+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP 2016 applicants

ashwanijha86

Jan 1, 2016
Hi
My wife has applied for SOWP from VFS new Delhi on 14th of January. We are still waiting for the approval from CIC.
We are keeping our fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Cheers

syed_muzaffar

Jan 12, 2016
ashwanijha86 said:
Hi
My wife has applied for SOWP from VFS new Delhi on 14th of January. We are still waiting for the approval from CIC.
We are keeping our fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Cheers
can you please let me know the timeline from india ? for SWOP

ashwanijha86

Jan 1, 2016
Generally, it takes 2 months, if you apply via VFS new Delhi or Bangalore. Chandigarh CVAC will take approximately 4 months.
Don't apply for SOWP using online CIC it is better if you apply through VFS with loads of paper.

belde

Dec 11, 2015
I have a doubt regarding SOWP i know that husband has to fall under NOC 0,A or B for spouse to apply for SOWP but i wanted to know whether husband has to have a minimum salary?Is there any range?

nurat

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
The SOWP application does not ask for salary, hence NO. However, NOC is important because that is the basis for applying for a SOWP.

aprillee

Star Member
Dec 8, 2015
my spouse just received his pay stub, but it says that he works as a cook-busboy. His letter of employment says that he mainly works as a cook, but when necessary he is a busboy. Does anyone know if his job falls under NOC B code for cooks?

belde

Dec 11, 2015
Hi guys
Today status on the portal says passport has been dispatched how can we know whether my visa approved or rejected is there any other source to view status without getting passport ??

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
belde said:
Hi guys
Today status on the portal says passport has been dispatched how can we know whether my visa approved or rejected is there any other source to view status without getting passport ??
hey Belde,
go to this website.
https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/eta/applicationQuery?lang=en&_ga=1.165476543.141049417.1447965433

Put your information in and the application # is the one you have received from cic or in the email

ashpur88

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey everyone,

I had a couple of questions regarding SOWP and I hope you guys can help me out. I am going to apply online for my wife and have just finished the questionnaire and looking at all the documents CIC is asking.

1. I don't see a link that requires me to upload my Work Permit. I find that strange because SOWP depends on my WP, right? Have you guys had this issue or am I missing something?

2. I work at one of the banks in Toronto and my job lies in the required NOC categories. However, the letter provided to me by my employer does not state the NOC category. It just mentions my job title and salary. Is that sufficient?

I am just being asked to upload IMM1295, Proof of Medical test, Proof of Relationship and Digital photo. Have I filled the questionnaire wrong?

Truly appreciate any insights I can get

belde

Dec 11, 2015
Hi I applied for SOWP and it got rejected stating reason as
" You have not demonstrated that you come within the exceptions under section 186 of the
Regulations exempting you from the requirement to obtain a work permit or that your
employment in Canada comes within the exceptions to section 203 of the Regulations. As a
result, your offer of employment must be the subject of an economic effect determination before
a work permit can be issued to you. Your employer in Canada should contact the local office of
Service Canada to begin this process."
Im not understanding what to do know Please reply ASAP I dint und the reason they specified.

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
ashpur88 said:
Hey everyone,

I had a couple of questions regarding SOWP and I hope you guys can help me out. I am going to apply online for my wife and have just finished the questionnaire and looking at all the documents CIC is asking.

1. I don't see a link that requires me to upload my Work Permit. I find that strange because SOWP depends on my WP, right? Have you guys had this issue or am I missing something?

2. I work at one of the banks in Toronto and my job lies in the required NOC categories. However, the letter provided to me by my employer does not state the NOC category. It just mentions my job title and salary. Is that sufficient?

I am just being asked to upload IMM1295, Proof of Medical test, Proof of Relationship and Digital photo. Have I filled the questionnaire wrong?

Truly appreciate any insights I can get
Hi,

I am not sure where you will attach the documents as I applied a paper based application. The processing time for online application is somewhat around 3-4 months. Thats why we choose to apply as a paper based application.
Just your job offer letter is not enough. You can have your employer provide you a letter stating your noc annual salary job duties and responsibilities as well. You can certainly attach your pay stubs to show the income coming in your account.
And it doesn't seems like you have filled a wrong questionnaire as online system doesn't give you much flexibility to provide supporting documents whereas if you plan to apply a paper based application you can provide as much documents as you want.

Hope it helps

Mjmj1234

Mar 12, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Inland applicant Dec. 15, 2015 received cic
Doc's Request.
July 26 rprf schedule A .. picture
AOR Received.
march 8 2016
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
nov 2 2016
Med's Done....
nov 29 med passed
Interview........
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
sooon
hi submitted sowp december 15,2015
medical done dec 23,2015
until now nothing changes
hoping for sowp approval for my wife soon

b4ahmad

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
I applied ONLINE for my spouse open work permit on 17-Jan-2016, she is in Pakistan. Attached upfront medical exam, and other supporting documents.( I have job in NOC 2133) Still no response from CIC.

BTW, now CIC is preferring online applications, as in their new system they can process online applications anywhere in the world, so applications may get processed quickly (My thoughts). You can attach all supporting documents in "Explanation letter" under one file. Here is the link of CIC for above information,
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1185&top=3

Prior to December 31, 2015, processing times for many of our services were displayed by visa office. This was useful when applications for permanent or temporary residence were always processed by the nearest visa office. However, we now have the ability to move applications around our global network to ensure they are processed as efficiently as possible. This means your application may not be processed at the office closest to where you live.

khushm27

Feb 19, 2016
Navprateek said:
My Husband got two email saying that his passport has been dispatched. He applied through VFS New Delhi. Timelines:

Applied on :21st dec
Med Req: 07 Jan
Med done: 13th Jan
email/approval: 27th Jan

It doesn't say in the email if your application has been approved or not for paper based ones. But when you go to tracking on CIC not on VFS it changed the status from in progress to approved and gave me an ETA number as well.
With god's grace finally we will be together soon. ;D ;D
I wish good luck to all the applicants and pray to get the positive results soon!
Hi Navprateek,

Congratulations on your visa approval. That was really fast!

Can you please let me know what all documents you attached with your application.