+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP ONLINE APPLICATION

Shravan_Kumar

Sep 21, 2020
Hi guys, Is there by chance of getting an ITA from SINP if the education mentioned in the NOC is not matching an applicant’s education? I am in the process of gathering my documents to complete my application of EOI. The NOC is 2171 now 21221. This requires:
  • A bachelor's degree in computer science, business administration, information systems or a related discipline or completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.
  • Certification or training provided by software vendors may be required by some employers.
I have created an explanation document that sort of details my education of bachelor of technology in civil engineering with regards to me having 7 Computer Science/I.T subjects also in my curriculum in my 4 years of bachelors degree. My NOC is basically Business Analysts/consultant …people who are not completely tech based but are often employed by I.T companies. I also wrote that I have my work experience in 2 of the world’s biggest IT giants. They are both established I.T companies with global presence. And my entire decade long experience is in that NOC without any breaks. I have my reference letters from both which clearly lists my roles and responsibilities in alignment to my NOC. As well as I thought maybe I could include my domain certifications I have done in the past for my role as a business analyst in the insurance domain (I am still debating this). Is there any scenario where my application will be accepted. Or is it a lost case that even after I submit my documents/letter It will be rejected?
I am in the same boat. Got the invitation on 18th May, and have 7 years of experience in NOC 21221. I have the employer reference letters with the aligned job duties as well. The only thing is that I have a B.S in Aviation and my MBA is also in Aviation Management. The education requirement states Bachelors in Business Administration. So I don’t know if my bachelors or my MBA are sufficient here. Can someone help ? The 7 years of experience that I have claimed points for is after my MBA.

Ritesh_08

Aug 17, 2021
Hi Everyone,

I have claimed 10 years work experience in 6221 NOC code in SINP from 2013-2023.
ECA -Master's in business administration only in 2019
I am a computer science engineer and have a work experience of 10 years in selling computer peripherals like Hard disk in the world's biggest data storage company. I have not done ECA for my bachelor's( Engineering) but as per 6221, I have bachelors in line with the product that I am selling. The current process is in invoice reappeared and In process. Due to think they will ask for additional document for ECA for bachelors, or they can approve basis my bachelors is sync with experience.

Look forward in hearing the expert advice.

My timeline

SINP ITA- 3rd May
AOR- 12th May
IN process- 6th June
ADR & Invoice disappeared- 7th June
ADR submitted and completed-8th June
IN process and Invoice reappeared -12th June.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I have claimed 10 years work experience in 6221 NOC code in SINP from 2013-2023.
I am a computer science engineer and have a work experience of 10 years in selling computer peripherals like Hard disk in the world's biggest data storage company. I have not done ECA for my bachelor's( Engineering) but as per 6221, I have bachelors in line with the product that I am selling. The current process is in invoice reappeared and In process. Due to think they will ask for additional document for ECA for bachelors, or they can approve basis my bachelors is sync with experience.

My timeline

SINP ITA- 3rd May
AOR- 12th May
IN process- 6th June
Not sure of your question. All you can do is wait. You may be okay. SINP is strict about NOC matching education so if MBA matches the NOC then you should be okay. SINP will usually not ask for ECA for bachelors because you didn’t use it for points. If your bachelor degree was a match to the NOC then you should have used it for your application instead of MBA. I guess you wanted more points for ITA.

Shravan_Kumar

Sep 21, 2020
Not sure of your question. All you can do is wait. You may be okay. SINP is strict about NOC matching education so if MBA matches the NOC then you should be okay. SINP will usually not ask for ECA for bachelors because you didn’t use it for points. If your bachelor degree was a match to the NOC then you should have used it for your application instead of MBA. I guess you wanted more points for ITA.
Hi Naturgrl,

NOC 21221 which is for Business Systems Analyst requires Bachelors is Business Administration as one of the education requirement. I have a MBA in Aviation Management. Should this be okay or it might cause a problem because the MBA has nothing to do with IT? The experience for which I have claimed points is after my MBA.
Require your expertise. Thanks.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Naturgrl,

NOC 21221 which is for Business Systems Analyst requires Bachelors is Business Administration as one of the education requirement. I have a MBA in Aviation Management. Should this be okay or it might cause a problem because the MBA has nothing to do with IT? The experience for which I have claimed points is after my MBA.
Require your expertise. Thanks.
Are you in the airline field now? If so that should be okay. Can’t say what SINP officials will say.

Oct 27, 2022
Hi guys, Is there by chance of getting an ITA from SINP if the education mentioned in the NOC is not matching an applicant’s education? I am in the process of gathering my documents to complete my application of EOI. The NOC is 2171 now 21221. This requires:
  • A bachelor's degree in computer science, business administration, information systems or a related discipline or completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.
  • Certification or training provided by software vendors may be required by some employers.
I have created an explanation document that sort of details my education of bachelor of technology in civil engineering with regards to me having 7 Computer Science/I.T subjects also in my curriculum in my 4 years of bachelors degree. My NOC is basically Business Analysts/consultant …people who are not completely tech based but are often employed by I.T companies. I also wrote that I have my work experience in 2 of the world’s biggest IT giants. They are both established I.T companies with global presence. And my entire decade long experience is in that NOC without any breaks. I have my reference letters from both which clearly lists my roles and responsibilities in alignment to my NOC. As well as I thought maybe I could include my domain certifications I have done in the past for my role as a business analyst in the insurance domain (I am still debating this). Is there any scenario where my application will be accepted. Or is it a lost case that even after I submit my documents/letter It will be rejected?
Hi,

In the same boat, you will receive an ITA, but plan your justification as nobody can confirm except the officer in charge of your file.

I am applying under NOC 21221 under SINP EE Stream.

I have 8 years of work experience as a Business Analyst.
However, my education is MBA and B.tech in Metallurgical engineering.

I have received NOI and preparing my application
I am not sure if this will create a problem, but I am proceeding with my application

NOC CODE requirement:

Shravan_Kumar

Sep 21, 2020
Hi,

In the same boat, you will receive an ITA, but plan your justification as nobody can confirm except the officer in charge of your file.

I am applying under NOC 21221 under SINP EE Stream.

I have 8 years of work experience as a Business Analyst.
However, my education is MBA and B.tech in Metallurgical engineering.

I have received NOI and preparing my application
I am not sure if this will create a problem, but I am proceeding with my application

NOC CODE requirement:
They have not specified in which stream they require the business administration degree in. On top of that the requirement is bachelors in business administration and you have an MBA. I also am in a similar situation. Hope it works out.

thirdfromright

May 14, 2023
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
10-01-2024
AOR Received.
18-01-2024
Hi Everyone,

My timeline

SINP ITA- 3rd May
AOR- 12th May
IN process- 6th June
Any update post that?

maplemom

Star Member
Apr 8, 2019
Hi all, please can I apply for SINP with a three-month BootCamp Certificate? I have been working as a data analyst for more than a year now. My background is in Law though. I transitioned from being a lawyer to being a data analyst in our new analytics department in the same establishment that I have worked for the past six years.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi all, please can I apply for SINP with a three-month BootCamp Certificate? I have been working as a data analyst for more than a year now. My background is in Law though. I transitioned from being a lawyer to being a data analyst in our new analytics department in the same establishment that I have worked for the past six years.
No. A 3 month certificate will not even be assessed or considered as education. For SINP your education must meet your NOC.

maplemom

Star Member
Apr 8, 2019
No. A 3 month certificate will not even be assessed or considered as education. For SINP your education must meet your NOC.
Thanks for your clarification. I appreciate it... would I qualify for the express Entry category-based draws as a data analyst?