+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP, ask me anything.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I did apply for the TRV and got approval as well and this was put in my application as well. My parents never had a passport for themselves and I got my passport in 2018 so there is no chance that a visa application was filed by them which is unknown to me and was rejected. Does this happens by mistake sometimes by the VO ?
So seems like an error. Your lawyers are on top of it.

Chirantar

Feb 5, 2019
So seems like an error. Your lawyers are on top of it.
Upon digging in, I discovered that several years ago, approximately 4-5 years back, I created a GC-Key account, does this mean i applied for a visa for Canada ? I remember i didn't submit any documents or anything, i was just looking out for EE thing long back.

However, I have never applied for any visa for Canada using this account. Please share this as well with the attorney.

Chirantar

Feb 5, 2019
I've never been refused any visa or have never overstated in any countries I traveled. I never travelled as a minor, infact didn't even have a passport.

I got this letter for my WP only that we were discussing above.
I will appreciate your response. Thanks.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Upon digging in, I discovered that several years ago, approximately 4-5 years back, I created a GC-Key account, does this mean i applied for a visa for Canada ? I remember i didn't submit any documents or anything, i was just looking out for EE thing long back.

However, I have never applied for any visa for Canada using this account. Please share this as well with the attorney.
Setting up an account is not a refusal unless you applied for something.

Chirantar

Feb 5, 2019
Setting up an account is not a refusal unless you applied for something.
That's what i did, applied for nothing. Have you heard of approvals after getting PFLs as i have only heard that if you get PFL, it is more of an intention to reject your visa. They have 90% made up their mind already no matter what explanation you give.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
That's what i did, applied for nothing. Have you heard of approvals after getting PFLs as i have only heard that if you get PFL, it is more of an intention to reject your visa. They have 90% made up their mind already no matter what explanation you give.
If you have never applied for any type of visa in any country not just Canada, and you state that then you have a good chance that you will not get a ban. Doesn’t mean WP approval.

Chirantar

Feb 5, 2019
If you have never applied for any type of visa in any country not just Canada, and you state that then you have a good chance that you will not get a ban. Doesn’t mean WP approval.
I have applied for tourists visa like Schengen, 4 times US - B1/B2 but i said i have never got rejections for any country, i am a traveller. So do you mean it's just they won't ban but will not approve and reject my WP ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have applied for tourists visa like Schengen, 4 times US - B1/B2 but i said i have never got rejections for any country, i am a traveller. So do you mean it's just they won't ban but will not approve and reject my WP ?
I can’t tell you what IRCC will decide. First issue is to overcome 5 year ban. So if you applied to the US 4 times you were approved every time. You said you never had a passport before 2018.

Chirantar

Feb 5, 2019
I can’t tell you what IRCC will decide. First issue is to overcome 5 year ban. So if you applied to the US 4 times you were approved every time. You said you never had a passport before 2018.
US B1/B2 Approved in Feb 2023 - Not travelled yet.
Canadian TRVApproved in May 2023 - Not travelled yet.
4 Times Schengen Visas - All Approved - Latest was in September 2023.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
US B1/B2 Approved in Feb 2023 - Not travelled yet.
Canadian TRVApproved in May 2023 - Not travelled yet.
4 Times Schengen Visas - All Approved - Latest was in September 2023.
Ok. There is nothing we can do. You provide the evidence through your lawyer to respond to PFL. No one can tell you the outcome. There are no timelines for IRCC to respond to PFLs so you may wait many months.

Chirantar

Feb 5, 2019
Ok. There is nothing we can do. You provide the evidence through your lawyer to respond to PFL. No one can tell you the outcome. There are no timelines for IRCC to respond to PFLs so you may wait many months.
Yes, will do the same. Thanks for being responsive again. God Bless you.

Prince2541

Jun 4, 2023
Hello

My wife is in Canada on Work Permit and I am in India.
We also have a child and the marriage is 6 years old.
I have enough funds of my own.

My issue is that I am self-employed and have been providing tuitions, running a sole-proprietorship and my income is cash-based.
I have been filing my tax returns regularly, though my income is below the taxable limit.
Will this hold against me in my SOWP application?

Feb 27, 2024
how soon does the applicant have to move to canada once the sowp visa gets approved? Is there a specific timeframe within which the applicant must enter Canada?