+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP - NOC in demand - work experience vs education.

ViniIELTS

Feb 16, 2019
Hi All,
I currently have a work experience of 3.5 years under a NOC mentioned in the Occupation-indemand list for SINP EOI. Should I choose
3 years or 4 years as my work experience under SKILLED WORK EXPERIENCE section while submitting the EOI Profile? Kindly reply asap.

ashuindian

VIP Member
Jan 5, 2016
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
4Jan16
Nomination.....
01Jun16
AOR Received.
17Jan17
File Transfer...
09 Feb17
Med's Request
08 Jun17
Med's Done....
13 Jun17
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2018
Hi All,
I currently have a work experience of 3.5 years under a NOC mentioned in the Occupation-indemand list for SINP EOI. Should I choose
3 years or 4 years as my work experience under SKILLED WORK EXPERIENCE section while submitting the EOI Profile? Kindly reply asap.
3 years

Chikwad1

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
Obviously.
If not, then how can then they differentiate among education, Noc and experience?
Hello ashuindian, am not sure job experience must match your field of education. haven't seen that in their site b4.
I know that most of the Noc requires more of experience. example managers in agriculture.
correct me if am wrong- thanks.

Matt173

Oct 13, 2019
Hmm? How is that possible? My wife has liberal arts degrees in Japanese language and subsequently worked for over 6 years at an investment bank in sales and subsequently as senior manager for 9 years at one of the world's largest wholesale financial data providers. SINP looks that educational requirements are met but primarily they look to fill labor shortages and hence they are keen to find applicants that have matching skills. Why would education have to match with work experience? Can't disagree more.

Obviously.
If not, then how can then they differentiate among education, Noc and experience?

Matt173

Oct 13, 2019
I agree. Education does NOT have to match work experience and work-related skills (and the contrary is nowhere mentioned on their website). One may have studied poetry in college but worked for 10 years in corporate sales. If SINP looks for corporate sales women/men then that is what they care about as long as the minimum educational requirements are met, but they do not look for any sort of relationship between the field of education and the field of work/work-related skills.

Hello ashuindian, am not sure job experience must match your field of education. haven't seen that in their site b4.
I know that most of the Noc requires more of experience. example managers in agriculture.
correct me if am wrong- thanks.

Chikwad1

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
I agree. Education does NOT have to match work experience and work-related skills (and the contrary is nowhere mentioned on their website). One may have studied poetry in college but worked for 10 years in corporate sales. If SINP looks for corporate sales women/men then that is what they care about as long as the minimum educational requirements are met, but they do not look for any sort of relationship between the field of education and the field of work/work-related skills.
Dear Friends, a colleague applied under OID last October,noc0821, he has over 7years experience as a poultry farm manager and an MBA in management. but he's application was termed ineligible after waiting for more than 6months because he has no certificate or diploma or degree in agriculture. with this it means your field of education must correspond with your work experience b4 u can be nominated.

Matt173

Oct 13, 2019
Perhaps he was rejected because he did not fulfill " Managers in this unit group usually own and operate their own establishment"? And yes if the NOC requires a specific educational background then that is one thing, but it's not what SINP establishes as requirement. If you claim work experience in a certain NOC then the duties should match and for 0821 that most often means managing one's own agricultural establishment and if not then an extensive agricultural educational background and plenty training.

Dear Friends, a colleague applied under OID last October,noc0821, he has over 7years experience as a poultry farm manager and an MBA in management. but he's application was termed ineligible after waiting for more than 6months because he has no certificate or diploma or degree in agriculture. with this it means your field of education must correspond with your work experience b4 u can be nominated.

Chikwad1

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
Perhaps he was rejected because he did not fulfill " Managers in this unit group usually own and operate their own establishment"? And yes if the NOC requires a specific educational background then that is one thing, but it's not what SINP establishes as requirement. If you claim work experience in a certain NOC then the duties should match and for 0821 that most often means managing one's own agricultural establishment and if not then an extensive agricultural educational background and plenty training.
what I passed on was a through life scenario, so check well before u waste money and time. Noc 0821(Poultry farm manager) see employment requirement below:
Employment requirements

• Extensive farming experience, obtained as a farm supervisor or specialized crop or livestock worker or by working on a farm, is usually required.
  • A university degree or college diploma in agricultural management or other field related to crop or livestock production may be required.
like I said, the application was tagged ineligible based on the second bullet point, normally by the wordings, it was not a compulsory requirement.

ucando

Oct 1, 2018
Hi, as per WES evaluation, Canadian equivalent of my education is Bachelors degree and postgraduate diploma (one year). In SINP, I don't see any option for two or more degrees unlike EE. So I have no other option other than choosing Bachelors degree. (Actually I have 2 year MBA). Did anyone face similar situations, please help me out.

crs350onip

Feb 23, 2019
Pakistan
NOC Code......
dear All, I have a question regarding NOC and Education. I have over 13 years of documented experience but just received my Masters degree few years back.

will I be able to claim Masters degree points for work experience gathered before this time period ?

Oct 30, 2019
Pakiatan
Category........
PNP
Hi, Please help me as i have seen several posts regarding education and experience alignment in case of SINP but i am in a confusion, i request you to help me.
Corporate sales manager NOC 0601 "A university degree or college diploma in business or in a related field with a specialization in sales and Several years of experience as a sales representative or in a related occupation are usually required".
In case of SINP above is required now i have bachelor of commerce 2 years and masters in economics 2 years 12 year experience in same field ECA is in progress for both bachelors and masters Would my 2 years bachelors suffice? to substantiate the direct relation of one of my post secondary education with my job experience as most of the courses in my bachelors were related to business.
Introduction to business Business communication Statistics and business math Principles of management Auditing/computer/insurance/marketing Banking and finance Business and industrial law Economics etc
Please advice

ashuindian

VIP Member
Jan 5, 2016
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
4Jan16
Nomination.....
01Jun16
AOR Received.
17Jan17
File Transfer...
09 Feb17
Med's Request
08 Jun17
Med's Done....
13 Jun17
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2018
Hi, Please help me as i have seen several posts regarding education and experience alignment in case of SINP but i am in a confusion, i request you to help me.
Corporate sales manager NOC 0601 "A university degree or college diploma in business or in a related field with a specialization in sales and Several years of experience as a sales representative or in a related occupation are usually required".
In case of SINP above is required now i have bachelor of commerce 2 years and masters in economics 2 years 12 year experience in same field ECA is in progress for both bachelors and masters Would my 2 years bachelors suffice? to substantiate the direct relation of one of my post secondary education with my job experience as most of the courses in my bachelors were related to business.
Introduction to business Business communication Statistics and business math Principles of management Auditing/computer/insurance/marketing Banking and finance Business and industrial law Economics etc
Please advice
You can try.
In addition, check your eligibility in QSW as well
https://www.canadavisa.com/quebec-skilled-worker-immigration.html?_ga=2.242164480.362618518.1573491250-BRE7DHZlhQzF5yrpxpy3lZuzmtd91EhCaNNAUe9U2ck8ydwXW0qPCZg-3Ov6i8n9

Eyaz

Nov 21, 2019
Hello,

I need some information. I have done Masters in Networks & Telecom which has been found equivalent to 04 years bachelors degree by WES.

But however, through out my career of 10 plus years, I have been working as a Planning Engineer for construction companies for different projects related to Oil & Gas, infrastructure, and Interior Fitout works. These projects involve all trades MEP, civil, electrical, network and telecom for CCTV etc. However, I have checked the job description for the work that I perform and exactly matches with NOC code 0711 with the title Construction Managers. Other title for same NOC code includes Construction Project Coordinator, Construction Project Manager as well.

For the education requirements for NOC code 0711, it states that:
  • A university degree in civil engineering or a college diploma in construction technology is usually required.
  • A master's degree in project management may be required.
  • Several years of experience in the construction industry, including experience as a construction supervisor or field superintendent, are usually required.

• Professional engineering status or construction trade certification may be required by some employers.

But at the same time this line below is also given that:
  • Extensive experience in the construction industry may substitute for post-secondary education requirements.
So my question is, do I qualify for SINP if I apply using NOC code 0711 as I have 10 years of experience for exactly performing the same duties that are given in the job description highlighted in bold letters as follows:

Construction managers perform some or all of the following duties:

• Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate construction projects from start to finish according to schedule, specifications and budget
  • Prepare and submit construction project budget estimates.
  • Plan and prepare construction schedules and milestones and monitor progress against established schedules.
  • Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
  • Develop and implement quality control programs.
  • Represent company on matters such as business services and union contracts negotiation.
  • Prepare progress reports and issue progress schedules to clients.
  • Direct the purchase of building materials and land acquisitions.
  • Hire and supervise the activities of subcontractors and subordinate staff.
Kindly advise please.

Thanks.

Last edited:

ashuindian

VIP Member
Jan 5, 2016
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
4Jan16
Nomination.....
01Jun16
AOR Received.
17Jan17
File Transfer...
09 Feb17
Med's Request
08 Jun17
Med's Done....
13 Jun17
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2018
Hello,

I need some information. I have done Masters in Networks & Telecom which has been found equivalent to 04 years bachelors degree by WES.

But however, through out my career of 10 plus years, I have been working as a Planning Engineer for construction companies for different projects related to Oil & Gas, infrastructure, and Interior Fitout works. These projects involve all trades MEP, civil, electrical, network and telecom for CCTV etc. However, I have checked the job description for the work that I perform and exactly matches with NOC code 0711 with the title Construction Managers. Other title for same NOC code includes Construction Project Coordinator, Construction Project Manager as well.

For the education requirements for NOC code 0711, it states that:
  • A university degree in civil engineering or a college diploma in construction technology is usually required.
  • A master's degree in project management may be required.
  • Several years of experience in the construction industry, including experience as a construction supervisor or field superintendent, are usually required.

• Professional engineering status or construction trade certification may be required by some employers.

But at the same time this line below is also given that:
  • Extensive experience in the construction industry may substitute for post-secondary education requirements.
So my question is, do I qualify for SINP if I apply using NOC code 0711 as I have 10 years of experience for exactly performing the same duties that are given in the job description highlighted in bold letters as follows:

Construction managers perform some or all of the following duties:

• Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate construction projects from start to finish according to schedule, specifications and budget
  • Prepare and submit construction project budget estimates.
  • Plan and prepare construction schedules and milestones and monitor progress against established schedules.
  • Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
  • Develop and implement quality control programs.
  • Represent company on matters such as business services and union contracts negotiation.
  • Prepare progress reports and issue progress schedules to clients.
  • Direct the purchase of building materials and land acquisitions.
  • Hire and supervise the activities of subcontractors and subordinate staff.
Kindly advise please.

Thanks.
No. You can't apply for SINP.
Check your eligibility for QSW.

prash_hirani

Sep 12, 2018
Hi, as per WES evaluation, Canadian equivalent of my education is Bachelors degree and postgraduate diploma (one year). In SINP, I don't see any option for two or more degrees unlike EE. So I have no other option other than choosing Bachelors degree. (Actually I have 2 year MBA). Did anyone face similar situations, please help me out.
Hey, Im on the same boat, did you find any answer?