+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Soft Landing same day return through Buffalo Peace Bridge

aj4pals

Star Member
Sep 4, 2018
I completed my soft landing at Windsor Tunnel today. The Canadian side was very straightforward and the agents were friendly. The CBP officers were also nice and helpful.
I used AVR as I didn’t have a visa stamp. I do not see any stamp on my passport with the admit until date like the once that they do when we fly into the US. Is this normal for AVR via land border? The online i94 also still didn’t update.

bhasin

May 14, 2019
Hi @aj4pals !
I dont have an answer to your question since I've never landed into the US by land.
However could you please clarify this : on the Canadian side did they ask you why you were soft landing or why you wanted to return back immediately. I'm asking because we're technically not allowed to soft land now so would like to know how you convinced them :)

aj4pals

Star Member
Sep 4, 2018
Hi @aj4pals !
I dont have an answer to your question since I've never landed into the US by land.
However could you please clarify this : on the Canadian side did they ask you why you were soft landing or why you wanted to return back immediately. I'm asking because we're technically not allowed to soft land now so would like to know how you convinced them :)
I told them that I would like to validate my COPR and return right away. They didn’t ask any questions. CBP asked me why O travelled all the way from Houston just to enter Canada for a few minutes. Told them I wanted to finish this before winter hit.

bhasin

May 14, 2019
I told them that I would like to validate my COPR and return right away. They didn’t ask any questions. CBP asked me why O travelled all the way from Houston just to enter Canada for a few minutes. Told them I wanted to finish this before winter hit.
Ok thanks for the info! Couple of more questions if you don't mind
1. Did they ask you to declare goods accompanying or goods to follow list?
2. Did they apply for your PR card now?
3. Did they ask for a quarantine plan ?