+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP 2020

jaspreet1512

Apr 13, 2020
Hi all I got medical request today for my Spousal Open Work permit applied online from india. But I haven't done Biometrics yet as you all know that the vfs are not open. What does that mean? Is it Normal and not so happy news ? Are they processing applications without biometrics? How did they sent me medical request without biometrics? Is it a good news for me ?
Hi,

Congratulations! It is certainly a good news. As for biometrics, CIC tweeted that it isn't required for now. You can cross-check. Also, could you please share your timeline?

snehalmk1219

Feb 22, 2018
Hi,

Congratulations! It is certainly a good news. As for biometrics, CIC tweeted that it isn't required for now. You can cross-check. Also, could you please share your timeline?
When did they tweeted that the biometrics are not needed? Its just for the people who are already in canada. Not for the people outside canada. I just checked the tweeter. There's no as such tweet. Could u plz share the link of it?

Shahbaz042

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
When did they tweeted that the biometrics are not needed? Its just for the people who are already in canada. Not for the people outside canada. I just checked the tweeter. There's no as such tweet. Could u plz share the link of it?
Hey. Could you please share your timeline if not shared already. Also what is your spouse status in Canada? Thanks in advance. would be really appreciated

snehalmk1219

Feb 22, 2018
Hey. Could you please share your timeline if not shared already. Also what is your spouse status in Canada? Thanks in advance. would be really appreciated

Application submitted on : 7th july 2020
BIL: 8 july 2020
Medical request: 22 September 2020

What about that tweet sir?

Shahbaz042

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
Application submitted on : 7th july 2020
BIL: 8 july 2020
Medical request: 22 September 2020

What about that tweet sir?
Thanks. What is the spouse status in Canada? I applied for my wife on 23 May with biometric and I am on PGWP. Still no update.

I dont know about the tweet. The best way is to call and verify from CIC helpline.

snehalmk1219

Feb 22, 2018
Thanks. What is the spouse status in Canada? I applied for my wife on 23 May with biometric and I am on PGWP. Still no update.

I dont know about the tweet. The best way is to call and verify from CIC helpline.

My husband is on work permit. Biometrics are required, but m confused how did they requested medical exam if i haven't given biometrics. Strange.

afreshai

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
My husband is on work permit. Biometrics are required, but m confused how did they requested medical exam if i haven't given biometrics. Strange.
Normally for SOWP we provide upfront medical exam. Since u might have not given that they requested you.

Jagan1992

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
You apllied from which country???

norton85

Jun 9, 2020
Hi FRIENDS,

Need your kind input.

I am in canada ...a full time student in an approved institute..

I want to apply for my family...my wife and two kids

1. I dont see any medical forms for my kids... Just my wife...
2. How long it takes to get the medical exam letter?
3. The visa type for my wife be Open Work Permit....and for my kids it should be VISITORS ? right ?