+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP 2020

Kat_

Jun 17, 2020
Category........
FSW
Apply for an extension right before your visitor status expires.
Really? What will my status be after my current visitor visa expires and until I hear back about extension? Could I be deported (or have any other issues) during this time?

Reactions: juned khan

Ayeeshat

Nov 20, 2018
Hi guys,
Need your inputs
My GCMS notes shows my file is approved on may 6th, but there is no update in my profile.
Can i raise a webform regarding this??
Cause i'm in USA on my visit visa and my 6 months stay will be end by this month.

Ayeeshat

Nov 20, 2018
Hi guys,
Need your inputs
My GCMS notes shows my file is approved on may 6th, but there is no update in my profile.
Can i raise a webform regarding this??
Cause i'm in USA on my visit visa and my 6 months stay will be end by this month.

Hello Baradwaj, is it true that applying for Canadian Visa is faster when you apply ONLINE from the US and do you need to provide any document to show legal status in the US. Please kindly respond

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Really? What will my status be after my current visitor visa expires and until I hear back about extension? Could I be deported (or have any other issues) during this time?
You will have implied status until you hear about the approval/refusal of the extension.

Reactions: Kat_

blcoolfemol

Apr 17, 2020
Hello guys.

Please is it possible for me to use my profile of IRCC apply sowp online for my wife and kids?

If yes, please how do I go about.

Please I will be glad if someone can respond urgently

maba

Star Member
May 21, 2014
Hello Baradwaj, is it true that applying for Canadian Visa is faster when you apply ONLINE from the US and do you need to provide any document to show legal status in the US. Please kindly respond
I know by my personal experience that my sister and her family were on visitor visa in US. They applied for Canadian visitor visa thinking shorter processing time. But it actually took the same time as their country of nationality (Pakistan). And yes you have to have legal status in US. They were on visitor status.

naina13

Apr 22, 2019
Sounds like your spouse is on a WP so you would have to be granted special permission to travel to Canada with or without your SOWP.
I am on a work permit and working in Canada. My spouse is in India and holds a TRV valid until May 2021. He wants to visit me in October or November. Is it wise to apply for SOWP from Canada or India? Can you please suggest.

naina13

Apr 22, 2019
I have already applied work permit online and have a visitor visa too. Can I still just go to Canada and get work permit at port of entry? I want to go after they pull travel restrictions.
Did you get an answer for this?

vishal6557

Sep 4, 2020
I'm in US(Indian Citizen) is going to be in Canada in the study visa. I have a visitor visa in Canada. Got AIP of my wife for study permit. Do you guys know, once she is in Canada and enrolled in the class, Can I get SOWP on the port of entry in Canada?

Reactions: Lola2019

EmanSkyeSeth

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hi,
Anyone here on the same boat as I am? I have applied for SOWP from Kuwait and had done my biometrics on 26th November 2019. Until now I haven't received any decision, had tried sending webform three weeks ago and Abu Dhabi visa office replied that delay was due to COVID. I am getting impatient now as I have been waiting for 9 months now..
Are they issuing any work permit as of this moment? or all applications were on hold?

maba

Star Member
May 21, 2014
If person is eligible for SOWP and application is in process. Would finding a job and job offer in NOC skill level B facilitate the application and make it essential travel.
Please reply

wang0209

May 24, 2020
Hello,i have been reject 5 time before, this is not the point.(almost every time due to purpose of visit. I got the nots, is just excuse. ,I explain it with evidences ,is just not working, at that time ,my spouse identity as a master student,,so after the 5th times reject I stop applying。2 student 2 SOWP 1 family visit)
The point is ,after last rejection has past for one year.Now my spouse MBA graduated with PGWP,and having a NO A job for 3 months, with more than 3 pay stubs, we get married for 2 years, separated for 2 years.right now, if I apply ,what is the success chance for us applying for SOWP??

Happy1064

Jul 3, 2020
Hello,i have been reject 5 time before, this is not the point.(almost every time due to purpose of visit. I got the nots, is just excuse. ,I explain it with evidences ,is just not working, at that time ,my spouse identity as a master student,,so after the 5th times reject I stop applying。2 student 2 SOWP 1 family visit)
The point is ,after last rejection has past for one year.Now my spouse MBA graduated with PGWP,and having a NO A job for 3 months, with more than 3 pay stubs, we get married for 2 years, separated for 2 years.right now, if I apply ,what is the success chance for us applying for SOWP??
Everything is ok...... this visa category is based on relationship...
You have to provide strong relationship proofs
Joint account
Marriage certificate
Financial proofs
Calling history and chat
Video call screenshots etc..

snehalmk1219

Feb 22, 2018
Hi all I got medical request today for my Spousal Open Work permit applied online from india. But I haven't done Biometrics yet as you all know that the vfs are not open. What does that mean? Is it Normal and not so happy news ? Are they processing applications without biometrics? How did they sent me medical request without biometrics? Is it a good news for me ?