+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP: Employment Offer. NOC 0, A, B does not require IELTS ?

HL2019

Nov 24, 2019
Hello all,

I have 10 year experience in hospitality sector. I am director of a hotel in Vietnam. I got interview and accepted by a hotel owner in Regina, Saskatchewan. According to my immigration agent, they said my NOC is 0, so i don't need to submit IELTS. But, from what i read on the SINP. It still requiries at least CLB 4.

https://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/immigrating-to-saskatchewan/saskatchewan-immigrant-nominee-program/applicants-international-skilled-workers/international-skilled-worker-with-employment-offer

Therefore, my question is that my immigration agent is incorrect ?
Thank you all,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello all,

I have 10 year experience in hospitality sector. I am director of a hotel in Vietnam. I got interview and accepted by a hotel owner in Regina, Saskatchewan. According to my immigration agent, they said my NOC is 0, so i don't need to submit IELTS. But, from what i read on the SINP. It still requiries at least CLB 4.

https://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/immigrating-to-saskatchewan/saskatchewan-immigrant-nominee-program/applicants-international-skilled-workers/international-skilled-worker-with-employment-offer

Therefore, my question is that my immigration agent is incorrect ?
Thank you all,
Make sure the job offer isn't a scam. No hotels are hiring at this time so it's surprising you were able to secure a job offer.

Yes, you need to take IELTS. If the agent told you it's not required, I would be very worried the job offer is a scam. Good luck.

leo512

Jun 1, 2019
Tokyo
Category........
Other
Totally agree with #2 scylla.
There is basically no program in Canada that does not require language skills.
Some may say the Ontario program does not.
Well, it only says they don't require IELTS but that doesn't have to mean they don't require your language skills.
It's just sorta a word game.
I'm happy to see that you are not totally dependant on your agent, which a lot of people do , and this is wrong.
As an applicant, you yourself should also have a good understanding of the details of the procedures of the program you are going through. Otherwise, it's very likely for you to get cheated.
So, take a screenshot of the SINP official website, and go back to your agent and question your agent about this.
Good luck!