+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP 2016 applicants

shilpasarawagi

Dec 22, 2015
Hi,

I am planning to submit in 1-2 days. Just collecting docs. Can anyone tell me if VFSglobal application is faster or if done online?

Mohit_ind

Dec 18, 2015
I would say benefits of submitting at VFS are way more. You can make a pile of all documents which you think are relevant and hand over at VFS whereas online you just have limited links to upload docs.
In any case the passport will be submitted at VFS for visa stamping later in case you opt for online.

Please keep us updated about what all documents you are planning to attach n progress.
All the best

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
Mohit_ind said:
I would say benefits of submitting at VFS are way more. You can make a pile of all documents which you think are relevant and hand over at VFS whereas online you just have limited links to upload docs.
In any case the passport will be submitted at VFS for visa stamping later in case you opt for online.

Please keep us updated about what all documents you are planning to attach n progress.
All the best
Even if you go in person. VFS agents doesn't let you submit all of the docs you have. Try to minimize them as best you can, and be prepared for an argument before you got for submission. Due to so much of their cranking attitude my husband wasn't able to submit some important docs. They just don't want to include what you insist for.

belde

Dec 11, 2015
Hi I applied on 4th January
I submitted
Enclosures;
Documents from applicant:
Application forms
Cover letter
Passport (original)
Old passport (photocopy)
Photographs (2)
Wedding invitation card
Marriage certificate
Wedding photographs
Bachelor’s degree certificate
Current offer letter
Pay slips
Salary account statements
Communication Proof (Whatsapp chat and call history screenshots)
NOC from parents
NOC from in laws

Documents from Spouse:
Invitation letter
Passport copy
Study visa copy
Work permit copy
Employer‘s reference letter (confirming the NOC code)
Screenshot from CIC confirming skill level
Latest 6 months pay slips
Latest 6 months salary account statements
Income tax returns
Phone bill

Hope this is helpful.

b4ahmad

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
I am also going to apply in few days for my spouse open work permit. But I am also applying my Post graduate work permit at the same time, as I am just done with my studies. I have job offer in NOC A, and will attach that letter with her application.

I will update here, once I submit and get any kind of confirmation.

b4ahmad

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
But i will apply online, previously my wife applied through VFS 2times and both time it was rejected (Visitor visa).

If you need PDF converter I will suggest use "doPDF" just go to site http://www.dopdf.com/ and download free version.

If you need to combine various PDF files together, you can use "Nitro PDF" go to link https://www.gonitro.com/pdf-reader

I hope it helps

aprillee

Star Member
Dec 8, 2015
my spouse is coming to Canada this week, he has an open work permit so he needs to find a NOC 0, A, B job and only then I can apply for a SOWP. How long do you think he should work before I fill out the application form? Is 1 month enough?

Roopa.gr

Dec 11, 2013
4th time lucky Cheesy
By god's grace I have finally received my SOWP approval after a very long wait & previous 3 visitor visa refusals.

Application submitted - 18th Dec,15 ( @ VFS Bangalore with upfront medicals & passport)
Approval email received - 19th Jan,16
Passport - currently dispatched

My request to everyone planning their move to Canada... Dream BIG & Don't give up on your dreams under any circumstance. Ensure that your application is extremely strong with all relevant papers. Incase of prior refusals, seek CAIPS/GCMS notes before applying again.

All the best & I pray to god that all deserving applicants get their approvals soon.

jijialex

Star Member
Nov 10, 2013
Roopa.gr said:
4th time lucky Cheesy
By god's grace I have finally received my SOWP approval after a very long wait & previous 3 visitor visa refusals.

Application submitted - 18th Dec,15 ( @ VFS Bangalore with upfront medicals & passport)

My request to everyone planning their move to Canada... Dream BIG & Don't give up on your dreams under any circumstance. Ensure that your application is extremely strong with all relevant papers. Incase of prior refusals, seek CAIPS/GCMS notes before applying again.

All the best & I pray to god that all deserving applicants get their approvals soon.
Congrats...please provide before status and what are the documents you submitted in Bangalore

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
Roopa.gr said:
4th time lucky Cheesy

Congrats for an approval. hopefully we will get a response soon

rkapoor

Feb 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
we have applied online. So is there any way that we can check whether it will process in New Delhi, Chandigarh or Bangalore VFS.?
Because earlier for processing times it was 2 months for New Delhi and Bangalore but 4 months for Chandigarh. Not sure about new one as its showing 2 months for all the applications for India.

Looking at the responses in forum I assume they have started working on the applications submitted in December 2015.

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
rkapoor said:
we have applied online. So is there any way that we can check whether it will process in New Delhi, Chandigarh or Bangalore VFS.?
Because earlier for processing times it was 2 months for New Delhi and Bangalore but 4 months for Chandigarh. Not sure about new one as its showing 2 months for all the applications for India.

Looking at the responses in forum I assume they have started working on the applications submitted in December 2015.
When did you apply?