+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

So today I unfortunately join the "100+ Days of IP Club."

dreamgarfield

Star Member
Sep 2, 2012
150+ days here since IP. I called IRCC this morning... was told that I should wait patiently for the test invite.
Hope I get it soon :( [Kitchener office]
Same here 151 days since IP and nothing. Called call centre 2 Weeks ago and got the same answer like always waiting on BG checks. Scarborough office.

UVIR

Jun 14, 2017
My application is about to go past 100 days but I won't consider it unfortunate. I got a clearer picture from IRCC. Thanks to the local MP office support, the update was more elaborate. So my two cents on this issue, stay calm and positive unless you don't have a clear report on the case.

robw

Mar 10, 2014
If it makes you feel any better, I'm at around 200 days now, but then again, I've been expecting this. I've had an agonizingly slow processing time getting my PR in the first place. It is what it is.

I'd honestly stopped thinking about it...I'm only here now because I'm getting ready to renew my PR card. My life in the past year would've been no better had I had the Canadian passport.

Scarborough office for those who are curious...St Clair (the shit office) is supposed to be sending me a fingerprint request...I've been on since December.

Last edited:

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
If it makes you feel any better, I'm at around 200 days now, but then again, I've been expecting this. I've had an agonizingly slow processing time getting my PR in the first place. It is what it is.

I'd honestly stopped thinking about it...I'm only here now because I'm getting ready to renew my PR card. My life in the past year would've been no better had I had the Canadian passport.

Scarborough office for those who are curious...St Clair (the shit office) is supposed to be sending me a fingerprint request...I've been on since December.
Just go and do the fingerprints and have them sent to St Clair office.........lot of people did even without the request.
Pay the money and do it. Take your application #/UCI # with you. It can prevent further delays

zzzzzzzz

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
150+ days here since IP. I called IRCC this morning... was told that I should wait patiently for the test invite.
Hope I get it soon :( [Kitchener office]
There's a bunch of people in your shoes in the KW region, including myself. Slowly but surely, the backlog is being cleared. Hang in there.

robw

Mar 10, 2014
Just go and do the fingerprints and have them sent to St Clair office.........lot of people did even without the request.
Pay the money and do it. Take your application #/UCI # with you. It can prevent further delays
I'm not going to do that. It's foolish to do something they don't have a record of asking you for. If this were a proper functioning entity and not a lumbering bureaucracy, maybe proactively sending FPs makes sense, but this is the IRCC we're talking about here.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
More Realistic Expectations: there are indications, given the surge in applications following the effective date of the 3/5 rule in Bill C-6, that the currently posted routine timeline, for 12 months, is LIKELY to INCREASE (even if it takes a long time for the web site to reflect it, given the way IRCC "calculates" processing times). Many with applications currently in process will likely enjoy a faster (but too slow for those with not-so-realistic expectations) timeline, BUT MANY OTHERS should anticipate waiting longer, perhaps significantly longer.

Reminders:

IRCC is a lumbering bureaucracy, yes. But it is also a properly functioning government agency. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Citizenship is for life. For many decades. For many immigrants this will mean for the NEXT HALF CENTURY or so, or more. Some perspective, rather than in-the-moment narcissistic demands for immediate gratification, is warranted. The grant of citizenship is more than a fleeting privilege. Again, it is for LIFE, for the rest of the immigrant's life. So yeah, Canada tends to take some time, a year or more, to sit on an application for this rather great privilege. And will grant it to those qualified, including not only many ingrates but even those with no intent to stay and live in Canada.

Make no mistake, IRCC is a properly functioning bureaucracy. Many tens of thousands of citizenship applicants proceed smoothly through the system year in and year out, and the number for 2018 is quite likely to well exceed 200,000. For a country of 37 million people governing an area larger than other countries with ten or twenty times the population (that is, the human resources to fund as well as do the work), that is a rather remarkable demonstration of functionality, the narcissistic whining of those with unrealistic expectations aside.

Not only is IRCC dealing with the impact of correcting the ramifications of draconian Harper government changes, including currently processing a huge surge in applications beginning last October, it appears there is also a huge tide of overly-anxious applicants who are excessively taxing IRCC's peripheral services like the help centre call lines. Additionally, overall IRCC is on track to process well over a QUARTER MILLION new residents (immigrants and temporary residents) this year (88,120 in the first quarter alone). And dealing with an increased flow of asylum-seekers (in significant part aggravated by current U.S. policies resulting in many there fleeing farther north). And dealing with continued constriction of funding aggravated by continuing pressure from fiscal conservatives who persistently push for pretending government can simply not do what really needs to be done, or otherwise somehow do it but not pay for it.

For many it may seem like ancient history, but largely due to particularly draconian measures employed by the Harper-era CIC in the period 2012 and 2013, CIC may have failed to process as many as just half the number of applications those years, leading to a backlog that dogged the system right up to the changes last year, and then those changes resulted in a huge surge of new applications. In 2013 alone there were many tens of thousands of applications which had been in process way more than a year and a high percentage of them more than two years. The CIC web site information was still listing a ROUTINE application processing timeline of TWO YEARS through 2014. Caveat: by then more recent applicants, including me, were going from mailing the application to the oath in one-third, even one-fourth that amount of time; but make no mistake, when I received notice to attend an interview and the oath (received both at the same time, oath scheduled for two days after the interview) for a date barely eight months after making the application, that was a very pleasant surprise. And, in talking to others taking the oath the same day as me, I was further surprised some had timelines of only six months. The so-called routine timeline, at the time, was still TWO YEARS.

I reference that actually quite recent history for two reasons: context and cause.

The import of context is obvious. Complaints about still being in process after little more than 7 months, let alone 3 or 4 months as the thread title intimates, when the published timeline for applications processed BEFORE a huge surge in new applications is 12 months, is clearly unrealistic whining.

The element of causation is a little more complex. The history helps illuminate how things got here, dragging the legacy of Harper-era policies and managing the impact of repairs.

But the latter, the impact of revising the law and rules to implement a more just and immigration-friendly scheme, itself looms large. The current qualifications are significantly more complex than a mere physical presence WHILE a PR approach. Credit for time in Canada prior to becoming a PR dramatically expands not just the calculation of days in Canada, but the scope of circumstances attendant presence in Canada, tending to increase the difficulty of evaluating the declarations of presence made by many applicants.

It is, after all, somewhat easy for IRCC to corroborate claimed presence for periods of time a PR has a fixed and well established household as his or her place of residence AND has full time employment working at a particular location in Canada for a readily recognized Canadian business. In contrast, by allowing credit for time in Canada prior to becoming a permanent resident, that opens the door to assessing credit for time which includes presence in far more transient circumstances with far fewer corroborating facts, including presence during periods of non-residence in Canada.

The hue and cry for credit for time in Canada prior to landing and becoming a PR has a cost. And this is just one aspect of the changes which so many demanded (with good reason) but which tend to complicate the verification of qualification process. Complications mean slower processing. This is what was overwhelmingly demanded.

The point of all this is to reassure the vast majority of applicants there is nothing awry, no reason to think things have gone off the rails, NO REASON TO FEAR THAT IRCC IS FAILING TO PROPERLY FUNCTION, just because nothing has happened with their application for many months. Historically, for many, perhaps for most applicants, the process takes up to and around a full year. For those applying since last October, it appears likely it may take somewhat longer for many. In the meantime it is not likely the narcissistic grumbling will abate. This post is not for them, but for others, for the majority, so as to put the unwarranted caviling in context, to assure the majority there is no cause for concern let alone alarm. The process takes time. That is how it works, how it PROPERLY WORKS.

CAforCA

Jan 27, 2009
Doc's Request.
20th Jan 2010
AOR Received.
25th May 2010
IELTS Request
15th Dec 2009 Taken Score 7.5
File Transfer...
20-01-2010
Med's Request
28-09-2010
Med's Done....
11-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
6/1/2011
LANDED..........
25/6/2011 Yoo Hoo
I am at 172 days since IP - Brampton/Mississauga office.

I too called this morning for the first time ..getting a little frustrated was hoping I would get my citizenship within 6 months of IP ..not even got a test invite. The lady said the processing timeline is 12 months

oomuchi

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
RPRF's Request :30-11-2015
Nomination.....
T4/NoA 2015 :Upfront end of July
AOR Received.
16-02-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
March 2015 to Ottawa
Med's Request
27-11-2015
Med's Done....
04-12-2015
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
14-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
09-01-2016
Hello everyone,

You are doing more than 100 days after IP ...
I know it's frustrating .. :(
BUT
and as for us ...
+100 days for AOR or :confused:
+100 days waiting for the process to be forwarded to the regional office and be placed as IP? o_O

in the February post I found:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/february-2017-citizenship-applicants.469950/page-60

"The current processing times indicated on our website are approximate and can vary with each individual case. Citizenship applications that are considered to be non-routine may take longer to process,"