+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to start (REFUGEE PLANNING TO SETTLE IN CANADA)

mharia milani

May 24, 2018
Hi Everyone,
I live at Port Moresby Papua New Guinea and Im planning to go to canada to claim refugee or get PR?
Do i need to get lawyer or canada consultant can assist he how to process to go to canada. ?
Im under Australia and UNCHR and currently holding a RTD i can use this to go to canada?

Hearing from your own experience guys thanks a lot

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi Everyone,
I live at Port Moresby Papua New Guinea and Im planning to go to canada to claim refugee or get PR?
Do i need to get lawyer or canada consultant can assist he how to process to go to canada. ?
Im under Australia and UNCHR and currently holding a RTD i can use this to go to canada?

You WILL need a visa to travel to Canada. The chances of being granted one are almost zero. Also, as you are already a recognized refugee, Canada would probably return you. You can apply for PR, if you are eligible.

You have already been told this in https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/travel-to-canada-using-rtd-and-visa-without-any-sphonsorship.561712/

The answer is not going to change.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buletruck

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Agreed. As he has an Australian CTS, he already has a refugee claim in Australia. His claim in Canada will be rejected as he already has the protection of another safe country and is not a valid refugee.

Ryana

May 28, 2018
So how is he different from all the migrants seeking asylum from the USA? They already have protection of a safe country and are not valid refugees.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So how is he different from all the migrants seeking asylum from the USA? They already have protection of a safe country and are not valid refugees.
Of course if somebody with a valid refugee status from other country (specially those developed countries) would try to come and claim, they will face same rejection.

Problem of USA crossing is that most people either did not try at all to claim in USA?
Is it a country shopping? Most likely yes, but it is up to Canada to deal with this phenomena

Ryana

May 28, 2018
Of course if somebody with a valid refugee status from other country (specially those developed countries) would try to come and claim, they will face same rejection.

Problem of USA crossing is that most people either did not try at all to claim in USA?
Is it a country shopping? Most likely yes, but it is up to Canada to deal with this phenomena

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Best ask the Haitians that came last year. Last stat I saw, IRCC expects about 90% rejection rate for them. Forgiveness doesn’t seem to bode well for them.
Claiming refugee status isn’t a matter of what works best to get you in the country. You either are a refugee, or you aren’t. Pretty cut and dry. The OP has refugee status in Australia, hence he is no longer a refugee.

Ryana

May 28, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I am curious as to why you want to trade Australia for Canada.

mharia milani

May 24, 2018
Hello guys sorry for being unclear on my last post. Yes im a recognize refugee by unchr but by force residing here at Papua New Guinea which is not safe too.As per my consultation response i am eligible for grouo of 5 SAH but im still looking forward how to find sponsor.you think Is student visa is other option for me to go to canada and study since i have travel documents if yes how? Thank you for your time and response.
##nevergiveup##

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello guys sorry for being unclear on my last post. Yes im a recognize refugee by unchr but by force residing here at Papua New Guinea which is not safe too.As per my consultation response i am eligible for grouo of 5 SAH but im still looking forward how to find sponsor.you think Is student visa is other option for me to go to canada and study since i have travel documents if yes how? Thank you for your time and response.
##nevergiveup##
As a registered refugee, almost no chance of a student visa. Sorry. A visa requires evidence of you leaving Canada at the end of the study and a passport.

Reactions: scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
##nevergiveup##
A student visa is unfortunately not a realistic option given your refugee status. Any sort of temporary visa (i.e. study permit, work permit, tourist visa) is almost certainly going to be refused since you cannot show ties to your home country and IRCC will expect you have plans to remain in Canada long term. (To be approved for a study permit you must show you have strong ties to your home country and have no plans on remaining in Canada long term.)

The IRCC web site lists SAHs. Unfortunately the vast majority of them don't seem to be accepting new individuals to sponsor. Having said that, you can certainly try reaching out to them.

mharia milani

May 24, 2018
Unfortunately I no have relatives or friends @ Canada but the only path i can go is SAH, now i want to contact multiole churches in canada maybe can it help also to find sponsor i know very hard to find keep trying any suggestions will be appreciated.