or pilot program announced by IRCC.
Should I answer yes/no to this question?
I am applying for SOWP inland in Quebec, my wife is a international student and we both entered Canada last Dec, I currently have no job offer and I am on visitor status.
Is SOWP an active public policy or pilot program announced by IRCC?

thanks

Reactions: Miracle2018

arunesh.vikram

Dec 31, 2019
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
Nomination.....
05-02-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2021
Med's Done....
30-08-2021
Passport Req..
19-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2022
LANDED..........
28-01-2022
I have a query. What do we show for proof of funds for Open work permit of a spouse with work permit in Canada.

Do we only show bank statement of 6 continuous months or should we get a letter from Bank manager showing money in account?

Thanks in advance.

anibby

Jul 20, 2020
No, I applied from my profile. I am inland. Purpose of visit “other“ and then I wrote “COVID-19”. If not they don’t process the application on a fast track.
Hi,
Could you clarify this for me? Did you apply to visitor's visit or SOWP because I don't see "Purpose of visit" in my work permit application forms.
In case, you applied for visitor's visit, how did you go about it to get SOWP.