Med's Done....
30-05-2015, Uploaded 03-06-2015, TLU 10-06-2015
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Hello All, Can approved PRs having COPR can do first time landing in canada after this travel ban?

Tony1990

Jan 13, 2020
Did my PR landing from land last night(3/16) after Trudeau announced the travel ban. Set off driving to the custom right away after hearing the news, we were already at a US border town anyway preparing for this. But had no idea whether COPR would be allowed in. Called CBSA, agent just replied for COPR already at the customs they would try to help but no guarantee. Had a family member on Canada side drive to CBSA office asking for us. Got a reply it would be ok. At least for last night. Then we landed. What a journey.

Reactions: canuck78

Higgle

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Did my PR landing from land last night(3/16) after Trudeau announced the travel ban. Set off driving to the custom right away after hearing the news, we were already at a US border town anyway preparing for this. But had no idea whether COPR would be allowed in. Called CBSA, agent just replied for COPR already at the customs they would try to help but no guarantee. Had a family member on Canada side drive to CBSA office asking for us. Got a reply it would be ok. At least for last night. Then we landed. What a journey.
Tjank you for sharing, and glad that it went well :) did it seem an issue that you were COPR and not PR?

Tony1990

Jan 13, 2020
Tjank you for sharing, and glad that it went well :) did it seem an issue that you were COPR and not PR?
No, when we were at the custom office. Officers didn’t even mention the travel ban. Just like a normal landing procedure. But all these are just for last night. Things are changing by hour now, better call to confirm.

Than07

May 7, 2019
Great congrats !!!!

MapGia

Feb 24, 2016
The travel ban is in effect from March 18, so we will need to wait and see. Anyone who can run to the border today and do the landing should have no problems.

MapGia

Feb 24, 2016
And from what I understand from this, CoPR (non-US citizen) from the US should have no problem boarding a plane if you did not travel outside US/Canada in the last 14 days.

Banning entry of foreign nationals by air travel from all countries except the U.S.
Under the Aeronautics Act, the Minister of Transport will require air carriers on flights to Canada to deny boarding to any passenger who is not a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, and has resided in any country other than the U.S. in the last 14 days.

For practical purposes, the denial of boarding would apply to:

• all foreign nationals on flights to Canada other than trans-border flights, and
  • any foreign national on a trans-border flight who has resided outside the US and Canada in the last 14 days.
In simple terms, you cannot board a plane to Canada if you have been outside of Canada or the United States in the last 14 days, unless you are a Canadian Citizen, Canadian Permanent Resident or in transit to a 3rd country.

The measure will come into force on Wednesday, March 18, at 12:00 p.m. (noon) EDT. It would not apply to air crews, travelers arriving in Canada in transit to a third country, Canadian Permanent Residents, diplomats, or immediate family members of Canadian citizens.

As this measure applies to travel by air, it does not apply to surface traffic or marine shipping.

Random9465

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Hi guys can someone please help me with the query
I have COPR and currently in canada can i do my landing at the border or now is it risky to go there beacuze i am scared if i leave the country and do flag pole they wont me let back in the country because of the travel ban ...

Higgle

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
I have COPR and currently in canada can i do my landing at the border or now is it risky to go there beacuze i am scared if i leave the country and do flag pole they wont me let back in the country because of the travel ban ...
Are you an inland applicant? If you are, then go to the special measures website link and request for a landing appointment

Random9465

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Are you an inland applicant? If you are, then go to the special measures website link and request for a landing appointment
I did have landing appointment but they cancelled it and the offices are all closed till 13th april and to.be honest i know.it will not open on 13th april..

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
You probably cannot any longer flagpole at the US/Canada border until further notice as they announced border closed to all but essential travel and trade. Flagpoling unlikely to be considered essential in same way as tourisim not considered essential

nisu

Aug 19, 2019
Does anyone know any case someone did soft landing in Covid situation and came back to USA without issues? Please advise. Thanks.

vikas.trades25

Jan 8, 2019
Does anyone know any case someone did soft landing in Covid situation and came back to USA without issues? Please advise. Thanks.
I see that they have extended the travel ban for another month to June 21. Is CoPR landing considered essential, My CoPR date expires on june 15.
Is it possible to fly to Canada (as I see flights are running) and do the CoPR formalities without any issue. i want to know if there is risk involved while coming back to US at port of entry on a H-1b visa.
I have received an email, which mentions to raise a webform if you are not able to travel before your CoPR date. Do I need to share any official link stating the extended travel ban when submitting this form