App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
AOR Received.
06-07-2015
Passport Req..
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015
That's right. In fact, I bet most true refugees don't have the resources to apply for refugee status in a western country, as they are just trying to live for another day!
Agree, but the problem is not whether to accept refugees, it's that the system has been greatly abused, if you just go to the 'refugee' board of this forum you will see a lot of questions being asked by folks already have legal (refugee or student) status in another country, but are trying to claim refugee in Canada, e.g. this
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-start-refugee-planning-to-settle-in-canada.563773/
and this
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/crossing-illegally.565333/
and this (who is still trying to improve his/her score for FSW but want to take a shortcut by applying for refugee..)
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/any-good-lawyer-in-toronto-for-consultation.560529/

The point is, refugees are those who truly are in danger and should be helped, but there's apparently a lot of people trying to take advantage of the system
I fully agree that people who are looking to scam the system should not be tolerated from those who are seeking persecution - religious, sexual orientation, racial or otherwise.

nofrills

Jun 5, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
AOR Received.
06-07-2015
Passport Req..
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015
That's right. In fact, I bet most true refugees don't have the resources to apply for refugee status in a western country, as they are just trying to live for another day!
There are 5-6 million refugees as the result of the Syrian war - some will be in a position to claim refugee status in western countries, others will not.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
I fully agree that people who are looking to scam the system should not be tolerated from those who are seeking persecution - religious, sexual orientation, racial or otherwise.
So you finally see my point. Resources should not be wasted on scammers and fake refugees. So I can blame Trudeau for the mess he brought on, including taking valuable resources away from legit refugee', and other cic platorms like PR, sponsorship, citizenship and the like.

Last edited:

nofrills

Jun 5, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
AOR Received.
06-07-2015
Passport Req..
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015
So you finally see my point. Resourses should not be wasted on scammers and fake refugees. So I can blame Trudeau for the mess he brought on, including taking valuable resources from legit refugee', and other cic platorms like PR, sponsorship, citizenship and the like.
Well, that was in reference to somebody else's post about there being legitimate vs illegitimate claims to refugee status and that anybody making it harder for a legitimate refugee was doing a disservice to the system, but if it makes you feel justified and correct - sure, you can take it as "your point" that convinced me that resources should not be wasted. Although in truth, that wasn't your point.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Well, that was in reference to somebody else's post about there being legitimate vs illegitimate claims to refugee status and that anybody making it harder for a legitimate refugee was doing a disservice to the system, but if it makes you feel justified and correct - sure, you can take it as "your point" that convinced me that resources should not be wasted. Although in truth, that wasn't your point.
What other point am I referring to? I would like to know because my whole point was resources being wasted elsewhere when there are better use of.

Let me ask you this.

Which way is time / resources well spent?

1) Agent investigating a fake illegal refugee trying to scam Canada

2) Agent investigating a bona fide refugee whose life is in danger.

I am not talking about processing have to be done. I am talking about money / time / resources being spent on the processing.

Is it better that 100% of time is spent on bona fide refugees as oppose to 90% of the time spent on fake refugee and 10% on bona fide refugee?

In other words, is it better that CIC resources are better spent on legit applications?

So in essence, Trudeau has attracted fake illegal refugees with his dumb tweet of his, moving valuable CIC resources away from legit applications to cover fake illegal refugees.

If you can't get my point that Trudeau's tweet has diverted CIC's wasted time to cover fake illegal refugee claims, I don't know know what to tell you.

Last edited:

nofrills

Jun 5, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
AOR Received.
06-07-2015
Passport Req..
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015
What other point am I referring to? I would like to know because my whole point was resources being wasted elsewhere when there are better use of.

Let me ask you this.

Which way is time / resources well spent?

1) Agent investigating a fake illegal refugee trying to scam Canada

2) Agent investigating a bona fide refugee whose life is in danger.

I am not talking about processing have to be done. I am talking about money / time / resources being spent on the processing.

Is it better that 100% of time is spent on bona fide refugees as oppose to 90% of the time spent on fake refugee and 10% on bona fide refugee?

In other words, is it better that CIC resources are better spent on legit applications?

So in essence, Trudeau has attracted fake illegal refugees with his dumb tweet of his, moving valuable CIC resources away from legit applications to cover fake illegal refugees.

Please feel free to re-read our previous exchange, as this discussion is now going in circles and seems to be a political rant (which a previous poster already pointed out) rather than one about resource allocation. This will be my last reply to you directly on this topic given there is no direct response to my points.

If you honestly believe that refugees claiming asylum in Canada is fuelled by an individual tweet which welcomed refugees who are fleeing persecution, you are free and entitled to think that too. Although simplifying it so, blatantly ignores many of the other obvious contributing factors. Such as 1) Canada share the worlds largest border with a country whose leader who ran on an anti-immigration platform and appeals to a populist base; 2) a loophole exists that allows undocumented asylum seekers in the US to have heir application reviewed in Canada; 3) Canada ratified their commitment to the UN refugee treaty; and 4) the country has a history of welcoming refugees. But these are probably an inconvenient truth and you will respond that "fake refugees" are wasting resources. Hooray for repetition!

On the flipside, others will and do argue that the government is wasting time and resources by implementing Bill C-6 which allowed many people like us to fast-track their applications in the first place and repeals changes form the previous 'strengthening citizenship' bill - thus wasting resources that enable people who are more qualified and dedicated to becoming Canadian citizens. Again, free country, but it ignores the facts that making the path easier for permanent residents who want to become citizens actually stimulates the economy, strengthens people's bonds with their country of residence and strengthens citizenship and community. Another inconvenient truth, depending on your politics.

In the end, if you want to point fingers at the federal government for sending a message for welcoming refugees and claim that it hinders your ability to get citizenship in a more timely manner (because, lets be honest, that is the topic of this thread) - it is a free country. I personally enjoy living in a country which welcomes refugees and people who are being persecuted and who ensures that they are being processed appropriately That's why a lot of people live here and become citizens here and not in say certain parts of Europe, where scapegoating and prejudice takes a more explicit form.

In summary, if you want to ensure refugees claims are legitimate so they can be approved or rejected, which I believe you do, then they need to be processed appropriately - which requires resource in the form of money, time and processing logistics. You will need to get over that, regardless of who wins the next election. Take care!

Reactions: jazibkg

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Please feel free to re-read our previous exchange, as this discussion is now going in circles and seems to be a political rant (which a previous poster already pointed out) rather than one about resource allocation. This will be my last reply to you directly on this topic given there is no direct response to my points.

If you honestly believe that refugees claiming asylum in Canada is fuelled by an individual tweet which welcomed refugees who are fleeing persecution, you are free and entitled to think that too. Although simplifying it so, blatantly ignores many of the other obvious contributing factors. Such as 1) Canada share the worlds largest border with a country whose leader who ran on an anti-immigration platform and appeals to a populist base; 2) a loophole exists that allows undocumented asylum seekers in the US to have heir application reviewed in Canada; 3) Canada ratified their commitment to the UN refugee treaty; and 4) the country has a history of welcoming refugees. But these are probably an inconvenient truth and you will respond that "fake refugees" are wasting resources. Hooray for repetition!

On the flipside, others will and do argue that the government is wasting time and resources by implementing Bill C-6 which allowed many people like us to fast-track their applications in the first place and repeals changes form the previous 'strengthening citizenship' bill - thus wasting resources that enable people who are more qualified and dedicated to becoming Canadian citizens. Again, free country, but it ignores the facts that making the path easier for permanent residents who want to become citizens actually stimulates the economy, strengthens people's bonds with their country of residence and strengthens citizenship and community. Another inconvenient truth, depending on your politics.

In the end, if you want to point fingers at the federal government for sending a message for welcoming refugees and claim that it hinders your ability to get citizenship in a more timely manner (because, lets be honest, that is the topic of this thread) - it is a free country. I personally enjoy living in a country which welcomes refugees and people who are being persecuted and who ensures that they are being processed appropriately That's why a lot of people live here and become citizens here and not in say certain parts of Europe, where scapegoating and prejudice takes a more explicit form.

In summary, if you want to ensure refugees claims are legitimate so they can be approved or rejected, which I believe you do, then they need to be processed appropriately - which requires resource in the form of money, time and processing logistics. You will need to get over that, regardless of who wins the next election. Take care!
You think I don't get the point that all refugee application will be process, fake or not. Of course, they all get processed silly. That is your point. Which is meaningless since all applications will get processed anyway. There is a difference between wasting money and resources on fake refugee claims and money used to process bona fide refugee claims. That is where you and I differ.

1) So what that Trump is a jerk. He can really be a jerk at times. But it doesn't excuse us from enforcing our borders and law. Just because Trump receded the TEMPORARY status to Haitians and other immigrants that was granted the same, doesn't mean he is anti - immigrants. Trump did have a point. They were granted temporary stay long enough until their countries recuperate. It is not a welcome mat for them to stay permanently. It is not a Green Card. It's no difference from a Canadian holding a TN Visa in US. They are not expected to stay permanently. They expected to leave at some point whether volunteerly or forced.

2) it is unfortunate that there is a loophole in the system in the treaty. That needs to be fixed as it undermined Canada border security. There was a simple solution but liberals won't have none of it. They rather keep illegals than legit ones. Not surprising of the Liberals.

3) yes Canada ratified the agreement. That has been in placed for years, even under the Harper government. Not sure what your point is here.

4) yes Canada is a country that welcomes refugees, mind you, bona fide refugees. They don't welcome fake refugees. Yes money being wasted here. Yes it's repeating. While we will not eliminate fake ones, at least make efforts to reduce it. Trudeau's tweet did not help reduce fake refugees. He only encouraged more of it. Totally the opposite of trying reduced fake refugee claims. (There was a reason Mexico was slapped with visa requirements). Did you know bogus refugee claims has risen since Trudeau receded the visa?

Personally I thought C-24 was good law. If a person really wants to build roots in Canada, it shouldn't matter how long it takes to qualify for citizenship. Whether it's 4 or 5 or 10 years. I thought 4/6 rule was a good compromise.

There was reason people were against C-6. Why fast track it if they intend to make Canada their home. A lot of people believe 3/4 rule with pre-pr credit allowed some to take advantage and stay a minimal amount of time and leave Canada without "drawing any roots" in Canada. People believe 4/6 rule gives immigrants to chance to draw roots in Canada. This 4/6 rule was quite popular across people of all political strips.

Now I really don't care how long the citizenship process it takes to complete but within reason. I'm a fan of short processing time, for everyone. That includes express visas, PR sponsorship, and the like. No point in applying if your application takes 10 years or more to process. We seen this with the PGP applications for example. There were no cap and thus unlimited amount of applications came in. I think it's unfair for those to wait that many years. But to fix that, a 2 year pause was needed and caps introduced with tighter qualifications. This allowed parents to come to Canada within reasonable timeframe. I rather have a longer and / or tighter qualifications if it helps / reduce wait time / backlog for application to complete. 4 year wait for 3-6 month to get citizenship is better than 3 years wait for 12 months or more to get citizenship.

So you can do whatever you want in your belief that I seems to missed your point. I never missed your point. All must get processed. But what we can do is reduce chances of processing fake refugee claims. Tweeting "Welcome to Canada" to US was not one of them along with the removal of Mexico Visa requirements.

Last edited:

mumbai1985

Feb 25, 2014
Guys I've been trying to reach customer service since morning, but always got a busy signal. Any easier route to reach them ? I've been in process since Nov 23 and have crossed 200 days already. Nothing on gcms.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Guys I've been trying to reach customer service since morning, but always got a busy signal. Any easier route to reach them ? I've been in process since Nov 23 and have crossed 200 days already. Nothing on gcms.
Try dialing 4 for citizenship and then press 0 to reach an agent. We were able to get through after 30 mins wait this morning.

samoo

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
issued
Same here I’m in process since Nov 21, nothing to do. Which office???

mumbai1985

Feb 25, 2014
Same here I’m in process since Nov 21, nothing to do. Which office???
I'm from Brampton. My office will most likely be Mississauga.

I'm from India - I think security shouldn't take long. Not sure why it is stuck.

Which office is yours?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Let me try tomorrow. Can I try before 8 am est as it will be already be 8 am in east coast?
I may be wrong but I believe it's 8am est local time.

mumbai1985

Feb 25, 2014
Could reach customer service today. They said the file was officially transferred to Mississauga office on May 28 and acknowledged that there was a delay in the transfer. I was told I should hear from Mississauga office very soon.

Anyone knows how long does it take to get test invite from Mississauga office after file has been transferred?

Last edited:

samoo

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
issued
I'm from Brampton. My office will most likely be Mississauga.

I'm from India - I think security shouldn't take long. Not sure why it is stuck.

Which office is yours?
Mississauga :(