Aug 19, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore and Etobicoke
LANDED..........
31-12-2017
What's GCMS notes and how do I apply for them?
GCMS stands for Global Case Management System. It's an integrated data management and access system by the Canadian government which enables stakeholders get access of their information. GCMS notes can help you understand the current status of your file. It contains detailed info on how CIC has reviewed your file, e.g. CIC agent's and officer's analysis of your file and their comments which help you understand how your application is progressing.

If you order your GCMS notes you will receive it within around 30-35 days. If you are residing outside Canada you can order it at getgcms website:

https://www.getgcms.com/

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
GCMS stands for Global Case Management System. It's an integrated data management and access system by the Canadian government which enables stakeholders get access of their information. GCMS notes can help you understand the current status of your file. It contains detailed info on how CIC has reviewed your file, e.g. CIC agent's and officer's analysis of your file and their comments which help you understand how your application is progressing.

If you order your GCMS notes you will receive it within around 30-35 days. If you are residing outside Canada you can order it at getgcms website:

https://www.getgcms.com/

this is not the right link..its free for some one living in canada and a permanent resident. the link you gave is for people living outside of canada who have applied for PR visa

correct link is

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
Every time I called it's the same response. "Everything looks good. We're waiting on Prohibition clearance. It's been less than 12 months." But what's driving me crazy is that none of the prohibitions apply to me or my family, we have no records whatsoever, and I feel like it's taking forever for no apparent good reason.
my own assumption is prohibitions is some thing to do with your security check.. when you get notes make sure your security check is passed.. because every thing in prohibitions amounts to security clearance..

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
Yes as per GCMS notes security check, criminality, language and residency requirement all are passed. Only prohibition is showing in process.
my own assumption is prohibitions is some thing to do with your security check.. because every thing in prohibitions amounts to security clearance that you are not a threat to canada and not been convicted before..

though you say your security is cleared but prohibitions still in process means still some thing to do with security..just my own opinion and i can be wrong..

any articles of act there like s21 or s22(1)(b)

Sukumaugali

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
my own assumption is prohibitions is some thing to do with your security check.. when you get notes make sure your security check is passed.. because every thing in prohibitions amounts to security clearance..
Exactly. That's what the call center agent said. She said all my security is done and that means prohibition should be done soon too. But we're still waiting. Anyway, nothing we can do other than wait and see.

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
Exactly. That's what the call center agent said. She said all my security is done and that means prohibition should be done soon too. But we're still waiting. Anyway, nothing we can do other than wait and see.
Can you send a case specific enquiry ? I have never tried myself after applying for citizenship...i had done when I applied for PR visa 4 years back

try sending one if you can ?

HamiltonApplicant

Apr 3, 2017
Hamilton
Visa Office......
Munich, Germany
App. Filed.......
Jan 2007
Med's Request
Dec 2009
Med's Done....
Jan 2010
Passport Req..
Apr 2010
VISA ISSUED...
May 2010
LANDED..........
25-11-2010
I am waiting from 14 months my security check is passed but prohibition is still in process and call center agents are telling that there is no time frame for it. Really ridicules that immigration department can bring thousands unknown people as refugees in one month time but own residents who are living, working, paying taxes in Canada are ignored by their system.
I agree with you 100%, it seems any one can walk in claim residency, laws are meant only for law abiding people...

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
very strange...guess they are keeping you pending for no apparant reason..can you speak to MP or some thing like that ?
I spoke to MP office two times and wrote a letter to immigration minister also got back replied from minister on 6th May 2017 as below.

Departmental records confirm that your background checks are pending a review by one of our partner agencies. As a result, citizenship officers in Mississauga have not been able to assess your case as quickly as they originally intended.

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
I spoke to MP office two times and wrote a letter to immigration minister also got back replied from minister on 6th May 2017 as below.

Departmental records confirm that your background checks are pending a review by one of our partner agencies. As a result, citizenship officers in Mississauga have not been able to assess your case as quickly as they originally intended.
ok have you talked to their partner agencies directly ???? and second thing who is this partner agency ??? if you can talk to them directly ????