+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP 2016 applicants

anuragshah89

Star Member
May 24, 2014
Hello Guys,
My wife got open work permit rejection 3 times.
First time we applied on November 2015 and she got rejected for following reasons:
- Family ties in Canada and in country of residence
- length of proposed stay in Canada
- Purpose of visit
- Personal assets and financial status
Second time we applied on February 2016 and got rejection for following reasons:
- from the documents you have submitted to support your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements under C42 issuance.
Third time we applied on July 2016 and got rejection for following reasons:
- Family ties in Canada and in country of residence
- employment prospectus in country of residence
- current employment situation
- Purpose of visit
- Spouse’s current employment in Canada

I was on student visa when we applied for 2 times but during 3rd time my status was work permit and I was having a full time job(NOC B).

I am really pissed off with this process and I have no clue. Please guys advise me what should I do now?

TorontoMo

Dec 14, 2014
My wife's SOWP was rejected this morning with reason by VO as 'I'm unsatisfied with relationship' WTF. I have sent an email to Delhi Consular for reconsideration with all proofs of our relationship (whatsapp, skype, phone calls, wedding and honeymoon pictures, insurance beneficiaries, my will which has wife as a beneficiary, passport copy which has my name as husband, marriage certificate, wedding invitation card, and more).

Experts, do you think they will reconsider my application or should I reapply? Please help out folks, I will appreciate.

blikpils

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Done....
27-07-2016
Just a heads up, my paper application of june 1 has been approved today

Cotton_Candy

Feb 24, 2016
My OWP has been rejected for the second time. The first time I applied from India, offline mode through VFS, the reason for rejection was:
1) length of proposed stay in Canada
2) you do not meet the eligibility criteria for a work permit

My husband is a full time student in Humber college and I'm eligible for an Open work permit, so I was really confused. So I took the advice of many people and used immigration lawyers from Niren Associates,Toronto...made strong cover letters along with sufficient funds, and all the necessary documents to apply for the second time. But again, my application has been rejected stating the reason:
1) not satisfied with relationship.

this is the only reason and no other reason was mentioned in the CIC decision letter.

I have showed our marriage & reception photos, photos taken together in foreign trips, facebook chats, marriage certificate etc. What else can I show as a proof of relationship now that I'm planning to apply for the third time?

My husband will be applying for GCMS notes today to see the specific reasons for rejection and I think he will receive the notes within 30 days.

We got married in November 2014 and my husband left to Canada in September 2015. I understand that we stayed together only for a short period of time and the VO doesn't believe in short courtships like this one. How can I make my case stronger when I apply for the third time?

Also, when we applied the addresses in our passports were different. My husband had the address of his hometown, as his passport was an old one. Could this be a reason as well?

Should I apply for a OWP again or a Temporary Resident Visa? Please help me. Thank you.

Cotton_Candy

Feb 24, 2016
TorontoMo said:
My wife's SOWP was rejected this morning with reason by VO as 'I'm unsatisfied with relationship' WTF. I have sent an email to Delhi Consular for reconsideration with all proofs of our relationship (whatsapp, skype, phone calls, wedding and honeymoon pictures, insurance beneficiaries, my will which has wife as a beneficiary, passport copy which has my name as husband, marriage certificate, wedding invitation card, and more).

Experts, do you think they will reconsider my application or should I reapply? Please help out folks, I will appreciate.
I dont really know what else they need. My OWP was rejected quoting the same reason. I don't really know what else to show :-(

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
any1 has any idea who is the current program manager at canadian high commission new delhi and their email address
?

param.tiger

Jul 27, 2016
Hi guys
I am a full time student in canada. SOWP of my spouse refused stating funds of your spouse in canada are not adequate.

Please advise me following;-
Q1. In proof of funds one of my account (Approx INR 12 lakhs (approx 24000 CAD) ) was a joint account with my mother. I understand that they would have not considered that.
However, The funds are old (2 years). So should I remove my mothers name from the account, make it single account and reapply
OR
I transfer that amount to Canada Account ?

Q2. If I transfer it to Canada account now, then in that case also I have to wait for 3-4 months to generate bank statement or statement of account of Canada account can be as on date ?

Any expert advise please!!! Thanks in anticipation.

veritas

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Someone on this thread had posted the following link to check the application status:

https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/eta/applicationQuery?lang=en&_ga=1.165476543.141049417.1447965433

I entered my file number and other details and my status says 'Final decision reached' but it doesn't say approved or refused. Does this link show this status to everyone?

I submitted a paper application and linked it to my online CIC account. According to the status of my cic account my application hasn't even started processing yet.

Please help, really confused.

Hiii

Star Member
Aug 6, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Its for Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) Status not SOWP. Here we are discussing SOWP.

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
The link does work. I do understand that its for ETA. You can call it a hit and try, but when we received the application number which starts with W in our case. i somehow found this link, filled all the required information and used to track the status of my husband's application. At that time I guess there was no option to link paper application to your online account or may be I wasnt aware of one.
Upon his approval we received 2 email saying passport has been dispatched. There was no way to figure our if it an approval or refusal until unless you receive your passport.

I went on the same link and the status was changed to Approved. This link have worked for so many other users on this forum.

veritas

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hiii said:
Its for Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) Status not SOWP. Here we are discussing SOWP.
When you enter an application number starting with W it gives you the status of your work permit. My decision status info section mentioned 'Approved means your work permit has been approved' and so on for refused and cancelled.

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
Veritas,

if it says ur approved in eta status believe it then. 2 times i saw my refusal there n the very moment i contacted my lawyer it indeed was a refusal. some people will think it will not give the status but it does. but if ur still doubtful chk ur cic account or ask ur representative if u used one.

hopeful.ad

Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Novascotia, sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 23, 2015
Nomination.....
September, 2015
AOR Received.
March 11, 2016
IELTS Request
already submitted
Med's Request
Nov 02nd
Med's Done....
Nov 23rd
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
already in Canada
Link tells the status of your application. I checked my refused application status and that link gives the correct status. My status showing this;

Application status Open

A final decision has been reached Not Started

eTA number

Expiry date

A review of your file is underway. Information on the status of your eTA will be emailed to you within 72 hours.

Hiii

Star Member
Aug 6, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
veritas said:
When you enter an application number starting with W it gives you the status of your work permit. My decision status info section mentioned 'Approved means your work permit has been approved' and so on for refused and cancelled.
Really?
But how can I check for mine. I submit paper application. I have only tracking id and reference number.

veritas

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hiii said:
Really?
But how can I check for mine. I submit paper application. I have only tracking id and reference number.
I sent a Case Specific Enquiry to the VAC where my application is in process and asked them to enter my application in the system so I could connect my paper application to my online CIC account. They entered it and sent me my application number starting with W.