+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP 2020

Shahbaz042

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
Hello Everyone, I received biometric letter yesterday on my application after 7 months. It means that an update is expected really soon on my profile. I didn't give upfront medical and I haven't received any medical request till now. Has someone know Is it a negative sign that I got correspondence letter before medical request or is it normal?

bgurram

Mar 2, 2019
Finally, Student's Spouse's SOWP application approved, got PPR today.

2 previous refusals due to insufficient docs.
Applied on 17th July from India
Medical updated 18th Dec, 2020
PPR received 21st Dec, 2020

Hope for THE BEST for everyone waiting for their reply...
Hey Buddy,

How soon you /your spouse are planning on traveling as I see there are travel restrictions and it was not clear for SOWP applications to fill any form to enter Canada. If you got any information I appreciate your response.

Thanks

Buik84

Star Member
Nov 1, 2020
BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
13-05-2020
AOR Received.
23-08-2020
Med's Done....
01-10-2020
- AOR September 8;
- eligibility review started November 24;
- medical passed December 17;
- biometric correspondence letter December 22.

I hope it is gonna be an approval...

Toks01

Jun 7, 2017
Hello Everyone, I received biometric letter yesterday on my application after 7 months. It means that an update is expected really soon on my profile. I didn't give upfront medical and I haven't received any medical request till now. Has someone know Is it a negative sign that I got correspondence letter before medical request or is it normal?
That's not a good sign but I will say you should for their final decision. I wish you all the best

Toks01

Jun 7, 2017
@IndiCad @Toks01

Sorry guys but I have no idea how they prioritize the applications. One thing I can say is, if it took long time, may be its a good sign. They don't wait long to give refusals. For my wife's case, timeline was 20 weeks when I applied. They gave reply exactly after 20 weeks. I also raised webform 40 days ago, but did not get any response.

If you feel like timeline is already over, I suggest you go for CAIPS notes/ATIP request. ATIP (Access to information) just cost $5 and it's processing time is 30 days, it will give you detailed status of your application. That's the best thing we can do while waiting.
Thanks ,I previously requested for caips note before my medical was passed and I have everything passed other than medical and eligibility (review required) but since my medical was passed back on Nov 20, there is no update

kiwi_forever

Nov 18, 2020
Hey Buddy,

How soon you /your spouse are planning on traveling as I see there are travel restrictions and it was not clear for SOWP applications to fill any form to enter Canada. If you got any information I appreciate your response.

Thanks
I am already in Canada, I have heard that as far as your have letter of introduction and authorization to travel it's ok to travel to Canada. Job offer doesn't matter for open work permit holders. So once she gets her TRV on Passport and authorization to travel she will travel to Canada.

I have heard few cases in which they even did not have authorization to travel and just had SOWP. Still they will be able to reach Canada safely, but still better be safe than sorry (good to have authorization from Govt. before travelling).

Same as study permit, they will issue work permit to SOWP holders on arrival.

hardy90

Dec 14, 2020
My spouse applied for Sowp and when she did log in yesterday at that time her ircc profile was updated/ submitted. But everything on her IRCC account was same as earlier. So Does it mean good sign for approval?
She applied for SOWP on 19 th Sep 2020 and after that not a singal update on her file.

Buik84

Star Member
Nov 1, 2020
BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
13-05-2020
AOR Received.
23-08-2020
Med's Done....
01-10-2020
PPR Today! good luck all of you!
my wife’s SOWP timeline:

- AOR September 8;
- biometric correspondence letter December 22;
- PPR December 23.

Reactions: umairabid

hardy90

Dec 14, 2020
my wife’s SOWP timeline:

- AOR September 8;
- PPR December 23.
Congratulations..
You filed from which country?

Buik84

Star Member
Nov 1, 2020
BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
13-05-2020
AOR Received.
23-08-2020
Med's Done....
01-10-2020

Toks01

Jun 7, 2017
my wife’s SOWP timeline:

- AOR September 8;
- PPR December 23.
Congratulations, this just make me sick. Cic is so confused that they don't know how to prioritize their workload, I submitted for my wife way back in April and the last update was Nov 20

Reactions: Buik84

Buik84

Star Member
Nov 1, 2020
BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
13-05-2020
AOR Received.
23-08-2020
Med's Done....
01-10-2020
Congratulations, this just make me sick. Cic is so confused that they don't know how to prioritize their workload, I submitted for my wife way back in April and the last update was Nov 20
Every country has a different processing time. My wife’s country is 16 weeks and they approved it just 2 weeks before the deadline. Stay positive and don’t give up, it will come soon!

Reactions: Toks01

Toks01

Jun 7, 2017
Every country has a different processing time. My wife’s country is 16 weeks and they approved it just 2 weeks before the deadline. Stay positive and don’t give up, it will come soon!
I will, thanks for that but I do have a friend that applied back in June from the same country and got her wife’s approval 3weeks ago but I mean we can only wait and hope that they treat it soon. In fact current processing time for my country is 37 weeks and we are well above that now.
Don’t forget that you will need to apply for travel authorization for your spouse to be able to travel, I wish you all the best

Reactions: Buik84

umairabid

Nov 27, 2020
my wife’s SOWP timeline:

- AOR September 8;
- PPR December 23.
Did your spouse received travel authorization letter?