+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP 2020

afreshai

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
Long way to go buddy, I am waiting since April, the last update I got after passing medicals is BVL received on OCT 26th after that no update.

we can safely anticipate (based on current trends) for June, July, August applications something should come up by next year not before that.
You have exceed the processing time. Why don’t u order GCMS notes or webform.

Also could u share your timelines..??

skd46443

Nov 3, 2020
You have exceed the processing time. Why don’t u order GCMS notes or webform.

Also could u share your timelines..??

Application filed - : April 2020
Medical request - : Sep 2020
Additional Document request -: Sep 2020
Medical passed-: Oct 2020
Biometrics submitted- Oct 20th 2020
Biometric validation letter - Oct 26th, 2020

Waiting for final decision. Employer specific closed WP.

Jagan1992

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Long way to go buddy, I am waiting since April, the last update I got after passing medicals is BVL received on OCT 26th after that no update.

we can safely anticipate (based on current trends) for June, July, August applications something should come up by next year not before that.
Apply for gcms

skd46443

Nov 3, 2020
Apply for gcms
The problem is my file is handled by the immigration attorney in Canada, so they are not willing to order at this point, whenever I ask they say due to covid everything is slow balh balh. Next week they are going to raise the web form.

I don't know what to expect at this point. per the previous trend which I saw usually after BVL decision follows soon.

Reactions: Raj1111aggarwal

Jagan1992

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
The problem is my file is handled by the immigration attorney in Canada, so they are not willing to order at this point, whenever I ask they say due to covid everything is slow balh balh. Next week they are going to raise the web form.

I don't know what to expect at this point. per the previous trend which I saw usually after BVL decision follows soon.
You dont need any attorney to apply gcms , you can do it on your own also raising a webform asking status of application is more riskier than ordering gcms because i have personally experienced this as officer sometimes hurry up decision with webform query

skd46443

Nov 3, 2020
You dont need any attorney to apply gcms , you can do it on your own also raising a webform asking status of application is more riskier than ordering gcms because i have personally experienced this as officer sometimes hurry up decision with webform query
True but I think they must have made decision by now as i saw good amount of post where they got correspondence letter and on the same day there visa was approved per GCMS notes.

Attorney is my case representative so do you think its okay if i order GCMS notes for myself?

wang0209

May 24, 2020
I apply SOWP in Sep 29th .
November 2th request for police clearance certificate (done)
November 9th request for Medical. (done November 11th)
now still waiting for final result.
because I have been refused 5 times before, so this is my 6 times apply the visa.

sky1993

Nov 23, 2020
I am going to apply for SOWP in next two days.
My wife is full time International student.
I just wanted to know LOE should be from my side or my wife's side?

kiwi_forever

Nov 18, 2020
I am going to apply for SOWP in next two days.
My wife is full time International student.
I just wanted to know LOE should be from my side or my wife's side?
It's up to you, I am student in Canada and my wife applied from India for SOWP. We only provided LOE from her side, we showed my father as sponser for funds in her letter, I did not provide any LOE from my side.

But it is better to provide LOE from your wife's side as well (2 LOEs) and there is nothing wrong with that. Just make sure you don't skip any documents, provide as much as you can, just don't give them any chance you know. There is a ridiculous wait time nowadays.

Buik84

Star Member
Nov 1, 2020
BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
13-05-2020
AOR Received.
23-08-2020
Med's Done....
01-10-2020
Hi everyone. I am a temporary worker with NOC 0 and a CWP of 4 years, I applied for my wife outland SOWP online, AOR 8 September 2020. They linked her old biometrics on 9 September (on applicant information top right section, not on Details about your application status, where it is still "we do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes"), then nothing till today, when I saw a ghost update and in Review of eligibility the status changed from "your application is in progress, we will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility" to "we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." We uploaded the medical since the beginning, but upfront medical still not updated and shows "you do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes). We are on process also for Express entry PR, AOR 23 August 2020. Anybody of you guys with similar timeline already got some good news? hopefully today's ghost update will bring an approval soon!

sky1993

Nov 23, 2020
It's up to you, I am student in Canada and my wife applied from India for SOWP. We only provided LOE from her side, we showed my father as sponser for funds in her letter, I did not provide any LOE from my side.

But it is better to provide LOE from your wife's side as well (2 LOEs) and there is nothing wrong with that. Just make sure you don't skip any documents, provide as much as you can, just don't give them any chance you know. There is a ridiculous wait time nowadays.
I got biometric request just wanted to know VFS in India taking appointment for work permit?