+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Slight Mismatch in address while paying GIC.

GUHAN20

Nov 19, 2018
the address where you are currently residing.
Guys, my gic transfer was regected by Scotia bank today, I'm running late for applying my Visa. The reason was my beneficiary and ordering customer address didn't match their system
Ordering/beneficiary address
4-243 subanagar
Thoothukudi 628502

Passport address
4/243 subanagar
Thoothukudi 628502.
The bank said they weren't able to update "/" symbol in their system so they used "-".
Was this the reason for regection or
When my bank intitated the transfer they forgot to add a 0 infront of gic account number. But they found it immediately and then they sent a transaction acknowledge again stating to add another zero in front.
I want to know which of these two was the mistake. I want to retry transaction asap

GUHAN20

Nov 19, 2018
Who told you this was the reason? Hage you talked to scotia bank? Seems unlikely it would be rejected for slash.
Thanks, sorted out, the Consultants that enterd my address in the first place did it wrong, so sorted it out with Scotia banks customer service.
My college starts on Jan 7th , so I guess I should apply for Visa in 10 days. Do you know how long on an average it takes to get the visa.because I would probably just have a month time.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Thanks, sorted out, the Consultants that enterd my address in the first place did it wrong, so sorted it out with Scotia banks customer service.
My college starts on Jan 7th , so I guess I should apply for Visa in 10 days. Do you know how long on an average it takes to get the visa.because I would probably just have a month time.
We have seen visa in several days to several months so impossible to know, good luck.

Reactions: GUHAN20

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
As far as I know, Dec 1st is the deadline to apply for visa for Jan intake so hurry.

Reactions: GUHAN20

Mani05

Jul 26, 2018
I have a one word difference in my address
In my indian bank account - mukatsar
But in gic account- muktsar
Is it not going to create problem or not?
Everything else is same.

GUHAN20

Nov 19, 2018
I have a one word difference in my address
In my indian bank account - mukatsar
But in gic account- muktsar
Is it not going to create problem or not?
Everything else is same.
yes a big problem. whatever name is om ypur passport should exactly match both your bank and gic account. don't wait they definitely won't accept it, try again as soon as possible after changing your name

Romalalex

Nov 17, 2018
Any one please suggest me what is ordering and beneficiary customer address mistake in scotiabank I corrected the address issue

shravan95

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
My Passport and Bank Address is
A/12, Silverleaf Appt, Haridas Park Opp Ocean Park Satellite Road Ahmedabad 380015
GIC Account Address
A/12, Silverleaf Appt, Haridas Park, Ahmedabad 380015 (entered by my agent)

will this create a problem of rejection for the amount I paid for GIC

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
My Passport and Bank Address is
A/12, Silverleaf Appt, Haridas Park Opp Ocean Park Satellite Road Ahmedabad 380015
GIC Account Address
A/12, Silverleaf Appt, Haridas Park, Ahmedabad 380015 (entered by my agent)

will this create a problem of rejection for the amount I paid for GIC
the "opp ocean park satellite" looks like a landmark. Hopefully it will not be a problem because everything else matches.

shravan95

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
Yes it didn’t create any problem, I received my GIC Certificate within five days of remittance
Thanks for the reply
the "opp ocean park satellite" looks like a landmark. Hopefully it will not be a problem because everything else matches.
Yes