London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Fuad Mali said:
Dear Qorax,

Read below the email from CHC...

''
Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your message. The Government of Canada does not recognize any passport issued by Somalia and the same can not be used to enter Canada. As such, we are unable to insert your permanent residence visas into your current passports. You will be issued with a Single Journey Travel Document which will facilitate your landing in Canada. However, we will require your flight details to be able to issue your Single Journey Travel Documents. Please also note that the flight booking should be at least 60 days in the future in order to allow time for the documents to reach to you. Please be advised that you will be required to travel on the dates your flight will be booked for, you may not be allowed to travel on any other date. Therefore, you must ensure that the date you provide us is the date when you will travel. It would be ideal if you can forward your travel itinerary by email.

Since, the documents will be "single journey" only, you will not be allowed to use these for any other travel. Please also be advised that if you leave Canada on your Somalian passport after landing in Canada, you will not be able to return to Canada after as we do not recognize the Somalian passport, and we will not issue a second single journey travel document.

We note that you are currently living in the United Arab Emirates and may require your passports. If you do, please advise this office, so that your passports can be returned to you. If you do not require your passports, we will return these along with your travel documents.

Please reply to this email as soon as possible if you need your passports so that these can be returned to you.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.
''

So in my case i can choose any date (before my medical expired) to do my landing but i have to book and send my confirmed ticket before atleast 60 days of my landing day to get my SJTD.....is that correct????

Thanks

a) They r asking u to book ur a/tkts after 60-days from today. Any date AFTER 60-days.
b) It'd be wise to organize "firm tkts" asap and send it's copy to ur IO at the earliest.

Fuad Mali

Dec 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/4/2011
AOR Received.
1/6/2011
File Transfer...
1/7/2011
Med's Request
18/10/2012
Med's Done....
28/10/2012
Passport Req..
14/11/2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM with canadian address 17/1/2013
LANDED..........
Aug 2013
qorax said:
a) They r asking u to book ur a/tkts after 60-days from today. Any date AFTER 60-days.
b) It'd be wise to organize "firm tkts" asap and send it's copy to ur IO at the earliest.
Thanks Qorax.....I will book the confirmed tkt this week send it immediately, am planning to travel by Etihad airways (Direct Flight) from AUH and land in July or Aug 2013....Thanks for the advice

ramzy2277

Dec 21, 2011
Thanks qorax and fuad for the nice and informative discussion,

Fuad: first i wish u best of luck bro,it seems i will follow ur steps,my ppt was recieved by cic london today,waiting same reply from them as urs,but did u ask them what to do in case i enter canada and want to go back to uae,shall i issue travel document from inside canada,how long it takes to receive it,or if i got the pr card will that be enough to enter again as qorax informed.

Why dont they issue the visa on a seperate paper ,i got a friend of mine who left to uk,and the embassy here refuse to stamp the one year visa on his somali ppt,insted they stick it on a seperate sheet.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ramzy2277 said:
Thanks qorax and fuad for the nice and informative discussion,

Fuad: first i wish u best of luck bro,it seems i will follow ur steps,my ppt was recieved by cic london today,waiting same reply from them as urs,but did u ask them what to do in case i enter canada and want to go back to uae,shall i issue travel document from inside canada,how long it takes to receive it,or if i got the pr card will that be enough to enter again as qorax informed.

Why dont they issue the visa on a seperate paper ,i got a friend of mine who left to uk,and the embassy here refuse to stamp the one year visa on his somali ppt,insted they stick it on a seperate sheet.
That's what they'd do... 'stick' ur PR visa on a 'separate sheet' called the SJTD (see pic in my previous back posts).

ramzy2277

Dec 21, 2011
qorax said:
That's what they'd do... 'stick' ur PR visa on a 'separate sheet' called the SJTD (see pic in my previous back posts).
Hmmm, but why they limit the visa to a travel in a single day,thats not fair, somali or non-somali should be treated equally with all other FSW applicants, my visa should be valid till the end of my medicals,not valid for a single day only......and if i miss that day the for any reason ( wheather, personal issues, pilot over slept,lol, ....etc ) whole process of immigration is canceled.......thats not fair at all, where everybody has the time to orginise their lives and travel at any time as long as their meds are valid......and somalis are tied up by this SJTD....at least they should had inform us at the beginning of the process.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ramzy2277 said:
Hmmm, but why they limit the visa to a travel in a single day,thats not fair, somali or non-somali should be treated equally with all other FSW applicants, my visa should be valid till the end of my medicals,not valid for a single day only......and if i miss that day the for any reason ( wheather, personal issues, pilot over slept,lol, ....etc ) whole process of immigration is canceled.......thats not fair at all, where everybody has the time to orginise their lives and travel at any time as long as their meds are valid......and somalis are tied up by this SJTD....at least they should had inform us at the beginning of the process.
Hi,

U should be thankful they had given u a "chance". What if it was denied in the beginning itself?

1) BTW, u could book ur flight anyday after their threshold day (as they intimate to u) & u should stick to ur proposition... that's what life is all about.
2) BTW2, if u 'miss' the flight for no fault of ur own, u could obtain it's necessary documentation & request ur IO for a change of date, it's offered by them.
3) BTW3, if the a/line delays or changes their flight date, they issue u a 'notification letter' (on ur request) at the embarkation a/port itself. I know of one such case. And that letter could be used to 'land' at Canada (u don't need to inform ur VO about it, but give it to the BSO@the Canadian a/port).

Isn't all that fair enough?

Qorax

ramzy2277

Dec 21, 2011
qorax said:
Hi,

U should be thankful they had given u a "chance". What if it was denied in the beginning itself?

1) BTW, u could book ur flight anyday after their threshold day (as they intimate to u) & u should stick to ur proposition... that's what life is all about.
2) BTW2, if u 'miss' the flight for no fault of ur own, u could obtain it's necessary documentation & request ur IO for a change of date, it's offered by them.
3) BTW3, if the a/line delays or changes their flight date, they issue u a 'notification letter' (on ur request) at the embarkation a/port itself. I know of one such case. And that letter could be used to 'land' at Canada (u don't need to inform ur VO about it, but give it to the BSO @ the Canadian a/port).

Isn't all that fair enough?

Qorax
I am thankful to ALMIGHTY ALLAH only,life wont stop if i didnt go to canada or anywhere else,you have to know that canada needs young educated skilled immigrant more than we need canada,they r not different from arab rich countries in relying on foriegn immigrants to build they infra-structure and fuel their developing economy with manpower.you have to understand being a somali doesnt mean a potential refugee or a paycheck collector,in fact i am 100% sure my life style here in uae would be much better than the one waiting for me in canada at least for the next 5 years,insha ALLAH. yes there r certainly big advantages living in canada than other countries but remember we came as a skilled immigrants not refugees......we come by our own merits and expected to survive by it ( and before that By ALLAH grace and mercy of course),all in all, i believe immigrants like me and u give canada a chance not the other way.

BTW,thanks for the info on possibility of changing SJTD dates if some emergency,may ALLAH forbid,occurs.

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
@Fuad Mali and Qorax

For Somali passport holders do they need to send the passport to the VO or since there is no visa to be stamped then they will issue the SJTD directly?

I have an extensive travel history , so if the passport is required do i need to submit the other 3 old expired passports?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Camelboy said:
@ Fuad Mali and Qorax

For Somali passport holders do they need to send the passport to the VO or since there is no visa to be stamped then they will issue the SJTD directly?

I have an extensive travel history , so if the passport is required do i need to submit the other 3 old expired passports?
Hi,

1. Whether one's pps is recognized or not -- we'd yet require to submit them to our VO.
2. If the older pps were mentioned in the new pp OR anytime during the application process -- we have to 'staple' them into the new one & submit altogether.

Qorax

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Thanks Qorax

The new passport has no history of the old passport, but since i am listing my extensive travel history, in this case should I include all passport as a proof this history or I just send the new one is suffice.

Also I did a change of last name, the two old passport has a different last name, it was actually a nickname and then i corrected recently on my new passport, but all the three passport they share the first and middle name.There is no official name of change process in Somalia since there is no such thing, you just go the passport agency and they will correct it for you. Will such thing with no official change of name , can bring a delay on my file for security and background checks?

How about the extensive travel history? is this subject to confirmation to intelligence departments of destination countries to check if any crime has being committed there?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Camelboy said:
Thanks Qorax

The new passport has no history of the old passport, but since i am listing my extensive travel history, in this case should I include all passport as a proof this history or I just send the new one is suffice.

Also I did a change of last name, the two old passport has a different last name, it was actually a nickname and then i corrected recently on my new passport, but all the three passport they share the first and middle name.There is no official name of change process in Somalia since there is no such thing, you just go the passport agency and they will correct it for you. Will such thing with no official change of name , can bring a delay on my file for security and background checks?

How about the extensive travel history? is this subject to confirmation to intelligence departments of destination countries to check if any crime has being committed there?
1. Extensive travel is bound to be scrutinized. Meaning: Delays in ur security clearances.
2. Based on ur above info (in ur post) -- u do not need to submit ur older pps.

Qorax

Fuad Mali

Dec 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/4/2011
AOR Received.
1/6/2011
File Transfer...
1/7/2011
Med's Request
18/10/2012
Med's Done....
28/10/2012
Passport Req..
14/11/2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM with canadian address 17/1/2013
LANDED..........
Aug 2013
Dear Qorax,

Al humdulilah we recevied our SJTD along with COPR......I sent CSE to LVO officer regarding re-entering canada with PR card and Valid Somali Passport and read below his answer:

Dear Ms. Applicant,

Thank you for your message. Your passports will be returned to Abu Dhabi by our diplomatic mail services on Friday 25 January 2013. Our colleagues in Abu Dhabi will promptly dispatch you passports to your current address by Aramex courier. Your Aramex way bill number is 4173280580.

Secondly, you can book your tickets for 16 May 2013 or any date which is convenient for you. We only request flight bookings 60 days in the future to make sure visas/travel documents are issued and returned in time for the applicants to be able to land, there is no restriction of when you book your flights. As you will be issued with Single Journey Travel documents, please ensure that you travel on the date for which the documents are issued.

As for your query regarding leaving Canada after obtaining your Permanent Residence Cards, please be advised that the Permanent Residence Card is not a travel document, it is an identification document to state your status in Canada. You may use it to get back into the country along with your valid passports. In this case you will have to apply for Canadian Travel Documents at a Canadian High Commission/ Embassy in order to travel back to Canada with your Permanent Residence Card as your passports from Somalia are not recognized by the Government of Canada.

We trust the above will be of assistance to you. If you still require more information, please feel free to email.

Yours sincerely,

I know you told me i can enter using Somali passport with PR card but i want to avoid the risk of not allowing to re-enter canada by port entry officer.

my question can i apply for Permanent Resident Travel Document (PRTD) in Abu Dhabi embassy to re-enter canada or he mean in above answer that i should apply only for Canadian travel document inside canada (certificate of identity)????....

Thanks .......

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Hi Fuad Mali

Iska waran

First of all contgrats on getting your COPR , hope we will follow your path and get the COPR as well the soonest.
Secondly , I am not supposed to answer your question as this was directed to Qorax, but will try to answer what i know so far about this.

Actually the travel document you mentioned , is only for refugees or persons with protected status as stated by Passport Canada, other persons who are unable to get a national passport due other reasons or stateless persons may apply for Certificate of Identity.
So you are eligible to apply Certificate of Identity and not the travel document as you are neither a refugee nor a peson with protected status. http://www.passport.gc.ca/pptc/documents.aspx?lang=eng
This Certificate of Identity is not recognized as a travel document by many countries, including Middle east, Europe and many others, while the travel document is recognized by all European countries but not the middle east, i am not sure why they accept the travel document and not the Certificate of Identity.
http://www.udiregelverk.no/PageFiles/2786/ST05624-EN12_PartI_consolidated_AD1-2-3_13.11.2012.pdf

So what i would suggest you, is to apply for certificate of identity within Canada not outside as this is going to be very long and you risk yourself of not returning earlier, and whenever you leaving or entering Canada you use your Canadian Certificate of Identity while for the destination if your Canadian certificate of Identity is unacceptable you may use for the Somali passport. Current Somali e-passport can be used in many destinations including some European countries (France,Italy,Turkey..etc) and it is getting better , after long years of ban in many countries.

p.s Keep in mind that travel document and certificate of identity processing time within Canada takes several months, so apply it as soon as you get your PR card.

Hope that helps.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Fuad Mali said:
Dear Qorax,

Al humdulilah we recevied our SJTD along with COPR......I sent CSE to LVO officer regarding re-entering canada with PR card and Valid Somali Passport and read below his answer:

Dear Ms. Applicant,

Thank you for your message. Your passports will be returned to Abu Dhabi by our diplomatic mail services on Friday 25 January 2013. Our colleagues in Abu Dhabi will promptly dispatch you passports to your current address by Aramex courier. Your Aramex way bill number is 4173280580.

Secondly, you can book your tickets for 16 May 2013 or any date which is convenient for you. We only request flight bookings 60 days in the future to make sure visas/travel documents are issued and returned in time for the applicants to be able to land, there is no restriction of when you book your flights. As you will be issued with Single Journey Travel documents, please ensure that you travel on the date for which the documents are issued.

As for your query regarding leaving Canada after obtaining your Permanent Residence Cards, please be advised that the Permanent Residence Card is not a travel document, it is an identification document to state your status in Canada. You may use it to get back into the country along with your valid passports. In this case you will have to apply for Canadian Travel Documents at a Canadian High Commission/ Embassy in order to travel back to Canada with your Permanent Residence Card as your passports from Somalia are not recognized by the Government of Canada.

We trust the above will be of assistance to you. If you still require more information, please feel free to email.

Yours sincerely,

I know you told me i can enter using Somali passport with PR card but i want to avoid the risk of not allowing to re-enter canada by port entry officer.

my question can i apply for Permanent Resident Travel Document (PRTD) in Abu Dhabi embassy to re-enter canada or he mean in above answer that i should apply only for Canadian travel document inside canada (certificate of identity)????....

Thanks .......
Incidentally Ramzy asked me the same type of query, and here was my answer:

qorax said:
ramzy2277 said:
Hi qorax,

after taking some relaxation time since I received our passports and visa,now I am planning for our move to canada in may Insha ALLAH, I would like to ask you about the issue of the somali passport which is not a recognise travel document to canada,I was planning to stay there till we get out PR cards then come back to UAE and close out things here then go to canada in a couple of months later for good, but a friend told me that I cant enter canada with our somali passports even if we have the PR cards ,accordingly I have to get first certificate of identity AND travel document, and for such I require to stay in canada a period not less than 6 month to start processing those documents, is that true?....

cant i register for those 2 documents from the canadian embassy in abu dhabi,if yes is there any requirements for such?.

how long it take to recieve them and for?

how many entries they are valid?

thanks and regards.
Not true.
Once landed, u don't require anything else to enter & exit Canada. Ur Somali pps+PR Cards r enough. Ur 'friend' doesn't know what s/he's talking. Relax!

Qorax

Aries2013

Apr 24, 2013
I went in a visit to Jordan and my Refuge Travel document has expired while I'm there , I went to the Canadian embassy, in order to help me going back to Canada they took a copy of my travel document and asked me to Waite for them to contact me , I have been waiting for more than three months .
I went back to them to asking about a file number or any reference to give to to my immigration lawyer in Canada to follow up they said we have no file number or any thing to give you, they said that they are waiting for a respond from immigration Canada to know what can they do for me but that is not convenient, I called immigration Canada and they told me that they have no records or any thing in process for me regards my issue of coming back to Canada, please I'm looking forward to hear from you in the nearest future regards this.