+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Soft Landing same day return through Buffalo Peace Bridge

AR27

Feb 6, 2020
Hi,

Me and my wife's COPR is expiring on 31st October 2020. I am currently living in US.
I have recently been blessed with a baby and we have applied for her US passport.
Because of COVID, processing is extremely slow and we may not receive her passport in time.
Moreover, the US Canada border is closed for US citizens for the time being.
My plan is to enter Canada from Peace bridge, get the immigration paperwork done, while my wife stays with the baby in Buffalo, NY for few hours.
I would like to make a U turn, come back and take care of the baby while my wife goes through the port of entry and gets her paperwork done.
Will the canadian authorities allow this (avoid 14 days mandatory quarantine) because our case is kind of rare and there is no way the baby can cross the border without a passport. I have submitted a web form to CIC but not response from them.
Please let me know.
Thank you.

Last edited:

AR27

Feb 6, 2020
Thanks a lot. That gives a kind of relief. Hoping CIC responds to the web form so that I have a written proof they will allow this scenario.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Just keep in mind just because worked for one doesn’t guarantee will always work even you versus your wife. Even the link above the poster and others on here have implied was not completely straightforward and CBSA generally give way reluctantly. You will still need a Canadian address for the PR card application so you will need to present this on your entry and your spouse separately on her entry. Assume you both have entry back to US covered given travelling independently.

AR27

Feb 6, 2020
@Bs65 Thank you. At this point, I don't have any other way out. I need to travel before COPR expires and the baby cannot cross the border without the passport. Wish there was a simpler solution.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
@Bs65 Thank you. At this point, I don't have any other way out. I need to travel before COPR expires and the baby cannot cross the border without the passport. Wish there was a simpler solution.
Good luck and as is usual with CBSA/CBP approach them with a positive attitude and sure will work out.

Reactions: AR27

aksdeo

Mar 26, 2019
Not yet. Planning to go next week.
Hey I am planning Oct 17 through Peace bridge. Do you know of any recent experiences (from Oct) from others? All I see here on posts are July-Late Aug and very few in late sept.

AR27

Feb 6, 2020
Hey I am planning Oct 17 through Peace bridge. Do you know of any recent experiences (from Oct) from others? All I see here on posts are July-Late Aug and very few in late sept.
Yeah no one from Sept/Oct.. I will let you know around 14th Oct how it goes :)

Reactions: aksdeo

aj4pals

Star Member
Sep 4, 2018
Yes, they are allowed U-turn for us.
Hey, congrats! My wife and I are flying to Detroit this weekend to do the soft landing taking the Ambassador Bridge. Did they ask you for Goods to Follow form?

Thanks.

bhasin

May 14, 2019
Yes, they are allowed U-turn for us.
Hi @AR27! Good to know that they allowed you to turn around immediately and return to the US. Could you please let us know the questions you were asked? Also, did they ask you for Goods to follow list? It would be nice if you could share your entire experience please!

Thanks
Sinduja