+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP Applied from Chandigarh

SonikaRJ

Star Member
Jul 12, 2016
Hi

My husband who's currently working in Canada as a skilled worker had applied for my SOWP online with upfront medical. Following is the case timeline:

SOWP Applied: Online
Dated: 4 Jan 2016
Medical: Passed on 10 March 2016

This was the last update I received. Since then there have been no updates. It has already been 6 n half months. On enquiry we were informed that file was in Chandigarh Visa Office. However, processing time for the same application as shown online is 9 weeks. I am worried about this delay. We have marked so many emails to immigration people to know the status & exact processing time but we are not getting any response from their side.

Awaiting to hear reviews & response from VO & other applicants who are sailing in the same boat.

Thanks

Unsung

Jun 13, 2016
SonikaRJ said:
Hi

My husband who's currently working in Canada as a skilled worker had applied for my SOWP online with upfront medical. Following is the case timeline:

This was the last update I received. Since then there have been no updates. It has already been 6 n half months. On enquiry we were informed that file was in Chandigarh Visa Office. However, processing time for the same application as shown online is 9 weeks. I am worried about this delay. We have marked so many emails to immigration people to know the status & exact processing time but we are not getting any response from their side.

Awaiting to hear reviews & response from VO & other applicants who are sailing in the same boat.

Thanks
This is totally insane, don't know why are they taking so long.

OWP2015Dec

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Hi SonikaRJ,

Very similar timelines to yours. My wife and I applied online in late December. My wife received approval for her Study Permit in 4-5 days. I have been waiting for my OWP for more than 6 1/2 months now.

If emails are not getting any response, I'd suggest that you submit online CSE. That way, there will also be a formal record of your enquiries.

Also, from looking at another thread, it might be helpful if your husband contacts the MP of the area where he lives. The MP may make enquiries on your behalf and hopefully, that might get the ball rolling on your application.

Maangat

Mar 27, 2016
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
2nd Feb 2016
AOR Received.
11 may 2017
Med's Done....
2nd Feb 2016
Hello everyone

I applied online SWOP with upfront medical on Feb 2nd 2016 . My medical status changed into review on 29 May 2016 .. After that still same // no update .. I have sent too many emails to Chandigarh office even CSE as well .. But no response .. Worried // tensed ..

SonikaRJ

Star Member
Jul 12, 2016
Hey OWP2015

Well we have done it all. For CSE we were informed that case is in Chandigarh visa office, also we took MP's help after which we got to know that file was transferred to another unit for further review. And unfortunately no time frame is available to finalize the application.
Then why does CIC talk about their so called "PROCESSING TIMES" when it's practically of no use to the applicant & only keep us in dark.
I wish there should be 100% transparency so as to stop harassment faced by applicants.

HER

May 5, 2016
SonikaRJ said:
Hi

Hello Sonia i applied on 3rd march in Chandigarh for my wife . Same story here as well. Sent so many email but no reply

Thanks

OWP2015Dec

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
SonikaRJ said:
Hey OWP2015

Well we have done it all. For CSE we were informed that case is in Chandigarh visa office, also we took MP's help after which we got to know that file was transferred to another unit for further review. And unfortunately no time frame is available to finalize the application.
Then why does CIC talk about their so called "PROCESSING TIMES" when it's practically of no use to the applicant & only keep us in dark.
I wish there should be 100% transparency so as to stop harassment faced by applicants.
Hi SonikaRJ,

I hear you. It is indeed a shame that our processing times are nowhere close to the CIC published processing time. I am quite disappointed with the lack of transparency. I believe that if the CIC has accepted my money for reviewing the application, they ought to do so within the timeframe published on their own website.

What's really bad is that I engaged a lawyer to make sure they handle everything professionally. They took a lot of money, but haven't provided proactive guidance even once. I learnt about CSE, GCMS notes, letters to MP on this forum from other members.

Anyway, here's wishing that you get a successful outcome soon.

Maangat

Mar 27, 2016
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
2nd Feb 2016
AOR Received.
11 may 2017
Med's Done....
2nd Feb 2016
I shared one of our friends (raj2404) status about MP enquiry ..

Yes I recently approached MP of our area to get the status of our application, I received a call from MP’s office and they said CIC told them that they haven’t even started reviewing the application yet, they will ask for additional information / documents required and update by end of this month positively. And lady also told me that report us back if you don’t hear back by end of this month, we will call back CIC in month end or first week of Aug. :mad:

Hope we will get good news soon ..

Other side I lost all hopes ..

OWP2015Dec

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Maangat said:
I shared one of our friends (raj2404) status about MP enquiry ..

Yes I recently approached MP of our area to get the status of our application, I received a call from MP’s office and they said CIC told them that they haven’t even started reviewing the application yet, they will ask for additional information / documents required and update by end of this month positively. And lady also told me that report us back if you don’t hear back by end of this month, we will call back CIC in month end or first week of Aug. :mad:

Hope we will get good news soon ..

Other side I lost all hopes ..
Hi Maangat,

Yes, after seeing that post from raj2404, I decided to contact the MP. I will send them an email shortly. I wish you good luck and hope you receive your visa shortly.

Maangat

Mar 27, 2016
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
2nd Feb 2016
AOR Received.
11 may 2017
Med's Done....
2nd Feb 2016
Thanxx bro (owp2015dec) ..finger crossed . We will get visa soon ..

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
making an application online shld b faster than paper, turns out people who made online r rather more screwed than paper based ones in delhi and banglore and chandigarh seems the worst to apply from.