+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP 2020

rominpatel02

Aug 24, 2020
Hello,
I got passport submission request but I submitted my passport while submitting paper application. My application is at vfs Delhi. Could someone help me to whom I should contact and how? Does any one have faced same situation? I filled webform but no response. I got passport request on 2nd FEB.

bleachedaxe

Oct 6, 2010
Hey All! Does anyone know if I am eligible to apply for an open work permit for my spouse who’s in another country and listed as a non-accompanying member on my application? I currently have a closed work permit which expires in 22 months.

Toks01

Jun 7, 2017
Hey All! Does anyone know if I am eligible to apply for an open work permit for my spouse who’s in another country and listed as a non-accompanying member on my application? I currently have a closed work permit which expires in 22 months.
Yes, you're qualified to apply for sure but you must have an noc b,a or 0 designation

sagar416

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
for sending Passports to VFS office in Delhi. My parents have old & new passports, do i need to send expired and new passport both? Also why is VFS asking for two separate packages when both my parent are under one application and to be collected from same home? are they trying to squeeze more money out of us by asking two separate couriers for Applicant & Dependant.

Sukhpreet5

Star Member
Jan 31, 2021
I applied on 12 October for SOWP.
My upfront medicals passed on 1st November. And my review of Eligibility was we are reviewing whether you meet eligibility.
Now my medical is showing:
You do not need medical exam. (most probably coz they are expired now). I do not need them anymore I think as my wife's study permit will expire end of march.
And review of eligibility has gone one step back to
Your application is in progress.
Any update?

Sukhpreet5

Star Member
Jan 31, 2021
Hello friends,
I applied for my wife’s dependent work permit on 19th September 2020. But no updates yet. Her medical was also expired last month on 15 th November 2020.
When she applied for her sowp at that time i have a open work permit now i got my permanent residentship last month.
So any idea about what will happen to her application?
Thanks
Any update?

Sukhpreet5

Star Member
Jan 31, 2021
My spouse applied for Sowp and when she did log in yesterday at that time her ircc profile was updated/ submitted. But everything on her IRCC account was same as earlier. So Does it mean good sign for approval?
She applied for SOWP on 19 th Sep 2020 and after that not a singal update on her file.
Any update?

Neerja.k

Star Member
Sep 1, 2020
Hi guys
if a person is granted a Spousal open work permit , can he travel without a written authorization letter from IRCC or he still needs it?

Neerja.k

Star Member
Sep 1, 2020
Yes waiting for webform’s reply,
How can you say it would be probably in this month ? Have you seen Any similar case ?
Well I am saying that because they have started picking up a lot of applications specially from Jan applicants
also I applied in nov for my husband’s so it’s gonna be 13 weeks soon
and the Canada visa processing time is changed to 13 weeks

Sukhpreet5

Star Member
Jan 31, 2021
Well I am saying that because they have started picking up a lot of applications specially from Jan applicants
also I applied in nov for my husband’s so it’s gonna be 13 weeks soon
and the Canada visa processing time is changed to 13 weeks
I also applied in nov 2 2020?
What is your status right now.
Please tell me

sachsamar1

Feb 17, 2021
I applied for my husband's SOWP and two kids visa on 19 july 2020. Only biometrics are updated. No response after that. Anyone from same timeline can reply here???