+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Soft landing in March/April 2020 and coronavirus concerns

Than07

May 7, 2019

Than07

May 7, 2019
When are you planning
Got my stuff done

Officers were very helpful ... although the first officer was very stern and asked have you not following the news. Why you chose to do this today. I told ger my copr is expiring soon. Then it was the usual process.

She also asked asked how long you plan to stay. I told her i will be back in 2-3 week time frame but today it would be just couple of hour if not less.

Reactions: Tony1990

Higgle

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Got my stuff done

Officers were very helpful ... although the first officer was very stern and asked have you not following the news. Why you chose to do this today. I told ger my copr is expiring soon. Then it was the usual process.

She also asked asked how long you plan to stay. I told her i will be back in 2-3 week time frame but today it would be just couple of hour if not less.
Hi there

Can I know if they let you go back? I'm concerned that if I go to Canada to land in the next couple of days? They might ask me to self isolate for 14 days and I won't be able to catch my flight back in 3 days.

Pls let me know

sureshkp

Star Member
Sep 2, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-Oct-2017
Hello everyone,
for people doing soft landing near Cornwall border over weekend , which service centre is open on weekends to apply for SIN ?

Than07

May 7, 2019
Hi there

Can I know if they let you go back? I'm concerned that if I go to Canada to land in the next couple of days? They might ask me to self isolate for 14 days and I won't be able to catch my flight back in 3 days.

Pls let me know
Yup i am back home. But this is as of yesterday

Reactions: Higgle

sureshkp

Star Member
Sep 2, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-Oct-2017
As far as i am aware service canada is only open on weekday... but i could be wrong
I found one which is open on saturday per google maps , but not sure if that is true and if anyone has experience.

sureshkp

Star Member
Sep 2, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-Oct-2017
Well based on what i read here i feel this is just for certian nationals or if you have wisited those countries does not apply to all.
they say "
  • you’re affected by service disruptions or travel restrictions related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19)
the above line is for all nationals,
only problem is once medical expires , PPR application will be re processed and probably need to get new medical test done ,which no one know how much time it will take ,atleast for US residents.

Than07

May 7, 2019
they say "
  • you’re affected by service disruptions or travel restrictions related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19)
the above line is for all nationals,
only problem is once medical expires , PPR application will be re processed and probably need to get new medical test done ,which no one know how much time it will take ,atleast for US residents.
This is text on their website critical part is "and" in bold
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has put special measures in place to help you, if

• you’re a Chinese, Iranian or South Korean national; or
  • you’re in China, Iran or South Korea; and