Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
Wagner__ said:
Seniors,

I may use my spouse account (plus mine) to proof funds to SINP, it is very clear in applicant guide. However, could I use her account to proof funds to CIC?

Has someone applied this way? ;)
CIC states that POF should be from principal applicant.

Wagner__

Star Member
Dec 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One_Topsy said:
Oh God. Do you have any idea what to do?

My scenario is, I have about CND 13.500 in my account and CND 2.000 in my spouse's account. So I don't know if I may transfer that money from her account to mine, and then explain that it is a donation or something else. Moreover, I bought some Canadian dollars, but I cannot use that document to proof funds, I guess.

henryahmed

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2015
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
Wagner__ said:
Oh God. Do you have any idea what to do?

My scenario is, I have about CND 13.500 in my account and CND 2.000 in my spouse's account. So I don't know if I may transfer that money from her account to mine, and then explain that it is a donation or something else. Moreover, I bought some Canadian dollars, but I cannot use that document to proof funds, I guess.
Guys lets use our common sense here.

If SINP accepts spouses account as POF then CIC should accept it. It makes no sense that SINP nominates you with a criteria that CIC would not accept.

However your case seems fine. just transfer the $2000 form you spouse's account to yours because you have most of the money in your account anyway.

That is my opinion.

Wagner__

Star Member
Dec 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
henryahmed said:

If SINP accepts spouses account as POF then CIC should accept it. It makes no sense that SINP nominates you with a criteria that CIC would not accept.

However your case seems fine. just transfer the $2000 form you spouse's account to yours because you have most of the money in your account anyway.

That is my opinion.
Yeah, I agree. That is my thought too, but there is no information related to that on CIC's web site. Moreover, it is not a common opinion because of this I am not sure on that subject.

Other option is to makes my spouse's account be a joint account because then it will be my account too. I don't know if I can transfer the money from her account to mine because then the money would not be there during the last six months.

That situation is getting complex, I think. :(

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
henryahmed said:

That is my opinion.
It's not about common sense, it's about CIC rules.

Document requirements

The applicant should provide official letter(s) from financial institution(s) that list all current bank and investment accounts as well as outstanding debts such as credit card debts and loans.
The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include the applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and email address), the account numbers, the date each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance in the past six months.
Other documents may also be requested, as necessary.

Individuals who must submit this documentation

The principal applicant
from: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

If your spouse is transferring that money to your account, you need to have a gift deed from your spouse IMHO.
Others in forum who have gotten funds from family members have done same.

SMani

Aug 17, 2014
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 4th 2016
IELTS Request
Band - 7
LANDED..........
Hopefully 2017
One_Topsy said:

Acceptable proof of funds are:

-bank accounts in your name or the name of your accompanying spouse/common-law partner;

-cashable investments in your name or the name of your accompanying spouse/common-law partner;

-cashable fixed deposits in your name of the name of your accompanying spouse/common-law partner.

Not acceptable are:

-bank accounts in someone else's name;

-bank accounts which are joint in your name and someone else (other than your accompanying spouse/common-law partner);

-bank accounts in the name of your spouse who is not accompanying you to Canada ;

-property valuations;

-vehicle valuations;

-jewellery valuations.

You are not required to carry your funds in cash when you arrive in Canada. You are, however, required to show documentary evidence that you have the funds available (in bank accounts or cashable investments), and that they can be transferred to Canada.

henryahmed

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2015
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
Wagner__ said:
Yeah, I agree. That is my thought too, but there is no information related to that on CIC's web site. Moreover, it is not a common opinion because of this I am not sure on that subject.

Other option is to makes my spouse's account be a joint account because then it will be my account too. I don't know if I can transfer the money from her account to mine because then the money would not be there during the last six months.

That situation is getting complex, I think. :(
If you have the option to be added to your spouses account then go for it. That way the bank letter will have both your names. The information on CIC states that your name have to appear on the bank letter but remember it says that because it is a general information for all applicants. You are a PNP applicant and SINP has their own criteria of selecting their nominees.

Do that to be on the safe side if you want.

Wagner__

Star Member
Dec 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SMani said:

-bank accounts in your name or the name of your accompanying spouse/common-law partner;

-cashable investments in your name or the name of your accompanying spouse/common-law partner;

-cashable fixed deposits in your name of the name of your accompanying spouse/common-law partner.

Not acceptable are:

-bank accounts which are joint in your name and someone else (other than your accompanying spouse/common-law partner);

-bank accounts in the name of your spouse who is not accompanying you to Canada ;

-property valuations;

-vehicle valuations;

-jewellery valuations.

You are not required to carry your funds in cash when you arrive in Canada. You are, however, required to show documentary evidence that you have the funds available (in bank accounts or cashable investments), and that they can be transferred to Canada.
Where did you find that information? Because it is different from that above, which is the same I read.

As for CIC, yeah they are very strict and clear, but at this time I don't know if it is very clear. Anyway, I think the better option is to turns my spouse's account to be a joint account, this way my name will appear on those papers too.

I don't want to jeopardize that opportunity to immigrate just because Brazilian currency is getting weaker day after day, and then I need to use my spouse's account too.

mahfuzul80

Apr 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2015
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
22-12-2015
AOR Received.
13-01-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
14-01-2016
Med's Request
Upfront Medical
Med's Done....
29-01-2016 (Passed)
One_Topsy said:
It's not about common sense, it's about CIC rules.

Document requirements

The applicant should provide official letter(s) from financial institution(s) that list all current bank and investment accounts as well as outstanding debts such as credit card debts and loans.
The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include the applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and email address), the account numbers, the date each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance in the past six months.
Other documents may also be requested, as necessary.

Individuals who must submit this documentation

The principal applicant
from: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

If your spouse is transferring that money to your account, you need to have a gift deed from your spouse IMHO.
Others in forum who have gotten funds from family members have done same.
Hi All,

What's the implication if I have outstanding loan from which I have to pay every month? For my case, I have house loan. Will CIC deduct the outstanding loan amount from total amount?

Please suggest!

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
SMani said:

Not acceptable are:

-property valuations;

-vehicle valuations;

-jewellery valuations.

Provide the source so we can all read. This looks like POF requirement for temporary resident visa

jy_k

Sep 16, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 4
Doc's Request.
feb 9
Nomination.....
SINP
AOR Received.
Feb 4
Med's Done....
Feb 6

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
Wagner__ said:
Where did you find that information? Because it is different from that above, which is the same I read.

As for CIC, yeah they are very strict and clear, but at this time I don't know if it is very clear. Anyway, I think the better option is to turns my spouse's account to be a joint account, this way my name will appear on those papers too.

I don't want to jeopardize that opportunity to immigrate just because Brazilian currency is getting weaker day after day, and then I need to use my spouse's account too.
Don't make mistake with POF.
Read here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/proof-of-funds-spouse-account-t315319.0.html

SMani

Aug 17, 2014
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 4th 2016
IELTS Request
Band - 7
LANDED..........
Hopefully 2017
One_Topsy said:
Provide the source so we can all read. This looks like POF requirement for temporary resident visa
http://www.fsw2014.info/proof-of-funds-for-the-application/

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
SMani said:
http://www.fsw2014.info/proof-of-funds-for-the-application/
Please post a link from the official CIC website. The way i see it, it has to be from the PA.