+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP, ask me anything.

Tigre200820

Dec 26, 2019
Hi, I wanna ask and thst is my situation

I'm international student, I arrive with my husband on December 18, He came with tourist visa and I have tourist visa plus student permit... Two nights ago we went to 1000 thousands bridge (9pm was alone) to do flagpole and get an open work permit for him while I am studying. Everything was OK with us officers after we got the white and yellow papers we went to the immigration office... The officer was so rude and said us that we had to apply online...

The reason because we did it is because we need that he can find a job to stay both together at here...

We are thinking in going to Saint Bernard de la colle in these days to try flagpoling again.

I really will appreciate your help.

Reactions: StudyMaster

Faizan11111

Oct 9, 2019
Hi
I have a stupid question but looking for some answers

I’m inland on BOWP and my wife is outside Canada.

I am planning to apply for Spouse open work permit.
Question
1. Should my wife create a profile and submit the application or Shall I submit using my UCI.

2. Do we need to show proof of funds in my wife account with application ( in addition to my job letter and pay stub)

Will appreciate if anyone responds.

Thank you.

kellymoores

Dec 30, 2019
Hi,

I'm new to apply for a Spouse Open Work Permit (SOWP) . Who are qualified for applying for a SOWP ?

Currently, I'm waiting for my PGWP result and I've started a NOC A job in late Nov. So what should I do to apply for a SOWP for my husband who is currently outside of Canada. What will be my best strategy to sponsor my husband to come to Canada asap?

Thanks in advance

Rabu123

Dec 27, 2019
Hi!

My husband is in canada on student permit. And I am applying for my SOWP.

Do I need to show my own funds also?
As my husband already has around 6 lacs in his account and also FD of value 3.5 lac. We are also showing his property in home country which has value of around 70 lacs. Along with this I also have his sponsor letter and our proof of relationship.

Hiten_patel

Star Member
Nov 5, 2018
Hello everyone... I had a question if any one could please help me out.

I'm on a sowp now which expires in march and my wife is going to apply for her Pgwp by end of January, any It takes more than 3 months to get pgwp approved so will she be able to apply for my permit in her applied status if she can manage Level 0,A,B job with 3 pay stubs or we need to wait to apply my Sowp until her's get approved?

StudyMaster

Mar 5, 2019
Hi, I wanna ask and thst is my situation

I'm international student, I arrive with my husband on December 18, He came with tourist visa and I have tourist visa plus student permit... Two nights ago we went to 1000 thousands bridge (9pm was alone) to do flagpole and get an open work permit for him while I am studying. Everything was OK with us officers after we got the white and yellow papers we went to the immigration office... The officer was so rude and said us that we had to apply online...

The reason because we did it is because we need that he can find a job to stay both together at here...

We are thinking in going to Saint Bernard de la colle in these days to try flagpoling again.

I really will appreciate your help.
Dont loose hope.... Get consultation from experience person, or some agent ... even if they charge some fee, go for it...

jas65671

Jan 3, 2020
Hi Gaurav,
My wife visa got refused under section 205 c (ii).
I have pgwp, NOC B job.
Can you please advise me which document o missed?
Thank you

jannat786

Sep 5, 2019
hello!
So my case is a bit messy. I had previously applied for a TRV twice and got rejected both times and it was just to meet with my family there and for a small vacation since I haven’t been on a vacation for a while now. I tried twice and then let it be because I didn’t want to waste any more time and money applying and I was getting back to studying for my professional degree.
Now the problem is, I’m south Asian and we usually have arranged marriages so a few months after I had applied for my TRVs I got married, my husband works in Canada and we want to apply for my SOWP and I was just wondering if my previous rejections will have negative impacts on my SOWP? I don’t mind attaching our wedding and casual pictures and and conversation histories. Should I provide an explanation on the cover letter?
Thanks!

Aakash90

Jan 9, 2020
Applied for SOWP on 24th October
Got Biometrics done on 30th October,
Now waiting for Future Instructions. My file is with IRCC Bangalore
Expected Processing time in 7weeks.
Bro, Its been more than 12 weeks now. I guess the processing time is higher. I used the web form enquiry and they said they are processing the application. I am unsure how long will it take further.

KPR_G

Feb 29, 2016
hi
i wanted to check which is the form number for applying SOWP Extension. i am confused as i can only see Form-IMM5710E but it is not having option of extension of Open work permit, only below options are there
1. Apply for WP with same employer
2. Apply for a WP for the first time or with a new employer
3. Restore my status as worker
4. Get a new temporary resident permit(for inadmissible applicants only)

Can you please guide

Aakash90

Jan 9, 2020
Any questions/queries regarding SOWP and Express Entry? Just start typing!
New
. I applied for SOWP in October 2019, Medical passed on October 22nd but haven't received any update.
. It has been over 12 weeks since my application ( I made my application Online).
. Should I make another application (Visitor visa).

I need help.!