NA
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
NA
LANDED..........
NA
Hello everybody,

Is anybody here applied with a job under NOC c or d and got SOWP???

guyinvisible

May 20, 2016
Hi All, Applied for SOWP on Nov 17 for spouse and both kids through a lawyer (Canada) online. Elder one got her visa in Dec but nothing till date for spouse and younger one. Timing has been 14 weeks. Any suggestions?

paul234

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2017
Doc's Request.
03-05-17
Med's Request
03-05-17
Interview........
03-05-17
Passport Req..
...waiting...
Hi,

Posting this through my husband's account.
I applied for SOWP on 9th of Jan, 2017, based off of my husband's PGWP (NOC A job). I applied online, and the application is processed in New Delhi office (bangalore office confirmed this for me).
There has not been any movement with my application so far. No intimation to submit medical exam or additional documents. I think processing has not started for it yet. Into eighth week now, so I'm a bit worried as the processing times say it should take 9-10 weeks overall to complete processing and mine hasn't started yet.
Has anyone else who applied around that period heard back from CIC? If so, can you provide your timeline?
Thanks!

P.S: I haven't submitted my spouse's job offer details or pay stubs yet. Could that be a reason for the delay?

asdfgh123

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
Hi Paul,
Greeting,

As far as i understand the situation, this application is incomplete if you haven't provided the Letter specifying his/her job duties and NOC level and pay slips. I believe that they will ask you to provide further documentation before reaching on final decision. This may also be a possible reason for delay.

Rgeards

paul234

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2017
Doc's Request.
03-05-17
Med's Request
03-05-17
Interview........
03-05-17
Passport Req..
...waiting...
Has anyone who made online application towards end of December 2016 heard back from cic? The 10 week processing time they mention for India must have passed for the December applications, correct?
And thanks for the info, asdfgh123, it was brainfreeze from me not to include it during initial application. The application package didn't mention these docs and I thought I needed to provide these only once they asked. Hopefully it will result only in delays and not in rejection.

Floje

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2015
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2015
Med's Request
May 11, 2015
Med's Done....
May 20, 2015 Med's Passed.: May 28, 2015 Refused........: June 3, 2015 Second App...: June 4, 2015
Passport Req..
June 15, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 15, 2015
LANDED..........
August 21, 2015
My wife applied for SOWP on March 8th, 2017. I am in my final year as an international student and I just wrote my last exam yesterday. We haven't heard from her application yet. She already passed her medicals on March 29th.

Am I still considered a student even if I already wrote my last exam yesterday? My study permit is valid until July 31st, 2017. Is my wife still eligible for the SOWP?

Any input will be appreciated.

Amit1529

Aug 22, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Dec-2016
Doc's Request.
08-Mar-2017
AOR Received.
11-Dec-2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
paul234 said:
Hi,

I applied for SOWP on 9th of Jan, 2017, based off of my husband's PGWP (NOC A job). I applied online, and the application is processed in New Delhi office (bangalore office confirmed this for me).
There has not been any movement with my application so far. No intimation to submit medical exam or additional documents. I think processing has not started for it yet. Into eighth week now, so I'm a bit worried as the processing times say it should take 9-10 weeks overall to complete processing and mine hasn't started yet.
Has anyone else who applied around that period heard back from CIC? If so, can you provide your timeline?
Thanks!

P.S: I haven't submitted my spouse's job offer details or pay stubs yet. Could that be a reason for the delay?

Hello Paul1234, did you get any further update from CIC ?

paul234

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2017
Doc's Request.
03-05-17
Med's Request
03-05-17
Interview........
03-05-17
Passport Req..
...waiting...
Naah, nothing since that acknowledgement email they sent on 9th Jan. :/
15 weeks over, still waiting

rima.mn

Jul 30, 2017
U have to show minimun $10000 in ur canadian acount
For safeside ur wife hv to show min 3-4 lack rupees three month statement in indian
And your job offer ltr should clear all the responsibilities about ur job
Explain briefly ur cover letter
Last time which method u choose online ur paper?
hi,
Is it mandatory to show $10000 in canadian account for applying sowp.
thanks

rima.mn

Jul 30, 2017
hi
Hi,

Thanks!

hi,
Can u plz provide list of doc u submitted through online.
Thanks

rima.mn

Jul 30, 2017
Hi Sonika
Can you explain me about Notice of assessment ?i'm not aware of it
hi dear,
Can u provide me the sample for invitation letter and letter of explanation. Also i have a question how much minimum balance spouse should maintain in his account.Please help.
Thanks

twin

Star Member
Jun 19, 2017
Hey all..

I am very happy to let you all know that finally after 5 rejections I have got my SOWP approved!!.. :) All the best to all the applicants waiting for the visa..!!

Thanks
dAnsh
Hi dear,
My case is similar to yours. i would like to get some suggestions from you, you can help me?

fq786

Jun 9, 2021
Hi Keyur...could you please tell me what option did your wife tick for the IMM5257B form - 'Principal Applicant' or 'Spouse of Principal Applicant'?

I am asking because my husband is already in Canada on Study permit, and i applied for SOWP now, and selected the option 'Spouse of Principal Applicant'. But i am confused now, after reading some forums whether i should have ticked 'Principal Applicant'.

Waiting for your response!

Thanks!
I am tripping over the same question too, can you share what you did and was your SOWP approved?
Thank you