+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP 2016 applicants

HARSH131010190

Star Member
Aug 28, 2015
i have applied for my spouse open work permit on 22 june 2016.and i got rejection latter says that you do not have enough funds.
i have showed $10,000 in my account and in her account in india it was $8000.

i dont know what to do now?

any comments please?

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
HARSH131010190,

u can try ordering gcms notes for now since these officers never intend to tell u the exact reasons. also u can email a program manager at the visa office in india of whichever city u reside or simply delhi, to request for reconsideration.

i got refused with the point of personal assets and financial status even though i showed 6800 $ while my lawyer only ask me to show a minimum 5000. its very disturbing how cic makes decisions. im on my way to make this last attempt by email if this also fails. I have no option but to ask my wife to come back. there is no point of all this sacrifice if we family cant even stay together. gudluck

Sherry123

May 10, 2016
Hey yadav..

How can we reconsider the case?? And I sent her file to Delhi visa office..
And how can we email program manager??
Do you have email address for them?

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
Sherry123,

basically wat i have learned thru the forum till now is that if ur refused even after putting up all the paperwork, u may email delhi canada office with ur reuqest to reconsider ur application. You may attach any evidence to tackle the refusal reason at the same time or simple wait for them to get back to u asking for an explanation and then u cn provide documents. Though it is not assured that they will overturn the decision. it is really upto the officer, try to be humble with ur email and show your concerns and support ur application with important facts. In my case i already have 4 refusal now 2 trv 2 sowp my lawyer has already said not try any soon though but he advised u could email program manager at delhi office. Im not aware abt the persons name so im only gonna say "Dear Consular officer" for the email add you can chk the canada high commission india website for ther contact email. i really hope this way it works. gudluck n god bless

HARSH131010190

Star Member
Aug 28, 2015
General inquiries: delhi@international.gc.ca

Visas and Immigration: delhi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

Media relations: delhi-advocacy@international.gc.ca

Consular services: delhi.consular@international.gc.ca

Trade inquiries: india.commerce@international.gc.ca

on which email add should i send email??

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
HARSH131010190

since it is a visa and immigration related issue ur suppose to email this but u may want to cc the consular services in the email.

delhi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
any1 here who has been refused there visa and has been suggested by ther lawyer to get a letter of recommendation from ur local MP in canada?

blikpils

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Done....
27-07-2016
I applied in June 1 and no update yet. Tomorrow is it a 100 days ago so hope to receive something soon

Preetjas

Star Member
Mar 25, 2015
yadav said:
any1 here who has been refused there visa and has been suggested by ther lawyer to get a letter of recommendation from ur local MP in canada?
never but it's good I did when I did my study permit. First I had rejection then I got recommendation letter from local mp (England) then I got aprroval. Not bad idea

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
Preetjas,

thanks dear, cos our local MP in Barrie Sir Alex has agreed to issue me a letter of recommendation last evening. I'm really hoping this helps. but can any1 suggest that wether best is to email cic program manager for reconsideration along with recommendation letter or simply make a new application again? cos this im refused 4 times now

anttor

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
What is the chances of getting approved after receiving the medical request?
applied on May 13
Medical request Aug - 29

chetanpatel85

Sep 14, 2016
I have applied for sowp on 11th Aug '16 and it is in process at vfs b'lore. But my spouse has been laid off by the employer. So, does her unemployment affects on sowp application? do i need to inform them about her unemployment?

Thanks

ajsingh

Star Member
Aug 26, 2013
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney (Nova Scotia)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-12-2016
AOR Received.
02-03-2017
chetanpatel85 said:
I have applied for sowp on 11th Aug '16 and it is in process at vfs b'lore. But my spouse has been laid off by the employer. So, does her unemployment affects on sowp application? do i need to inform them about her unemployment?

Thanks
Hi, sad to hear about your spouse being laid off, but here are two things to consider:

Primary Do you need to inform CIC?
Answer. Yes. You need to inform CIC, and if your husband's employment status is not valid, then your work permit may be (sadly it will be) rejected. Because As per the requirements of SOWP, your spouse should be working on a specific job level.

secondary but important: WHEN should you inform CIC?

Answer. Following are scenarios regarding WHEN part:

1. If your spouse can find a job of required level in few weeks while it is being processed, then you can wait to inform CIC for few weeks about change of his job which won't affect your application, but you will have to inform them eventually .

2. If you donot inform CIC at this point, and later you are issued Visa... then on entry to Canada, before issuing your Open Work Permit, CIC officers have right to ask for documents of your spouse's employment. AT THAT POINT YOU HAVE TO PROVE THAT YOUR IS WORKING ON THE REQUIRED LEVEL OF JOB. If you can't prove it, then you may have to go back.

3. [you need to be lucky in this case] If you donot inform CIC, you are issued VISA, and your spouse still can't find job.. and on Airport [border/point of entry to canada], it is possible that officer doesn't ask for any additional documents and issue your work permit.

So, it's upto you what would you like to do. i will say discuss all the 3 scenarios of WHEN to tell CIC with your spouse, and then decide.

Hope it helps.

All the best. :)

navnkg

Sep 15, 2016
Hi, I am on an open work permit in Canada and I am getting married in Nov-2016.
My fiancee is in India. Let's say my fiancee applies for the visitor visa with marital status as Single. After marriage, she will be able to visit Canada on the visitor visa.

If I apply for the work permit for my spouse in Canada, will there be a problem in visa approval as her marital status will be changed by then?

Has someone faced this situation or please suggest the best possible approach getting my fiancee here.

Appreciate any kind suggestions...

ufarooqi1981

Aug 3, 2016
Got my SOWP approved and Visa Stamped. Big Thanks to this group and everyone who helped out. keep up the good work guys.

So for the timelines

Applied Online: 9th June 2016
Medical: Not required as i live in Hungary.
Average processing time from Hungary: 6 weeks
Received Passport request: 8th Sep 2016
Passport sent: 9th Sep 2016 to Vienna office
Passport pickup confirmation: 12th Sep 2016
Passport received: 16th Sep 2016.

Thanks & Best wishes to all those who are waiting. Good luck guys