+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP, ask me anything.

Amit_T

Dec 1, 2020
Hi Gaurav,

I am currently in UK and planning to apply sowp for myself based on my wife SP. She is going to start course in Jan 2021 and hasn't travelled to Canada yet. Plan is she will travel and get her SP to let me apply sowp. Then she can travel back to UK as classes are online til April 2021.

Could you please help me to gather what all documents required from both of us to apply sowp. We have been married for around 3 years and been working for 7+ years.

Kind regards,
Amit

cuneyt

Sep 1, 2020
Hi guys,

I would like to discuss my situation. My PGWP will expire at the end of March. At the end of September, I applied for SOWP work permit via my wife's PGWP which is valid until november 2021 with her 3 payslips of the NOC B job. It means that I applied 6 months before my permit expires The reason is that my company has more than 150 employees and I am the only foreign worker. Therefore the HR department doesn't know anything about Implied status and they request a valid work permit without a cut. Since the processing time for the Work permit reached 192 days, I had to apply it at that time in order to get SOWP before PGWP expires. Now, the processing times reduced, I saw some posts that if you apply for a Work permit too early, it might be refused. What are your opinions? Do you have any experiences with a similar situation?

karimattia

Nov 7, 2018
Hi guys,

I would like to discuss my situation. My PGWP will expire at the end of March. At the end of September, I applied for SOWP work permit via my wife's PGWP which is valid until november 2021 with her 3 payslips of the NOC B job. It means that I applied 6 months before my permit expires The reason is that my company has more than 150 employees and I am the only foreign worker. Therefore the HR department doesn't know anything about Implied status and they request a valid work permit without a cut. Since the processing time for the Work permit reached 192 days, I had to apply it at that time in order to get SOWP before PGWP expires. Now, the processing times reduced, I saw some posts that if you apply for a Work permit too early, it might be refused. What are your opinions? Do you have any experiences with a similar situation?
Why don't you do flagpooling?

navjeetkaur

Oct 26, 2018
Hello, I have a situation.
I have applied for my PGWP after completion of my studies along with mu spousal's open work permit extension. So, I have a question regarding my application. I have applied with the job offer of NOC B but I did not start working at that time, And then I started working there but I was the only employee of theirs and due to COVID-19, my work has gone, Then I have applied for another job which is also of NOC A. I just have one paystub from the last work. Now i started working at another job. Should I post a webform for my situation or wait for the Officer's reply. Are there any chances of refusal?

navjeetkaur

Oct 26, 2018
Any questions/queries regarding SOWP and Express Entry? Just start typing!
I have applied for my PGWP after completion of my studies along with mu spousal's open work permit extension. So, I have a question regarding my application. I have applied with the job offer of NOC B but I did not start working at that time, And then I started working there but I was the only employee of theirs and due to COVID-19, my work has gone, Then I have applied for another job which is also of NOC A. I just have one paystub from the last work. Now i started working at another job. Should I post a webform for my situation or wait for the Officer's reply. Are there any chances of refusal?

Mindf

Dec 13, 2020
If I received a PPR for my SOWP from the New Delhi high commission, does it mean that my visa is approved?

Mindf

Dec 13, 2020
Ok... got the PPR on 4th December
Passport sent on 8th Dec
Passport recieved at IRCC on 10 December
Waiting for final decision.

Any idea how long they take to finalize the decision?

skd46443

Nov 3, 2020
Ok... got the PPR on 4th December
Passport sent on 8th Dec
Passport recieved at IRCC on 10 December
Waiting for final decision.

Any idea how long they take to finalize the decision?
as you got PPR means your application has been approved. they will dispatch it this week.

when did you sibmit your application (date) and which country?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You should withdraw the SOWP. You didn't qualify when you applied and have switched jobs 3 times since applying so should be denied.

scott.2

Jan 28, 2018
You should withdraw the SOWP. You didn't qualify when you applied and have switched jobs 3 times since applying so should be denied.
Hello, what if you applied with 2 pay slips would you still suggest withdrawing the application? I applied with 2 but now have the 3rd and would like to submit it

Buik84

Star Member
Nov 1, 2020
BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
13-05-2020
AOR Received.
23-08-2020
Med's Done....
01-10-2020
PPR Today! good luck all of you!
my wife’s SOWP timeline:

- AOR September 8;
- eligibility review started November 24;
- medical passed December 17;
- biometric correspondence letter December 22;
- PPR December 23.

Reactions: Sad93

muzi98

Sep 7, 2019
PPR Today! good luck all of you!
my wife’s SOWP timeline:

- AOR September 8;
- eligibility review started November 24;
- medical passed December 17;
- biometric correspondence letter December 22;
- PPR December 23.
where did your wife apply from? And was it online or on paper application?

Buik84

Star Member
Nov 1, 2020
BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
13-05-2020
AOR Received.
23-08-2020
Med's Done....
01-10-2020
where did your wife apply from? And was it online or on paper application?
online. Primary VO Ankara, secondary VO Beirut.