+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP, ask me anything.

Mamta26

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018
Dear friends, I am in a frustrating situation and hope you guys can help me. I (EU national) and my spouse (non-EU national) applied on August 18th for study permit and SOWP in London. I got my second stage approval couple of days ago and ready to go to Canada but unfortunately we did not recieve a single update on my spouse's application yet, not evenabout reviewing the eligibility! I sent couple of webforms and they answered that his application is in process. He did the biometrics and does not need to do medical so his application is complete. I was wondering if it is happening to other people too that their applications processed seperately. Is there a chance that they don't give the final answer on his application until the end of December? I really can not travel alone :(
I am almost in the same situation. Actually, I applied for my PGWP along with my spouse and kids within Canada on June 7, 2020. At the time I have applied, my husband was in my home country and planned to visit Canada but he couldn't travel due to Covid. After a long wait of 5 months, I received approval for my kids and myself but My husband's application status is still showing 'in process.'

• Angry
Reactions: Sad93

Buik84

Star Member
Nov 1, 2020
BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
13-05-2020
AOR Received.
23-08-2020
Med's Done....
01-10-2020
That’s good to hear! What documents did you submit for proof of relationship? Thanks in advance!!
Marriage certificate and photos of our common-law relationship

kgaurangk

Mar 12, 2020
Hi,

My wife had a SOWP in the past when I was studying but it expired March 2020 and since then she's been on a tourist status. When I got a job we applied again and my wife's SOWP was approved 2 weeks ago and received the letter in the mail today. We applied for the SIN online right away.
Now my question is if she is permitted to start working right away or wait till she receives the SIN confirmation.

Also, when I applied for the SIN online, we saw the following message after submission of application:

The Employment Insurance Regulations require individuals to apply for a Social Insurance Number (SIN) no later than three days after the day on which the employment begins and to inform their employer of their SIN as soon as they receive it. The legislation does not prevent people from working in insurable employment before they receive their SIN.

Thank in advance.

Ali.F

Aug 28, 2020
Marriage certificate and photos of our common-law relationship
Hey, may I ask what documents you submitted for the SOWP? I am curious about the purpose of visit. Also, did your spouse create a separate IRCC account and apply for the SOWP individually? thank you!

Buik84

Star Member
Nov 1, 2020
BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
13-05-2020
AOR Received.
23-08-2020
Med's Done....
01-10-2020
Hey, may I ask what documents you submitted for the SOWP? I am curious about the purpose of visit. Also, did your spouse create a separate IRCC account and apply for the SOWP individually? thank you!
No, I applied from my profile. I am inland. Purpose of visit “other“ and then I wrote “COVID-19”. If not they don’t process the application on a fast track.

koolanky2k5

Dec 30, 2020
Hi All,

I would like to discuss my situation here,

1. My wife is in Canada under the International Student Program since January 2020, her Student Permit ends in April 2021.
2. Due to COVID-19 I submitted my application in August 2020, once the lockdown restrictions were lifted.
3. Since IRCC has not even provided BIL for SOWP, I am getting it done from Dubai next month. I know it will not accelerate anything but just for my satisfaction, I will get it done anyway.
4. When I filed my application I didn't include my son (7 yrs) as part of the application since we thought that once I get Visa then I will file my son's Visitor Visa Application.

Following are the questions:
1. Since my wife's student permit expires by April 2021 and due to the delays caused by COVID, is it still worth to wait for my application to be processed.
2. Since there has been already so much delay I was thinking of adding my son's information also into the application so that the visa can be processed for me and my son. Will this change affect my current status of the application.
3. My Parents already have a valid Visitor Visa so we were thinking of filing another application for my son where my mother's visa details can be used as guardian.
4. I am expecting that by end of January 2021, my wife should have a stable job in Canada, can we still use the same application filed for SOWP or we will have to reinitiate the application process.

I will be really happy to get some support or guidance here, it's getting really difficult for my wife to manage things on her own there. Also, my son is literally getting affected since he misses her mother so much and she has been away for almost a year.

fantonight

Mar 5, 2020
Hi,
I have applied for SOWP in March 2020 from Delhi, given the covid, my biometric is still pending and I have not received the official decision on my application yet.
I am planning to go to Dubai for the fingerprints and before that, in Dec 2020 I have applied for caips note to see if there is any decision is made on my application.

Today I got the result as a refusal on caips note and it was given that I made a mistake in the application form (working as teacher and farmer) but mentioned only as a teacher in the family information form.

As my official final decision is not made given the biometric is pending, just wondering is there any way I can correct my mistake? I applied online application.
Just thinking if I can upload an updated form or notify the officer about this? please advise.

Thankss

jeevan1205

Star Member
Feb 28, 2020
Hi,
I have applied for SOWP in March 2020 from Delhi, given the covid, my biometric is still pending and I have not received the official decision on my application yet.
I am planning to go to Dubai for the fingerprints and before that, in Dec 2020 I have applied for caips note to see if there is any decision is made on my application.

Today I got the result as a refusal on caips note and it was given that I made a mistake in the application form (working as teacher and farmer) but mentioned only as a teacher in the family information form.

As my official final decision is not made given the biometric is pending, just wondering is there any way I can correct my mistake? I applied online application.
Just thinking if I can upload an updated form or notify the officer about this? please advise.

Thankss
you can actually give a try using webform and ask them to reconsider the updated form, hope it may help.

Lkr92

Aug 11, 2018
PPR Today! good luck all of you!
my wife’s SOWP timeline:

- AOR September 8;
- eligibility review started November 24;
- medical passed December 17;
- biometric correspondence letter December 22;
- PPR December 23.
Congratulations, can you please tell what extra documents did you provide ?

nouman.mohd

Jul 4, 2017
I applied for SOWP from India
Applied 31 Dec 2020
Medical upfront
Biometric request received on 1st Jan 2021

Since workers can't book bio-metric appointment as it is not a priority, but the application is for spouse's OWP.

Should not be SOWP be included in FCP, Spouse of a Foreign workers can't book Biometrics appointment but a Canadian Citizen and PR's spouse could.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I applied for SOWP from India
Applied 31 Dec 2020
Medical upfront
Biometric request received on 1st Jan 2021

Since workers can't book bio-metric appointment as it is not a priority, but the application is for spouse's OWP.

Should not be SOWP be included in FCP, Spouse of a Foreign workers can't book Biometrics appointment but a Canadian Citizen and PR's spouse could.
No. Canadian citizens and PRs take priority.

Piyus Mishra

Nov 5, 2019
Hi, my husband is working in Dubai and we put application ( SOWP) from India through online, and we mentioned in imm1295 that we have applied from India.. but biometric is given in Dubai.. so my question is where will be his visa office, will it be in Abu Dhabi or India- New Delhi.. thank you for your help..