+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP 2020

Uzairazhar55

Star Member
Jul 14, 2019
Applied for Sowp on 12th October.
Medical passed 1st November. No updates after that.
I gave upfront medical but they got expired on 4th November recently.
Don't know what will happen now.
My medical and biometrics are both updated on the file.

contactrajesh

Oct 4, 2020
Just biometrics got updated
What is the significance of eligibility review. Current SOWP application status is showing as "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements" and background check in progress. Medicals passed 11-Nov, does that mean application is moving forward.

afreshai

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
What is the significance of eligibility review. Current SOWP application status is showing as "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements" and background check in progress. Medicals passed 11-Nov, does that mean application is moving forward.
When did you apply and from where..?

skd46443

Nov 3, 2020
Applied for Sowp on 12th October.
Medical passed 1st November. No updates after that.
I gave upfront medical but they got expired on 4th November recently.
Don't know what will happen now.
My medical and biometrics are both updated on the file.
just wait for the final decision now, anticipate 2-3 months for it. if medical says passed then no need to worry.

skd46443

Nov 3, 2020
yes, it is moving forward. processing time is ridiculously slow due to pandemic.

kiwi_forever

Nov 18, 2020
I am currently a Full-time international student in Canada.

My wife got her SOWP refused TWICE due to missing documents, then with the help of professional consultant I made the case stronger and reapplied for her SOWP. Below is the timeline. Biometrics and Medical was already done (No issue)

Application made from India - Online
Applied on - 17th July
Applied for webform for inquiry on - 6th Nov

Medical not updated, no decision received, no web form reply received till date.

Lot of people are in the same boat, hope for the best for everyone!

Last edited:

afreshai

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019

My wife got her SOWP refused TWICE due to missing documents, then with the help of professional consultant I made the case stronger and reapplied for her SOWP. Below is the timeline. Biometrics and Medical was already done (No issue)

Applied on - 17th July

Medical not updated, no decision received, no web form reply received till date.

Hopefully they do not refuse files after such a long waiting time.

Do let us know if you get any updates on webform or so!

Reactions: kiwi_forever

kiwi_forever

Nov 18, 2020
Hopefully they do not refuse files after such a long waiting time.

Do let us know if you get any updates on webform or so!
Yes, I will surely post an update here.

Honestly I am not 100% sure about this, but I personally feel that if they want to refuse the application they do not wait for a long time. I have seen cases in which they got refusal in Oct 2020 and they applied in July 2020 for SOWP.

skd46443

Nov 3, 2020

Applied on - 17th July

Long way to go buddy, I am waiting since April, the last update I got after passing medicals is BVL received on OCT 26th after that no update.

we can safely anticipate (based on current trends) for June, July, August applications something should come up by next year not before that.

kiwi_forever

Nov 18, 2020
Long way to go buddy, I am waiting since April, the last update I got after passing medicals is BVL received on OCT 26th after that no update.

we can safely anticipate (based on current trends) for June, July, August applications something should come up by next year not before that.
Yes, that's true.