FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
Doc's Request.
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-04-2017
Hello Forum members. I have finally reached the last leg of my PR journey and I am flying to Toronto tonight. I plan to do a soft landing and I am staying over for a week.

I have downloaded and filled the PR card form. As for the customs form, I am not carrying anything major and as of now do not even know what I will be importing once I move in. So will need some help with this. Please help me with what might be required of me at this stage.

Further, I have taken my bank letter showing the PoF as stated in my EE application. Further for PR card I am providing my uncle's home address.

Now is there anything else I am forgetting? Further do I need to apply for SIN now or I can do that once I relocate permanently to Canada.

Sorry for this post, and I am sure this must have been answered, but I could not find such a thread nor were they sticky.

Thank you so much for your help.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Forum members. I have finally reached the last leg of my PR journey and I am flying to Toronto tonight. I plan to do a soft landing and I am staying over for a week.

I have downloaded and filled the PR card form. As for the customs form, I am not carrying anything major and as of now do not even know what I will be importing once I move in. So will need some help with this. Please help me with what might be required of me at this stage.

Further, I have taken my bank letter showing the PoF as stated in my EE application. Further for PR card I am providing my uncle's home address.

Now is there anything else I am forgetting? Further do I need to apply for SIN now or I can do that once I relocate permanently to Canada.

Sorry for this post, and I am sure this must have been answered, but I could not find such a thread nor were they sticky.

This certainly is not the last leg of your PR journey. Since you opt for soft landing, you still need to return to Canada to meet your residency obligations. You do not need to prepare the PR card form unless you are renewing (which you are not).

At this soft landing, you can just ignore the B4 custom form and focus on the declaration custom form you received on your flight to Canada. It's your choice to get SIN now or later.

sahilsharma88

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
Dubai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
Doc's Request.
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-04-2017
This certainly is not the last leg of your PR journey. Since you opt for soft landing, you still need to return to Canada to meet your residency obligations. You do not need to prepare the PR card form unless you are renewing (which you are not).

At this soft landing, you can just ignore the B4 custom form and focus on the declaration custom form you received on your flight to Canada. It's your choice to get SIN now or later.
Hello, thanks for the reply. The landing went super smooth. was out of airport within 30 minutes (luggage included). The customs from I had from the airport was mostly NIL as i did not carry anything.

Planning to immigrate in the next 6 months. Just one clarification - will I now be allowed to bring in stuff (custom-free) or have i lost that window?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, thanks for the reply. The landing went super smooth. was out of airport within 30 minutes (luggage included). The customs from I had from the airport was mostly NIL as i did not carry anything.

Planning to immigrate in the next 6 months. Just one clarification - will I now be allowed to bring in stuff (custom-free) or have i lost that window?
Custom free if you intend to settle Canada at least for a year.

Reactions: sahilsharma88

kusrbo

Feb 2, 2017

Hi, I am planning to do a soft landing this month. Since you have recently finished your landing.. could I ask you few questions?

1.any thing to bother or mind while doing soft landing?
2. I don't have any luggage to carry for this trip as I am going to stay only for a week. I guess that's Ok not to fill any declaration form?
3. I am planning to carry my bank statement, certificates. Anything else required along with it?
4. Looking at few threads.. wondering if we require an interview or submit another set of photos after landing?

Thanks for hearing out.

sahilsharma88

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
Dubai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
Doc's Request.
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-04-2017
Hi, I am planning to do a soft landing this month. Since you have recently finished your landing.. could I ask you few questions?

1.any thing to bother or mind while doing soft landing?
2. I don't have any luggage to carry for this trip as I am going to stay only for a week. I guess that's Ok not to fill any declaration form?
3. I am planning to carry my bank statement, certificates. Anything else required along with it?
4. Looking at few threads.. wondering if we require an interview or submit another set of photos after landing?

Thanks for hearing out.
Hello sorry for the late reply. given the date i am assuming you are already through with your landing. Answers as below:

1. Nothing just make sure you have the PRTD document and passport. Other than just relax. You may download and fill the PR card to save time at the counter. I had already filled my PR card when i reached the officer and he seemed happy.
2. I guess you still need to fill a declaration form - however the basic NA and signatures etc. Also in case you wish to ship goods later like TV, jewelry or even money then it makes sense to declare here.
3. They don't ask for any document. At least in my case the VO asked for no document at all. No funds, how much many i was carrying - nothing was asked. However, i was carrying my bank statements and FD certificate.
4. So they will use the photo on the form for PR card. In my case it went through smooth and got the PR card in 60 days or so. However, there have been instances where new photos are requested. Keep an eye account for emails. No interviews are required.

Its a pretty easy and smooth affair so just relax. Canadians are quite helpful and you do not need to worry much. Also the flight timings matter. My flight landed at 5am or and there was no one at the immigration queue. I was out of the airport in less than half an hour after deplaning.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hello sorry for the late reply. given the date i am assuming you are already through with your landing. Answers as below:

1. Nothing just make sure you have the PRTD document and passport. Other than just relax. You may download and fill the PR card to save time at the counter. I had already filled my PR card when i reached the officer and he seemed happy.
2. I guess you still need to fill a declaration form - however the basic NA and signatures etc. Also in case you wish to ship goods later like TV, jewelry or even money then it makes sense to declare here.
3. They don't ask for any document. At least in my case the VO asked for no document at all. No funds, how much many i was carrying - nothing was asked. However, i was carrying my bank statements and FD certificate.
4. So they will use the photo on the form for PR card. In my case it went through smooth and got the PR card in 60 days or so. However, there have been instances where new photos are requested. Keep an eye account for emails. No interviews are required.

Its a pretty easy and smooth affair so just relax. Canadians are quite helpful and you do not need to worry much. Also the flight timings matter. My flight landed at 5am or and there was no one at the immigration queue. I was out of the airport in less than half an hour after deplaning.
Assume (1) was a typo and you meant to say have your COPR for an initial landing and not a PRTD.

sahilsharma88

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
Dubai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
Doc's Request.
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-04-2017
Assume (1) was a typo and you meant to say have your COPR for an initial landing and not a PRTD.
Yes sorry. COPR it is. I just confused my current case, where i might have to get a PRTD as my PR card is still in Canada.

rahulsingh16

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017

Do we need to submit PR card application while doing soft landing?
Are you talking about this form https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5444e.pdf ?
Can we fill it beforehand...as it seems to be asking travel history and all again ?

sahilsharma88

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
Dubai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
Doc's Request.
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-04-2017
Do we need to submit PR card application while doing soft landing?
Are you talking about this form https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5444e.pdf ?
Can we fill it beforehand...as it seems to be asking travel history and all again ?
Yes you can fill up this form, but it was irrelevant in my case. the Officer filled up all the details and asked for an address to post the PR card. just relax. Landing is a breeze. Depends on where you're flying from and the arrival time which determines the queue. I basically had no queue when I landed at 4am.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Yes you can fill up this form, but it was irrelevant in my case. the Officer filled up all the details and asked for an address to post the PR card. just relax. Landing is a breeze. Depends on where you're flying from and the arrival time which determines the queue. I basically had no queue when I landed at 4am.
As I mentioned before, the form is not needed and irrelevant for all people who are landing.

The form is dated 2016 and does not accurately represent the current form.

It’s useless to tell OP that they can fill up this form.

sahilsharma88

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
Dubai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
Doc's Request.
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-04-2017
As I mentioned before, the form is not needed and irrelevant for all people who are landing.

The form is dated 2016 and does not accurately represent the current form.

It’s useless to tell OP that they can fill up this form.
I do agree that we do not need the form. The officer will fill up all the information in the database. But its just that many people do like to keep all their bases covered for that extra little satisfaction that everything is in place.

But yes this solves no purpose. I have also mentioned that in my post. I was just telling, what I did when I landed.

Cheers

rahulsingh16

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
I do agree that we do not need the form. The officer will fill up all the information in the database. But its just that many people do like to keep all their bases covered for that extra little satisfaction that everything is in place.

But yes this solves no purpose. I have also mentioned that in my post. I was just telling, what I did when I landed.

Cheers
Thanks....if i need to provide all information at the counter verbally...it will be useful to fill beforehand to avoid confusion and forgetting any details....

Rish_1506

Jul 20, 2019
Hi,

I am planning my soft landing in Oct this year for a week. Basis your soft landing experience, can you tell me if it is required to buy Insurance for myself for a week's stay there?

Also, other than PR formalities at Airport and taking SIN, anything else which we must do in a week's duration while soft landing?

Pls advise.

Thanks