NOC Code......
B
App. Filed.......
06-03-2017
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
jasvir89khattra said:
Hi Experts,

Need your inputs, I am from India, My spouse is in Canada on study permit, her study visa is valid till July 2017. Can I apply for Spouse Open Work permit right now? ::)

Thanks in advance. :)
Hi
i'm also in the same situation.My spouse is in work permit and it valid till June 2017.i'm planning to apply SOWP before this month ends

Ush

Aug 9, 2016
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
B
App. Filed.......
06-03-2017
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
SonikaRJ said:
Thanks Rabrakha

First attempt was online n File ws in chandigarh embassy,, Following were the documents which i attached:

FORMS:
IMM1295
IMM5645
IMM5488

RELATIONSHIP PROOF:
Marriage Certificate
Marriage Ceremony Pictures

MAIN APPLICANT’S:
Passport original & photocopy
Educational documents
Emedical
Photographs(passport specific)
Experience Letter

SPOUSE’S DOCUMENTS:
Tenancy agreement
Visa
Passport
Work permit
Notice of assessment
Employment letter
Pay stubs
Educational document
Bank statement
NOC Code
Job profile & Description

LETTER:
Invitation letter
Letter of explanation

FUNDS are not required it ur spouse's job falls on NOC O,A or B
Hi Sonika
Can you explain me about Notice of assessment ?i'm not aware of it

Ush

Aug 9, 2016
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
B
App. Filed.......
06-03-2017
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
Hi
Is anyone applied for SOWP recently.?
Plz share ur timeline

RS488

Jan 3, 2017
keyur sharma said:
SOWP online application while SPOUSE in india
Date of application:- 12th October
Medical request:- 25th November
Medical done:- 2nd December
Passport request:- 9th December
Passport returned with visa:- 16th December
Wife is coming on 24th December..
Hi Keyur...could you please tell me what option did your wife tick for the IMM5257B form - 'Principal Applicant' or 'Spouse of Principal Applicant'?

I am asking because my husband is already in Canada on Study permit, and i applied for SOWP now, and selected the option 'Spouse of Principal Applicant'. But i am confused now, after reading some forums whether i should have ticked 'Principal Applicant'.

Waiting for your response!

Thanks!

sidduca

Jan 4, 2017
abhilasha said:
Hi Akash,

Could you please let me know what all documents you submitted as I am also planning to apply for SOWP. My husband is a Post Graduate student in Montreal.I applied first time in July and was rejected.

I would really appreciate if you can help me.

Regards
Abhilasha
hi akash did u applied ...if u applied can u tell me what are the documents u was submitted

sidduca

Jan 4, 2017
asdfgh123 said:
Dear All,
I am writing this post understanding the lack of knowledge we all feel in this regards and the pain you have to take to grab all that knowledge.
I am writing all the details you will need for Spouse open work permit for international students. Wink I am a full time international student here in Canada. I came here in Sept 2016 intake. Just after landing in Canada in September 2016, i applied for open work permit for my spouse. I got married in 2015 and just after coming here i applied online with all these docs.
Applicant's docs (My spouse):
Passport
Highest education degree
Marriage Certificate
Marriage Picture (For assuring marriage was genuine)
Experience Letter from current employer (If working somewhere in India or your home country)
Medical Examination

My documents as sponsor:
Passport
Study Permit
College offer letter
College id card(To prove that i am successfully enrolled and studying full time)
Family info Form (Can download from CIC website)

I applied online with a fee of CAD 255 and created and uploaded all docs online.
No attestation required, no hassle at all.

These are the only docs i provided and with the grace of god, she got her visa in a month. Cheesy In the first week of this month she got her visa stamped.

All the people who are tying for same, feel free to shoot me a mail if any doubts are there. If you follow the correct procedure, this is really very easy and non hectic procedure to get your loved ones here with u.
All the best to all. Grin Grin
Hi congrats and u not submitted any proof of funds I mean bank statements ....is they not require or how it should be ....u submitted any explanation letter if u did can u please tell me how u explained

Dipankar_S

Dec 27, 2016
Applied for my Open Work permit from Bangalore via VFS Paper based. Timelines as below.

24th Oct: Paper based with upfront medicals and passport.

No response till now. Sent an email, written request of status, case specific query. But have not received any response.

My wife has a valid studemt visa and she is travelling today. We really wanted to go together as its been 3 years we have been together and never wanted to stay away. This is a great emotional and stressful situation. No response from CIC at all? I am not sure what more can be done to get a response atleast.

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
hey Dipankar_S,

first of all i suggest u stay positive. wen me n some other applied we had to wait like 4 months or more just to have a result. and in my case i have been refused 4 times already 2 for trv visitor and 2 sowp. i have been with my wife since 2008 and married in 2014. i guess thats also a fair time to believe i had a hard time being away from her. I didnt tell u my refusal to discourage u but to encourage u to be strong to overcome this process.

so all i have learned from this process is keep your patience and leave it to god and the human gods sitting in cic office.

Gudluck and relax
if its for your it shall arrive but hold on and dont give up buddy!!!

Peace

Unsung

Jun 13, 2016
yadav said:
hey Dipankar_S,

first of all i suggest u stay positive. wen me n some other applied we had to wait like 4 months or more just to have a result. and in my case i have been refused 4 times already 2 for trv visitor and 2 sowp. i have been with my wife since 2008 and married in 2014. i guess thats also a fair time to believe i had a hard time being away from her. I didnt tell u my refusal to discourage u but to encourage u to be strong to overcome this process.

so all i have learned from this process is keep your patience and leave it to god and the human gods sitting in cic office.

Gudluck and relax
if its for your it shall arrive but hold on and dont give up buddy!!!

Peace
Hey Yadav, it's been a long time, has ur SOWP approved now?

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
hey Unsung,

no buddy i never tried since last year aug. that was my last application. im thinking to make a new one but honestly not getting any help or advice on how to do it. as this would be my 5th time. im heartbroken and have 0 confidence to try
:(

libra16

Dec 20, 2016
Hi _ belde,

I request you to please give me suggestion
1. as what to be written in cover letter ( what all it should contain )
2. What should be written on Invitation Letter
3. What should be the normal purpose of OWP written in words
4. Should all the appointment resignation letter Pay slips from previous jobs should they be submitted ( a copy)
5. Funds to be shown please approx. suggest
6. Should current job be resigned before applying SOWP

your help is very appreciated ... deeply request your guidance

sincere thanks ,