+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

dhillozcanada22

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
My application was delivered on Feb 16, 2017, I applied from Brampton, Ontario
I was asked for fingerprints on March 29,2017 and i got those done within a week.

April 15, 2017 - I called and confirmed with CIC that they have received my fingerprints and nothing else is required on file.

Jan 18, 2018 - The agent at CIC said they cannot do anything because my background check is still in process...

What does RQ stand for?

I didn't bother getting GCMS notes because it will probably show the same thing "IN PROCESS"

I will call CIC on wednesday .. I have no idea what else to do ..

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I was asked for fingerprints on March 29,2017 and i got those done within a week.

April 15, 2017 - I called and confirmed with CIC that they have received my fingerprints and nothing else is required on file.

Jan 18, 2018 - The agent at CIC said they cannot do anything because my background check is still in process...

What does RQ stand for?

I didn't bother getting GCMS notes because it will probably show the same thing "IN PROCESS"

RQ -> Residence Questionnaire

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
No all i was asked for was fingerprints - i got those completed

No other requests or RQ ..
Strange that background check is still in progress. GCMS notes show a lot more detail including any notes the officer may have recorded on your file. It may shed some insights as to why it's taking so long for you.

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014

What does RQ stand for?

the processing time is 12 months. since you are over the limit - you can call on your MP to help and get some details. They will be able to reach out to IRCC and get some answsrs.

dhillozcanada22

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
Thanks guys - I will call CIC and see if they will give me any updates. In the mean time i will also order GCMS notes.

And if no updates i will try to contact MP .. I hope it doesnt come to that.. I have a 6 month old.. i really dont want to go through all the hassle..

Sucks to get stuck like this .. I am so fed up ! People who applied in September are getting their oath ceremonies ..

I wonder if anyone else from Feb is waiting for test invite..

dhillozcanada22

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
Update - still waiting for test invite. Went to see MP - they havent said anything its been over 2 weeks now.
GCMS notes show criminality : passed ; nothing else.

Just amazing how its been so long and I am still waiting for test invite .. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
Update - still waiting for test invite. Went to see MP - they havent said anything its been over 2 weeks now.
GCMS notes show criminality : passed ; nothing else.

Just amazing how its been so long and I am still waiting for test invite .. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
sorry to hear this! Good luck hearing back from the MP. Usually that helps bring the file back into the process!!

dhillozcanada22

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
sorry to hear this! Good luck hearing back from the MP. Usually that helps bring the file back into the process!!

This is the response MP sent to me:

The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia, on February 16, 2017.

· Your constituent’s application is considered non-routine due to the following reason(s):

o they were asked to provide further documentation such as fingerprints.

· The criminality verifications are currently valid.

· The security verifications are currently in process.

· The immigration verifications have not yet been initiated.

· The current processing times indicated on our website are approximate and can vary with each individual case. Citizenship applications that are considered to be non-routine may take longer to process,

Didnt really help much !!! I guess i can just wait ...

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
This is the response MP sent to me:

The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia, on February 16, 2017.

· Your constituent’s application is considered non-routine due to the following reason(s):

o they were asked to provide further documentation such as fingerprints.

· The criminality verifications are currently valid.

· The security verifications are currently in process.

· The immigration verifications have not yet been initiated.

· The current processing times indicated on our website are approximate and can vary with each individual case. Citizenship applications that are considered to be non-routine may take longer to process,

Didnt really help much !!! I guess i can just wait ...
so sorry to hear that my friend ,, can you elaborte a bit about you case ,,, i mean what is unusual about you case ??? do you have a long history of travel ??? if your security has a probelm ,, then try to contact the CSIS ,, and verify with them what is the issue ,, i would consider seeing a lawyer in your case ,, please keep us updated ,, we wish you all the best

dhillozcanada22

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
so sorry to hear that my friend ,, can you elaborte a bit about you case ,,, i mean what is unusual about you case ??? do you have a long history of travel ??? if your security has a probelm ,, then try to contact the CSIS ,, and verify with them what is the issue ,, i would consider seeing a lawyer in your case ,, please keep us updated ,, we wish you all the best

Noting out of the ordinary .. i moved to canada when i was 18, i have been back to my home country twice only for few days. I havent traveled much. Married with one baby

Every time i contact them i only get one answer - some files take longer and your security check is still in process :eek:

I came on student visa, got work permit and became resident in 2012 - since then i have been working & paying taxes and like i said didnt travel much (just two trips to home (30-40) days each ..

I didnt want to renew my PR card but the way its going looks like i will have to .. sucks ..

Mood

Sep 10, 2017
Hello.

I am feb 2017 applicant in Edmonton office.

I pAssed the test in March 2017.
I am still waiting to oath invite Since then.

I was not asked for any additional information.

Can any one help advising why my oath is taking that long.

dhillozcanada22

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
Updated the tracker. It took IRCC to invite you for test after 15 months of being in-process.

Yes even the officer who was checking my documents said "oh looks like this is an old application - why did it take so long for your test" LOL

I had to go to two seperate MPs - the first one didnt really do much. The 2nd MP was pretty helpful and i got test date within 2 weeks ..

Reactions: rajmalhotra7